GT Member LovingGreysSLP - Chris Russell

Time4ANap

Those of you who have been around GT for years may remember Chris Russell of Mahomet, IL, who had the username LovingGreysSLP.  I think in the WFUBCC she was known as NewMissChris.

Chris had a number of hounds over the years and was a driving force for greyhound adoption in Central IL for years. It was not unusual for her to hear of a dog in need or a lost dog and to respond at any hour of the day or night. She held meet and greets every weekend for years in the Champaign, IL area. 

We first met Chris when we were looking to adopt a greyhound, and although we ended up adopting Rocket from a different group, we became fast friends with Chris and her family. We lived just about 2 miles from each other, so her hounds were our hounds and vice versa.  Chris' hound Cosmo was fireworks phobic and was the driving force behind Rocket's annual "No Fireworks 4th of July Party," where we had a basement full of hounds at our house overnight with the TV and music blaring so that no one could hear the fireworks. This turned into an annual event and one we brought with us to AZ. 

Chris had been battling cancer for the last few years and was doing pretty well until two weeks ago when she had to be hospitalized. She never let the cancer get her down and was determined to beat it which made this news even harder to take.  She passed away on Thursday morning at home. While she was in the hospital, the nurses allowed her family to bring her hounds to the room to visit which I know made her extremely happy.

Chris will be greatly missed by all of those who knew her. I'm sure that there is a huge reunion in store at The Bridge with the many hounds she both helped and adopted over the years. Rest In Peace, Chris. :f_pink

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

:grouphug :f_white

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

I'm so very sad to hear of her passing :(:(:( RIP Chris.  I'm sure there were tons of houndies waiting to greet you. :grouphug

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

While she was in the hospital, the nurses allowed her family to bring her hounds to the room to visit which I know made her extremely happy

:weep

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter