SLIM 12/21/99 - 8/15/06 Mission Accomplished

racindog

Slim as I began to think about what to say in our yearly Memorial post you made it very clear what it should be.  Thank you! The theme this year is the legacy you left. What you gave me and others is too big to even try and recount in any tribute. It is an integral and vital part of my life. It tells me what I should do; what I want to do; what I need to do; and how. Even more it allows me to understand the why’s.  Therefore I will attempt in the broadest sense to share just a small snippet.  

You made it clear that while you crossed over in body you did not and would not ever leave me. You have sent me many many signs over the years to reassure me and allow me to continue actively sharing our love. What you have done is teach me-from the other side-what I am experiencing, what it means, and how I should respond.

You have taught me the most basic things: that we are not earth beings going through a temporary spiritual experience, but rather we are spiritual beings going through a temporary earth experience. You have taught me the most powerful things: that true love is unconditional and everlasting and always palpable…and always trumps everything else. Learning this has taken away fears and other negative things and empowered me to succeed and live fully and completely toward accomplishing what I was put here to do. 

Your purpose was obvious Slim. You came here to protect and to teach—in other words to empower those fortunate enough to have know you.  You succeeded. You taught me that is what I am to do as well-and that you will help me. I finally feel like we are getting into a position to do that now and I try to. My current world of being a K9 Handler in Search & Rescue is just one result of how you have guided me from the other side.  It is to use the blessed skills of you dogs and us to help others.  Even from the other side you are still an operator Slim…and we both know the little joke behind that. There’s more than one way to help people sometimes isn’t it? 

You are and were a powerful K9 Slim, very serious, very protective, and not to be trifled with. You simply would not tolerate nonsense, especially if you perceived it as a threat.  Yet you taught me that none of the worldly ‘stuff’ that can get a person upset matters at all. That what matters is love. That it is solely love that is eternal, cannot be destroyed (because it is energy) even by death, and that love is the most powerful force in the universe. In the end it is all we are really seeking and all that we need.

How can I thank you for such gifts Slim? For gifts that have kept me safe and on the right trail and that I can see even helping others- today and tomorrow! You are the best thing that ever happened to me. You saved my life-and now I can help others-working with the current 'earth' dogs the Lord blesses us with. It just doesn’t get any better than that. Mission Accomplished Slim!!!   You’re the best.  Love you Slim.  God knows how much I love you. :beatheart

LETTER FROM YOUR PET SLIM IN HEAVEN
To my dearest family, some things I'd like to say.
But first of all, to let you know, that I arrived okay.
I'm writing this from the Bridge.
Here I dwell with God above.
Here there's no more tears of sadness
Here is just eternal love.

Please do not be unhappy just because I'm out of sight.

Remember that I am with you every morning, noon and night.
That day I had to leave you when my life on earth was through,
God picked me up and hugged me
and He said, "I welcome you. It's good to have you back again,
you were missed while you were gone. As for your dearest family,
They'll be here later on."

God gave me a list of things, that he wished for me to do.
And foremost on the list, was to watch and care for you.

And when you lie in bed at night the day's chores put to flight,
God and I are closest to you...in the middle of the night.
When you think of my life on earth, and all those loving years,
because you are only human, they are bound to bring you tears.
But do not be afraid to cry: it does relieve the pain.
Remember there would be no flowers, unless there was some rain.
I wish that I could tell you all that God has planned.
If I were to tell you, you wouldn't understand.

But one thing is for certain, though my life on earth is o'er.
I'm closer to you now, than I ever was before.

There are rocky roads ahead of you and many hills to climb;
But
together we can do it by taking one day at a time.

It was always my philosophy and I'd like it for you too;
That as you give unto the world, the world will give to you.
If you can help somebody who's in sorrow and pain;
Then you can say to God at night... "My day was not in vain."
And now I am contented... that my life was worthwhile.
Knowing as I passed along I made somebody smile.
God says: "If you meet somebody who is sad and feeling low;
Just lend a hand to pick him up, as on your way you go.

When you're walking down the street with me on your mind;
I'm walking in your footsteps only half a step behind."

"And when it's time for you to go... from that body to be free.
Remember you're not going...
you're coming here to me."

Author Unknown

slimfestport2[1]SMALLer.jpg

Edited by racindog

What precious memories you have of Slim. :heart

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

You and Slim definitely have a bond. Awesome memories! 

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

:grouphug

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

sending hugs to you, Donna :grouphug

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

• 1 year later...

Your Slim sounds like a powerful presence.  I'm glad you 2 found each other. The world is a better place because of it.

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.