When Drive Dogs go for a Drive-UPDATE

We are just about set up in the Forester aka BOH2, a few tweaks and additions and we'll be done. Annie Ooohh and Punkin took the inaugural ride and while Annie Ooohh at first was unsure

120943798_2670722796577516_7648946218100273856_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=DkX0VwGiI7YAX-gvVel&_nc_ht=scontent.fijd1-1.fna&oh=888053fd50ac15719f43871ee32505ea&oe=5FA46844

both girls settled riteawayquik and loved the new BOH2 !

120893286_2670722793244183_8494551213040694791_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=TihmiT5tygsAX8L3Ap1&_nc_ht=scontent.fijd1-1.fna&oh=1c70438f9af92f6f293237b3b6714d3c&oe=5FA4761D

This is the platform from the original BOH; all that needed doing was to saw off the bottom of the supports (four of them - I almost gave up Crossfitting that day after that, lemme tell you :lol )

120943830_2670722836577512_1161214907052712288_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=hbA4_2Cu6_IAX8k-MlA&_nc_ht=scontent.fijd1-1.fna&oh=d9ef877bd20b3cbf01989650a5b2ebdd&oe=5FA74B8E

One kennel bed in place, another on order as is the hammock cover thingy

120955120_2670722779910851_1098271176340407260_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=ZEQgGydzq7AAX9R6Q8K&_nc_ht=scontent.fijd1-1.fna&oh=fd2b096a4645529f2d5a58ab566a841e&oe=5FA6341F

Big thanks to my helpers behind the scenes who have been  invaluable sources of information and support :wub:

Road trip!

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Your platform is very creative!   We have ours stuffed with pillows and outside lounge chair cushions!  :lol 

gallery_22163_3545_9670.jpg

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

Yours looks so much neater than ours!  Paris is the ultimate digger and floofs up everything before lying down.  I am going to have to attach the top layer so it won't move, but that's a project for another day.  Where will you be taking your inaugural road trip?    

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

33 minutes ago, ramonaghan said:

Soon enough you'll be seeing this view!

35205609512_3ef0642823_z.jpg

:rofl Sweep :wub:

You guys! There is so much more headroom and room in general in the BOH2 than the BOH1. It's only neat in there now because, well, our inaugural road trip was to the post office, and knot everyone came with :lol  Since there are many vehicles that the BOH2 resembles, in order to locate it easily in a parking lot it is now sporting ribbons on both sides of the roof rack, because, you know :gramps :haha

Thank you all for the good vibes :bighug 

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

It looks perfect! Lots of room for two houndies and more besides.

Aside: I'm impressed with your platform. Mine is "built" on Rubbermaid canisters (small pails with lids). :lol: 

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13), Grey Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23)

8 hours ago, MarcR said:

:thumbs-up 🚙 Here we go! 

19 hours ago, Mercsmom said:

How wonderful!  I currently have SubaROOO #6.  As long as I live in snow and ice, that's al I'll have.

Thank you. But have to ask, why so many? SubaROOs are 'sposed to last a very long time. Granted, I have at least a decade on ya and I'm just getting started :lol I really hope it's going to be the last ride we ever need to buy.

4 minutes ago, FiveRoooooers said:

Thank you. But have to ask, why so many? SubaROOs are 'sposed to last a very long time. Granted, I have at least a decade on ya and I'm just getting started :lol I really hope it's going to be the last ride we ever need to buy.

:rofl   Cuz I reellee like to drive?

gallery_27202_3534_9390.jpg

Momma to Jupiter.  Mummy to my Bridge Angels, Mercury and Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound

2 hours ago, Mercsmom said:

:rofl   Cuz I reellee like to drive?

Ah, then I should be good :lol

• 5 months later...
On 10/9/2020 at 6:46 AM, FiveRoooooers said:

This is the platform from the original BOH; all that needed doing was to saw off the bottom of the supports

Hello! Any chance you’d be willing to repost these photos? I bookmarked this thread last fall, fully intending to build a similar bridge/platform for our ‘18 Forester over the winter. Turns out that was a little bit aspirational, lol, but I’m thinking it’s time now that spring is in the air. Thanks! 

Drew and occasionally DW Melody, with Rosie (AMF Ready Made) and Marvin (Bella Riddick) in Louisville. Forever missing Brooks (KC Bastone) and Kali (Swish).

2 hours ago, quarrystepper said:

Hello! Any chance you’d be willing to repost these photos? I bookmarked this thread last fall, fully intending to build a similar bridge/platform for our ‘18 Forester over the winter. Turns out that was a little bit aspirational, lol, but I’m thinking it’s time now that spring is in the air. Thanks! 

Here you go. :)

No photo description available.

No photo description available.

3 hours ago, Mercsmom said:

Am I the only one who can't see the images?  :dunno

The original images/links don't seem to be working. 2 posts up from yours there are 2 pics that I can see, but the others in the  entire thread aren't working. 

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

26 minutes ago, Time4ANap said:

The original images/links don't seem to be working. 2 posts up from yours there are 2 pics that I can see, but the others in the  entire thread aren't working. 

Yep. Reposted two of the original pics, thanks to FB hosting them , sigh. 

My sister and I are both on Subaru Forester #2.  We both got 15+ years from our first ones and well over 200K.  When I traded #1 in at the Subaru dealer they were actually eager to get him to sell used.  

Edited by LBass

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.