So many things happened...

smurfette

Hello everyone,

I haven't been here like for ages. I got my second breast cancer diagnosis in September 2019. It was a curse but also a blessing in disguise because I was able to spent the last 6 month with Andy who we had to let got due to laryngeal paralysis in February (2 weeks after his 14th birthday). I was sad but not as devastated as I feared I would be. We had a wonderful time together and were both ready when it came to end. He had lost control of his hind end and couldn't go for walkies anymore. We let him go before paralysis got the better of him. I will write an eulogy for him in the rainbow bridge but the words still elude me. He was so much more than I can put in words.

39369784jz.jpg

I needed time but finally fell in love again. Last Saturday I drove to Heidelberg to help with a transport from Ireland that came to our little adoption group. And there he was. I signed his papers on sight. 

I like all of you meet Abu (Cillowen Abu), 3 year old, Irish coursing greyhound who came into our home and just was there as if he had been home for years. 

39369776iv.jpg

39369777vg.jpg

39369779vj.jpg

39369781bk.jpg

Sorry for butchering the english language. I try to keep the mistakes to a minimum.

Nadine with Paddy (Zippy Mullane), Saoirse (Lizzie Be Nice), Abu (Cillowen Abu) and bridge angels Colin (Dessies Hero) and Andy (Riot Officer).

Oh my.. He's gorgeous!

You most certainly have been through the ringer, but I'm sure Abu is more than capable of healing your heart. 

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

{{Nadine}} You have been missed.  Andy was such a great guy and now Abu will help to steady your heart. Good to see you again!

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

10 minutes ago, FiveRoooooers said:

{{Nadine}} You have been missed.  Andy was such a great guy and now Abu will help to steady your heart. Good to see you again!

Thank you, Jan. It feels good to be back. I often thought that I should take the time to write some words but just couldn't bring myself to it. I hope you are well. 

Sorry for butchering the english language. I try to keep the mistakes to a minimum.

Nadine with Paddy (Zippy Mullane), Saoirse (Lizzie Be Nice), Abu (Cillowen Abu) and bridge angels Colin (Dessies Hero) and Andy (Riot Officer).

17 minutes ago, smurfette said:

Thank you, Jan. It feels good to be back. I often thought that I should take the time to write some words but just couldn't bring myself to it. I hope you are well. 

Your Andy stories were always so good :beatheart 

We are fine thanks. I see you’ve met Cletus KLTO (KNOT Like The Others) !

Back to regularly scheduled programming: Abu!

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Congrats, Abu is stunning.

Mom to Ranger (PB's Long Ranger), Esso (Kiowa Stay Over) and Cookie the rattie mix

Missing Kahn (Gil's Khan) 10-29-03 - 11-7-16  Belle (Regall Belooow) 8-9-07 - 3-12-17  Star (Greyt Star) 1-19-07 - 3-13-2020  Pitch (Emerald Pitch) 4-1-08 - 6-3-2020

Welcome back! I'm so sorry about Andy but glad you have peace that it was the right time. You loved him well and gave him a wonderful life. Congrats and welcome to the gorgeous Abu--love his tuxedo! :heart 

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart

Welcome Back!!!!

While I was so sorry to hear about sweet Andy, I'm sure Abu will be up for the task of being a heart healer in your house.  How are Paddy and Saoirse doing with him?

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Glad you are back and feeling well.  I am sorry about Andy, but Abu is very handsome and sweet looking.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Glad you are feeling well enough to be back here.   Andy will definitely be missed here.

Abu is one handsome dude and I think he knows it given the look on his face...:lol

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

1 hour ago, greysmom said:

Welcome Back!!!!

While I was so sorry to hear about sweet Andy, I'm sure Abu will be up for the task of being a heart healer in your house.  How are Paddy and Saoirse doing with him?

They already love him. It is like Abu has been here since forever. They play with him and Paddy even shares his sofa with him. I have never had a dog that fit in so flawlessly like Abu. 

Hi Nadine!  :wave Good to see you back again.

I will add Andy's name to the list of Bridge Angels for February. He will be in good company. :grouphug

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

I am so sorry about your diagnosis and your loss of Andy.

Abu is a wonderful addition and welcome distraction. He's gorgeous. :beatheart 

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Hi Nadine. I’m so sorry to hear about your cancer diagnosis and loss of Andy. Abu is very handsome and I’m glad to see another Irish greyhound found a great home.

on another note - your English is great.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Welcome back Nadine.    Sending :hope for your continued recovery.     I am so sorry about Andy :cry1   He was such a memorable boy.

Congratulations and welcome home to Abu!    Such a handsome boy! 

gallery_22163_3545_9670.jpg

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

Good to hear from you again! Abu is simply...STUNNING!   No doubt about it- he picked you. You are blessed.  And BTW your English is perfect! Looking forward to hearing about Abu's new adventures.  We love you both. Keep in touch. :beatheart And don't be surprised if Andy sends you a message to let you know all is well with him.  They often do that. One common way is that a lot of times a dog we currently have will allow the departed one to 'use' him to let you know by the living dog exhibiting behaviors etc. that are common to the departed ones. If Andy does you will know immediately because you will recognize his energy. It is very real and very comforting and happens quite a bit so if it happens just savor it. The departed ones can send rainbows, or butterflies, or feathers or do any number of amazing and 'unexplainable' things that you will recognize. You can tell from the pictures that Abu is strong and kind. He will be good for you-and you, for him.