Burdette is having surgery

Burd is having surgery tomorrow to remove the mass above his "eyebrow".   Its the size of a golfball.  Dr. did a FNA and was inconclusive -  she said it was more like a gelatin than a solid mass. She is also concerned that the mass may have something to do with his sinus on that side (he does not show any signs of sinus trouble). The biopsy will take about a week.

:goodluck:goodluck 

2013-Beach-2.jpg

Mimi- mom to Burdette (KB's Burdette), Sophie (LL's Stupid Is) and bridge babies Kelsey (Kelso's Logo), Sterling (Cold B Tiger), Fritz, Tasha, Chloe and Molly

:goodluck Keep us posted!

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Hope all goes well tomorrow. Ear rubs to Burdette from us. 

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

:clover:clover:clover  Sending a little bit of luck your way.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Update:  There appears to be a tumor in his right upper sinus that has compromised the area above the "eyebrow" and the brain.  We'll find out the biopsy result next week to see what kind of cancer it is but the prognosis is not good.  The tumor is inoperable.  She said he may experience seizures in the future.  Needless to say I am upset but he will be spoiled and loved for however long he has.:hope:cry1

2013-Beach-2.jpg

Mimi- mom to Burdette (KB's Burdette), Sophie (LL's Stupid Is) and bridge babies Kelsey (Kelso's Logo), Sterling (Cold B Tiger), Fritz, Tasha, Chloe and Molly

Oh Mimi :grouphug

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Spoil that boy rotten.

I'm so sorry that the diagnosis wasn't what anyone was hoping for. 

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

I'm so very sorry.  {{{hugs}}}

If you are looking into treatment there was a dog on GT a few years ago that had a radiation knife therapy for a brain tumor with fairly good results.  It seems to me I remember the dog having at least a couple more years of good quality living with her family.  Googling around it seems both Gamma Knife and CyberKnife stereotactic radiation treatment are getting to be more and more common for dogs.  I know my nearby VCA treatment center just started doing radiation therapy, so there is probably a place near you that provides it.

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

18 hours ago, greysmom said:

I'm so very sorry.  {{{hugs}}}

If you are looking into treatment there was a dog on GT a few years ago that had a radiation knife therapy for a brain tumor with fairly good results.  It seems to me I remember the dog having at least a couple more years of good quality living with her family.  Googling around it seems both Gamma Knife and CyberKnife stereotactic radiation treatment are getting to be more and more common for dogs.  I know my nearby VCA treatment center just started doing radiation therapy, so there is probably a place near you that provides it.

Yup..this.  The vet should have recommended a ct instead of surgery. You should see an oncologist that works with a radiation oncologist.  Stereotactic radiation may prove curative depending on how or how not the tumor has advanced.

I'm sorry. No advice just :grouphug and hopes for good quality of life for a while for him.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)