Half Step

During the summer I had the patio doors open most of the time but Grace was reluctant to go through them because of the step down and the bottom rail of the door frame so I made her a half step to reduce the amount she had to step down in one go.

She refused to use it and instead stepped awkwardly to the side of it to go in and out. :(

I then put a piece of old carpet on it to make a nice softer surface for her to to step onto. She still refused to use it. :(:(

This morning, when it's cold, windy and the patio doors are shut, she stands on the step waiting to be let in :rofl:whiteflag

Grace (Ardera Coleen) b. 18 June 2014 - Gotcha Day 10 June 2018 - Going grey gracefully
Guinness (Antigua Rum) b. 3 September 2017 - Gotcha Day 18 March 2022 - A gentleman most of the time

On 9/25/2020 at 3:11 PM, Remolacha said:

:rofl That is so typical!

Pretty much. :nod

Mercury has one foot bandaged and has been hopping around like a tripod.  Except... for last outs of the night.  When he bounds up the two steps to the door and hops up and down to be let in for BB (bedtime biscuit, but you knew that).

gallery_27202_3534_9390.jpg

Momma to Jupiter.  Mummy to my Bridge Angels, Mercury and Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound

On 9/24/2020 at 11:22 PM, HeyRunDog said:

During the summer I had the patio doors open most of the time but Grace was reluctant to go through them because of the step down and the bottom rail of the door frame so I made her a half step to reduce the amount she had to step down in one go.

She refused to use it and instead stepped awkwardly to the side of it to go in and out. :(

I then put a piece of old carpet on it to make a nice softer surface for her to to step onto. She still refused to use it. :(:(

This morning, when it's cold, windy and the patio doors are shut, she stands on the step waiting to be let in :rofl:whiteflag

Petunia says that any change, no matter how small, is evil. :lol

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life