Buddy has turned 10 today. He’s currently reclining at my feet after a busy morning of present opening and eating, although he’s ready to pounce in case the cake comes back out of the fridge. Thanks in advance for taking a look

Buddy: at 7 1/2 and 10 years old

Buddy when we first adopted him, and one taken recently. A few people say that he has gotten greyer since we first had him (not surprising with me as his mum!) but I can’t really see it...maybe a bit more under the eyes

Buddy at 10

Buddy at 10

New snood!

Forage borl. He clearly didn’t fancy the kibble I put in there and spat it our in favour of a sweet potato and cranberry treat

Buddy at 10

Buddy at 10

Birthday cake with doggy breath biscuit garnish. it’s human friendly food so we joined in with Buds when he had a slice. Happy to share the recipe if anyone wants it, it was the easiest cake I’ve ever made!

He’s got a couple more gifts for him when his dad has a few minutes to join in with us but they are toys and clothes instead of food so I doubt they will get the same response as the cake. Unfortunately it’s Guy Fawkes’ Night tonight so there will be lots of fireworks going off, but he generally doesn’t respond to them, so we are very lucky in that respect. Our plans for the rest of the day are a nice walk and lots of cuddles

Buddy Molly 🌈 5/11/10-10/10/23

:b-day Double digits :yay 

Happy #10 Buddy! What a great day you’re having. Tell mom for your bedtime snack to give you some Eggnog Cake! 

He looks terrific!

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Happy 10th Birthday Buddy. :b-day

Grace thought she was looking into a mirror at her older self when she saw the photos.:rofl

Grace (Ardera Coleen) b. 18 June 2014 - Gotcha Day 10 June 2018 - Going grey gracefully
Guinness (Antigua Rum) b. 3 September 2017 - Gotcha Day 18 March 2022 - A gentleman most of the time

Happy Birthday, Buddy!  Sorry I missed this post yesterday. 

Rocket always said that a gray face makes you look "stinguished.'  It also makes you look very handsome!

Hope you had a great day with lots of treats. 

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Thank you all for your kind words and thoughts. He did indeed have a greyt day with lots of treats. Next stop - Rocket’s Spoil Your Hound Day! 

just a couple more videos from his birthday as he loved his new toys - he even dropped the standard issue hedgehog for one of them which was most unexpected!

Happy 10th Buddy!

You sure got lots of presents and treats!

You know a treat (cake) is really special when it has to be taken to the bed to eat. And there's as much slobber coming out as treat going in. :lol: 

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Yes, loved the drool on the cake video.  :lol  And that crinkly sounding toy appears highly satisfactory.

Buddy is a handsomely elegant gent at any age.  Classic greyhound lines.  

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

• 1 month later...

Unfortunately we don’t have one but if you look for towelling jackets your hound can wear this and it can have water applied to cool him or her down. You might want to do a search or start your own thread as it might get lost in this one which is about a different subject 

I know this is late, but could you share the cake recipe?   Monday is Cherry's first gotcha day and I'd like to have a celebration for her!

gallery_22163_3545_9670.jpg

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

2 hours ago, Potomacpupsmom said:

I know this is late, but could you share the cake recipe?   Monday is Cherry's first gotcha day and I'd like to have a celebration for her!

Hello! Yes, it’s a very simple recipe

Cake:

40ml / 2tbsp vegetable oil (plus extra for greasing the tin)

80g peanut butter

80g honey

1 large egg, lightly beaten

1 tsp vanilla extract 

120g wholemeal flour

50g grated carrot, parsnip or combination of the two

Frosting:

90g peanut butter

40g plain yogurt

optional doggy biscuits to decorate. I also used carob paste mixed with Philadelphia to write his name, mostly because I really wanted to use the carob paste :D

heat the oven to 180/160 C (fan), lightly grease a 6 inch sandwich tin and line the base with parchment

mix: oil, peanut butter, honey, eggs and vanilla in one bowl

mix flour and grated carrot in another. Fold the dry mixture into the wet until well combined. Spoon into the sandwich tin and bake for 30 minutes. Cool in the tin for 15 minutes before turning onto a rack

mix the frosting ingredients and slather on when the cake is cool. Enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...