Forum software update

Jeff

Sorry. On the phone, there is a thick blue bar separating each member and their comments. On the PC, there doesn’t seem to be that separation, which makes a page difficult to read. 

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Thank you. FireFox and Chrome work fine, IE does not!

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

3 hours ago, FiveRoooooers said:

Thank you. FireFox and Chrome work fine, IE does not!

Yes, IE 11 is not good. Were you expecting the updates to work for all browsers? I can get you screen shots if needed.

Lila Football
Jerilyn, missing Lila (Good Looking), new Mistress to Wiki (PJ Wicked).

Can confirm, IE is messing up the page something awful. Chrome is fine. 

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

36 minutes ago, palmettobug said:

Can confirm, IE is messing up the page something awful. Chrome is fine. 

Such a relief to know that it's knot my pandemical state of mind :crazy

:lol

On 9/3/2020 at 10:22 AM, Jeff said:

No, we have not supported IE in 10+ years

IE still exists? :dunno

Sounds like the WFUBCC is finding all the flaws.  I guess we're useful for something. ;)

gallery_27202_3534_9390.jpg

Momma to Jupiter.  Mummy to my Bridge Angels, Mercury and Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound

1 minute ago, Jeff said:

Exactly!

Windows XP still exists and it's end of life support was April 2014!

XP was a champ!  I was sorry to see it go.  IE? Not so much.

gallery_27202_3534_9390.jpg

Momma to Jupiter.  Mummy to my Bridge Angels, Mercury and Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound

Unfortunately, our work systems only use IE. We still have a system that runs COBOL (it's been gradually superceded over the last, oh, decade or so, but some functions haven't transitioned yet)!!

We're lucky we don't have to use floppies, like the launch system for the nukes :lol:

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

When posting to a thread there used to be a function that saved a draft of your post that could often be retrieved if some sort of id10t move on the poster's part cleared the reply text.  Does that draft function still exist in the new forum version and, if so, how do I find it and use it?

I wish I was asking for a friend. :lol 

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

@LBass yeah, still there, just tried it. If you start typing something then navigate away, it should be there when you return, with an option to clear the editor if you don't need it any longer.

I don't know of a way to call it up specifically other then navigating away and back, I think it is session/cookie based, so local to your specific computer.

large.greyhound_signature.gif

• 3 weeks later...

yeah, it was all the way to the left corner. They changed the way the header area works, what was in the past one big block that included the CREATE, NOTIFICATION Bell, Messenger, and login info, is now 2 blocks, with the previous mentioned items in their own block. So what remains is the second block, and the logo is centered in that second block rather than the entire screen.

The larger your screen, the more it will appear centered overall, but it really isn't. You'll notice if you make the window smaller, eventually the CREATE, NOTIFICATION, etc block will disappear and then the logo will be centered on the entire screen.

Can you put another invisible block on the left of the header the same size as the "CREATE, NOTIFICATION Bell, Messenger, and login info" block so you now have 3 blocks?

Grace (Ardera Coleen) b. 18 June 2014 - Gotcha Day 10 June 2018 - Going grey gracefully
Guinness (Antigua Rum) b. 3 September 2017 - Gotcha Day 18 March 2022 - A gentleman most of the time

Probably, but then we'd have the opposite problem on smaller screen when the right block disappears.

It also seems these days, if you edit the templates, they fail to update during the update process which creates a whole set of other problems unfortunately. 

The template system became extremely complex and limited during the last major revision.