Forum software update

Jeff

Looks great Jeff!  Much cleaner!

When I'm viewing on my Tablet (samsung Tab A) and replying to a thread, every time I hit the return key the whole keyboard disappears until I tap in the reply field to activate it again.

::kiss2    <<<  This is an ongoing issue when "spelling" the emojis.  This one and a couple others have an extraneous : show up when you space or type away from it, as shown here.  It will not post with the extra : .  Efforts to remove the extra :  often involve erasing the whole spelling several times and retyping, or posting the post, and then going back and editing it away to get it to actually post the emoji.

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Change is hard! I will leave it at that (I feel like I have a new brand of underwear... It's fine, but different.)

Spelling emojis works fine on the laptop, and the mobile version (have not tried since the update) on my cell.  It's just the "full" version on the tablet

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

I don't see the "surf naked" option when I sign in.

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

On my phone using the mobile app

Keyboard disappears when the enter key is pressed.

:kiss2

Spelling works!

The WFUBCC thread is pushed over to the left half on my iPad, while this thread and others fill the screen.

I have no idea why.

Miss "England" Carol with whippet lurcher Nutmeg & Zavvi the Chihuahua.

R.I.P. Chancey (Goosetree Chance). 24.1.2009 - 14.4.2022. Bluegrass Banjoman. 25.1.2004 - 25.5.2015 and Ch. Sleepyhollow Aida. 30.9.2000 - 10.1.2014.

1 hour ago, Banjoman said:

The WFUBCC thread is pushed over to the left half on my iPad, while this thread and others fill the screen.

I have no idea why.

OK, having now looked at other threads I find them all the same, it was the thread listings that were full page as well as this thread. Just have to get used to the new format!

R.I.P. Chancey (Goosetree Chance). 24.1.2009 - 14.4.2022. Bluegrass Banjoman. 25.1.2004 - 25.5.2015 and Ch. Sleepyhollow Aida. 30.9.2000 - 10.1.2014.

3 hours ago, Banjoman said:

I have no idea why.

Same thing on both my iPad and desktop.   As far as I can see this is the only thread.  

As well, on my iPad there is no box for me to post and no 'quote' option.   

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Hmmmm.... no 'edit' button?  

And in the WFUBBC there is no way to change font colours, size or center the type.

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

1 hour ago, BatterseaBrindl said:

Hmmmm.... no 'edit' button?  

And in the WFUBBC there is no way to change font colours, size or center the type.

To edit, click the 3 dots on the upper right of the post:

Screenshot 2020-09-02 at 7.42.42 AM.png

Text options are here:

Screenshot 2020-09-02 at 7.43.26 AM.png

If they are grayed out and you can't click them, click SOURCE on the left.

large.greyhound_signature.gif

8 hours ago, GreyTzu said:

I don't see the "surf naked" option when I sign in.

yeah, that was an odd design decision and hard to find....

Click your username in the upper left, choose Account Settings > Security & Privacy > (enter your password if asked) > select Hide My Online Status

5 hours ago, Banjoman said:

I have no idea why.

Is it because of this extra block showing on the top right with post details? I have no idea (yet) why it shows in some places and not others.

Screenshot 2020-09-02 at 7.53.26 AM.png

39 minutes ago, Jeff said:

To edit, click the 3 dots on the upper right of the post:

Screenshot 2020-09-02 at 7.42.42 AM.png

Text options are here:

Screenshot 2020-09-02 at 7.43.26 AM.png

If they are grayed out and you can't click them, click SOURCE on the left.

It all looks very good now here on the desktop!  Thanks :)

Still having issues with the iPad.

The screen size is good, but I can't reply to anything...the reply box is very tiny and will not open  :dunno

118282457_10222746299707000_5435813384145900182_o.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=olm2PYKPZ5gAX_CZgj0&_nc_ht=scontent-yyz1-1.xx&oh=681ed4dc5df641428586516039aa3922&oe=5F764818

8 hours ago, Jeff said:

fixed?

Seems fine now, thank you.:thumbs-up

On my iPhone it’s fine. On the PC not so much. It’s difficult to tell where one member and their comment/s end and the next begins, and even more difficult to read if they are quoting and responding to a quote.   

Ducky's meme is spot on :lol  

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

8 hours ago, Jeff said:

@BatterseaBrindl give this a try https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-36994/

If that doesn't work, try this 

Androidman.png

:rofl 

Nope. Didn't work. 

Still no reply box...well there is one, but it is miniature and will not open.  And No "Quote' box.And now I have to reload my stuff...

The iPad is very old...maybe it's time for a new one.  

Hmmmm... Seems fine here on my android phone... 

1 hour ago, FiveRoooooers said:

On my iPhone it’s fine. On the PC not so much. It’s difficult to tell where one member and their comment/s end and the next begins, and even more difficult to read if they are quoting and responding to a quote.   

Ducky's meme is spot on :lol  

Sorry, I don't understand the comments, can you be more specific.