Scratching neck and face

Hello,

Our lovely grey Skelly has just turned 5 years old and we have had her for a little less than 4 months. She has just started exhibiting some new scratching behaviour over the past week that we have never seen before. She has been scratching her chin/neck a lot (about 4 or 5 times a day for a few minutes) with her back legs. She has also been rubbing her face against our sofa and her bed.

I have been checking her fur and haven't seen any sign of fleas or ticks. Her appetite is still really strong so I don't think there is a dental issue. The area on her neck that she has been scratching is a little red but she still has her fur and hasn't broken the skin. She can get really aggresive with the scratching and I am worried that she will hurt herself if this continues since her skin is so thin. 

I've been reading about possible causes and environmental (especially since it is turning to autumn here in the UK) or food allergies seem to be popular reasons especially since she has a light coloured coat. I just wanted to find out if anyone else has experienced this and what we could do to alleviate it? Change her food, give allergy meds potentially?

We have started wiping down her face and neck when she gets back from her walks and this seems to soothe her a little bit. 

Edited by SkellysPet