Danny- BTFrontalAssault 09/19/13-08/25/19

GreyTzu

Danny- BTFrontalAssault 09/19/13-08/25/19

Words fail me.  Tears and heartbreak and sorrow barely scratch the surface of my soul tonight.  Danny was diagnosed with Osteo last Tuesday.  Based on x-rays, his overall health, and his young age, we made the decision to amputate his leg.  Emptiness filled the house this morning as Danny slipped away at the Vet’s office.

Danny and I first met when I was helping out BluToo Kennels at Palm Beach.  His sometimes flippy-forward ears caught my attention and it was love at first sight.  And perhaps the fact the I accidently gave him a snack meant for another dog who was racing that day.  It was our secret and we never shared it.  Danny didn’t race, but he did go to racing school in Iowa, the winter of the blizzard, and got stuck there for an extra month.  He let it be known that he preferred the sunshine and warmth of Florida over the frozen and icy tundra of Iowa.

After some communication and testing glitches with another group, I contacted his owner directly.  Kevin and I drove to Ocala the day after Thanksgiving and brought his home in 2015.  It was a perfect fit. 

Kind best sums up Danny.  He was always a very kind dog.  While not afraid to put another dog in their place if needed, he also took a lot of guff before he did it.  He was always kind to the cats and little dogs.  Freddie Mercury regularly tried to gum his toes off and Danny just ignored it.  Sally Ride constantly threatened bodily harm if he tried to get on the couch and Danny climbed up anyway.  Yet, five minutes later, Danny, Freddie, Sally, and a cat would be sleeping interwoven in a heap on the couch.  I never heard more than a soft growl from Danny for any reason.  Catsby and Quinn both loved to rub against his face and he would kindly sniff them and enjoy their love. 

Nicknames run amok in our home and Danny had plenty.  I think the two that stuck were Dan The Man the Dog and BigManDog.  And he loved both.  Danny would snarfle with glee when I greeted him with either name.  He was proudly BigManDog to Freddie Mercury’s LittleManDog. 

As a male, he was a bottom crate dog, so he had to learn how to get on both the bed or the couch.  But it was a lesson he learned quickly and a feat he was proud of.  He didn’t really jump, more like he climbed, but he was committed to watching TV with us and to sleeping on our bed.  Every night, I fell to sleep across the bed as my head rested next to his.

Danny had a quick smile.  It was hard to catch as he was so fast with it.  I started getting him to slow down with it by reaching for him and giving him a quick kiss.  And it worked because he would hold his smile until his kiss on this front toofers.  He shared his grin freely with those he loved.  Every morning Danny greeted me with his toothy quickly-flashed grin.

2017 Danny and I embarked on an epic road trip.  We drove to the Berkshires in Western Massachusetts to visit my family.  It was the first all seven of us had been together in 29 years.  And Danny was the best traveling companion a gal could wish for.

Jen was generous enough to offer us a place to stay and we ended up there for two nights.  She hosted a small GT gathering and Danny was kind to all who attended.  The trip home, Maureen opened her home and we stayed there too.  And Danny proved he was indeed a greyhound, having never seen stairs.  I think Tim ended up having to carry him down.  Nancy hosted Danny for the day, so I could bucket-list a visit to Saratoga Springs race track and the National Museum of Racing and Hall of Fame.  No clue how he survived the back seat of a caddy with my sister the truck driver at the wheel.  It was a harrowing experience, at best.  I made up for it by visiting Mount Greylock the next day and he liked the vista of the mountains and the peaceful cool breeze.  Everyone who met Danny fell in love with my handsome boyfriend.  He was polite and kind to everyone he encountered on our vacation. 

We had much conversation and shared many secrets during our journey.  But I wouldn’t take him to the Ava Gardner Museum in North Carolina on the way home.  He forgave me, and I never told anyone that he liked to older women.  He confided to me that he wanted both Violet and Harper’s phone numbers, the handsome scamp that he was. 

His loss is devastating and my heart to crushed.  Both Daphne and Dexter, along with Catsby and Quinn are missing him, as are both of us.  With racing done in Florida, I don’t know if there will be a 12th greyhound in our home.  I hope so.  However, Danny is in my heart forever.  Run free Big Man Dog and take care of Little Man Dog.

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

I am so very sorry for the loss of your special boy.

What wonderful memories you made together!  Remember them and smile .......

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

I'm so sorry for your loss. Though Danny is gone way too young, you packed his life full of adventures and love. Cherish those memories.

Rest well, Danny.

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart

I am so sorry to hear this about your Danny. He was such a special boy.  :(  "Kind" is the loveliest description I've ever heard someone call their dog. :grouphug

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Beautiful tribute, I’m so sorry it needed to be written. Far too soon. What a wonderful kind boy.  

Godspeed Danny. The love never ends. 

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

such a beautiful tribute for your sweet boy. :cry1 :cry1  he was much too young to leave you.  I am so very, very sorry :sad1 :cry1   sending many hugs.  :grouphug

I will tell Larry and Zeke to greet him and show him the softest clouds. :cry1

Edited by RaineysMom

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

I'm so sorry for the loss of your sweet Danny.  He obviously knew how much he was loved.  I love the fact that you two had secrets.  I used to to tell Rocket all the time "and don't tell your mother we did this..." 

Run-free Danny. :f_red

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

I am so sorry for your loss of Danny. Never ever easy. Rest well Dan the Man the Dog.

Mom to Ranger (PB's Long Ranger), Esso (Kiowa Stay Over) and Cookie the rattie mix

Missing Kahn (Gil's Khan) 10-29-03 - 11-7-16  Belle (Regall Belooow) 8-9-07 - 3-12-17  Star (Greyt Star) 1-19-07 - 3-13-2020  Pitch (Emerald Pitch) 4-1-08 - 6-3-2020

Wendy...No words....so sorry for you and Kevin.  :bighug

gallery_4518_2903_10272.jpg
Donna and...Lucy and Chubb
Rascal H 10/1/91-5/22/04 My best friend and Bounty Boon 1/23/99-6/25/07 My boy with the biggest heart
Cody 7/28/99-8/1/13 My boy that always made me laugh and Dylan 5/12/04-12/29/2017 The sweetest boy ever

Miss Mollie 1/1/99-1/30/15 and Pixie :heart:heart-10/10/2017 Lincoln :heart-2/14/2021

I'm so incredibly sorry. That he was so extraordinary and that he was so very young makes his loss more than twice as difficult. Your tribute to him is perfect.

Godspeed Danny.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Oh, Wendy, this is so sad.  I am so very sorry for your loss.  We have all lost so many dogs this year.  

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

It's always heartbreaking to have someone lose a wonderful dog, and especially heartbreaking when he was so young and you were looking forward to many more years and adventures with him.  May kind Danny's spirit run with the wind.  And :grouphug to all who love him, and will always love him  

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

I'm so sorry for your sudden and unexpected loss of Danny 

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross