Interceptor plus and panacur

I'd give them 2 weeks apart but I think you should probably clarify with the vet as to how he wanted them given in this particular case.  That's a lot of dewormer to give together so I doubt he wanted them given together.  If you haven't given either to this hound before then I definitely would not give them together until you see how he reacts to each one individually. One of our hounds has bad tummy reactions to the Interceptor Plus while the other does just fine on it. 

The current generation of hookworms is largely resistant to some dewormers and there is a very long hookworm thread in the Health and Medical section with more info about the Prison Protocol and the Dr Ng's Modified version of that protocol. You might want to familiarize with that info and address with your vet if the Panacur doesn't take care of the hooks.  Both of our dogs took over 6 months of 2 medications to rid them of the hooks, and one still has the hookworm antigen in her system so we probably aren't completely clear yet. 

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Panacur is not as crazy toxic as drontal plus. There shouldn't be a problem with the two being close. they are not the same ingredients. Now Drontal Plus and Interceptor have the same active ingredient. I opted not to use interceptor since i noticed a negative reaction from the two times my female whippet has had Drontal Plus.

Safe guard goat wormer is basically panacur. cheap on Amazon

IVOMEC is heart worm med. I was also told my my whippet breeder who used to work at a vet that the IVOMEC which is in interceptor last for 45 days. the manufacturers say monthly since no one can keep track of a 45 day period to re-administer.

I worm(safe guard) for 3 days(one of the breeders i know does 5 days once a month) on the 27th, administer heart worm on the 12th.

some vets prescribe panacur once a week for 4 weeks. 

1 hour ago, cleptogrey said:

Safe guard goat wormer is basically panacur. cheap on Amazon

SafeGuard is just the retail version of Panacur and is also packaged under that same label in various doses for dogs. 

When I first checked it out, probably 10 years ago,  I found several sources that confirmed it was made by the same company on the same production line. It's just in a different package for retailers like Wal-Mart, Farm Supply stores, PetSmart etc.  We've used SafeGuard successfully with all of our dogs. I first found it in my local farm supply and checked it out extensively back then because it was vastly cheaper than buying Panacur from the vet and I didn't need an appointment to have it prescribed.

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life