Answering Folks' Greyhound Questions

I am guessing that the off leash portion of your video was filmed at a dog park. Why aren't your greyhounds at least wearing tag collars?  Although some owners like to have their greyhounds go collarless at home, that is not something I would suggest or imply a new adopter could do. Indoors or outside, without a collar how could you catch them if they were within reach?

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Fun clips to watch And so envious of your rural area. Just how many greyhounds and greyhound friends do you have!? Looks like a lot of fun. The question we get is, “is that a whippet?” When we had whippets the question was, “is that a greyhound?” Just can’t win...

Is that a deer?? When they see my red fawn girl...:rolleyes:

Got the whippet question after I walked by with my boys. Roman is an enourmous boy, 80+ and built, not a typical lean hound...

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Of course the inevitable statement is:   "They must need lots and lots of exercise!"   People are always shocked to hear they are couch potatoes! 

gallery_22163_3545_9670.jpg

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

• 2 months later...

That "person" needs her head examined.:rolleyes:

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

5 hours ago, greytdaddy said:

We were walking our 2 greys at a park and some woman came up to us said "Those are the 2 ugliest dogs I've ever seen." My response was "Have you looked in a mirror lately?" Her eyes got big and she was speechless.

Reminds me of the quote attributed to Winston Churchill when a lady approached him at a party and said "Sir, you are drunk" to which he replied "And madam you are ugly but in the morning I'll be sober"

Grace (Ardera Coleen) b. 18 June 2014 - Gotcha Day 10 June 2018 - Going grey gracefully
Guinness (Antigua Rum) b. 3 September 2017 - Gotcha Day 18 March 2022 - A gentleman most of the time

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/31/2020 at 8:59 AM, macoduck said:

I am guessing that the off leash portion of your video was filmed at a dog park. Why aren't your greyhounds at least wearing tag collars?  Although some owners like to have their greyhounds go collarless at home, that is not something I would suggest or imply a new adopter could do. Indoors or outside, without a collar how could you catch them if they were within reach?

Those are public domain clips.  The one with the black dog is from the UK, and I think she's on her property.  The one with the brindle, I'm not sure.  

On 10/31/2020 at 8:17 PM, waialua said:

Fun clips to watch And so envious of your rural area. Just how many greyhounds and greyhound friends do you have!? Looks like a lot of fun. The question we get is, “is that a whippet?” When we had whippets the question was, “is that a greyhound?” Just can’t win...

Mine's the pokey white/red!  As far as how many greyhound friends, the answer is "not enough!" I have to use public domain clips, because I can never seem to get enough footage for my videos.

On 1/27/2021 at 7:52 PM, greytdaddy said:

We were walking our 2 greys at a park and some woman came up to us said "Those are the 2 ugliest dogs I've ever seen." My response was "Have you looked in a mirror lately?" Her eyes got big and she was speechless.

Good for you!  I can never manage to get out a good zinger like that when somebody's rude to me.

Gail (and Lily)