Does your greyhound bury things?

I've lived with many dogs over the years, but until we got Sully I've never actually seen a dog bury something in the garden.  Sully buries everything and he's a master at it!  Chews, soft toys, chicken wings, balls, socks.  You name it, if he's not ready to eat something, or if he's done playing with a toy then you have to watch him - he trots off to the softest bit of soil he can find and digs a pretty deep hole with his front paws, places the object in the hole and then uses his nose to expertly push the dirt back into the hole (ending up with a muddy nose of course).  It's really very sweet, but you do have to watch him with things otherwise stuff just goes missing and it's probably buried in the garden somewhere! :lol:

Haven’t had a Grey do that but one mutt did. Have had Greys who tucked things up under their bed. Missing something? Look under a dog bed. Things weren’t chewed, just stashed for safe keeping. 

Edited by kudzu

No hole digging from Grace but when I first had her she hid the TV remote in her bed as well as my bridge camera which she had dragged off the table. Not a mark anywhere but a bit damp around the edges  :rofl

Grace (Ardera Coleen) b. 18 June 2014 - Gotcha Day 10 June 2018 - Going grey gracefully
Guinness (Antigua Rum) b. 3 September 2017 - Gotcha Day 18 March 2022 - A gentleman most of the time

My first Grey, Wendy, was a master gravedigger when it came to food. She’d bury turkey necks and the like and dig them up for a snack once they were nice and ripe. #2 Grey, Lola, stole whatever she could get her mouth on and bury it under the cushions on her beds.   Jenny is a thief of all things edible or not and will hide her cache between the cushions on the sofas. 
Imagine my surprise upon finding a tomato stuffed between the back and seat cushion of the living room sofa. 

Gotta love ‘em! 

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

Lila has a big hole that she works on regularly. About once a year she will pee in her hole then cover it with dirt using her nose.  Then I have to clean pee-dirt off of her nose. :lol:

Lila Football
Jerilyn, missing Lila (Good Looking), new Mistress to Wiki (PJ Wicked).

My lurcher, Liberty, was a burier.  She take a bone outside. Then she'd dig a long hole parallel to her body.  Then, she'd drop in the bone, perpendicular to the hole and attempt to cover it. She'd get quite frustrated when it didn't work the way she wanted. 

gallery_27202_3534_9390.jpg

Momma to Jupiter.  Mummy to my Bridge Angels, Mercury and Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound