Goats Milk

Anyone tried goat's milk for nutritional support? I've read that it is easily digestible, and good for cancer patients. Although the patient is a kitty, I'm putting it here in case anyone else wants to try it for theirs :).

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

Yes, I used goat’s milk for a kitty who wasn’t eating (not cancer though) All my animals love it and none, even the cats and my IBS dog had any problems with it. It has become a standard “desert”. After they finish eating, they get a splash of goat’s milk for desert :)

oh, and it freezes well

There was a recent post about kefir being good for pup’s tummies so I suppose it’s a similar thing. From my point of view the milk smells too much like goat’s cheese, which I love but just can’t stomach the smell when it’s milk 🤷‍♀️

Buddy Molly 🌈 5/11/10-10/10/23

The thing about goat’s milk for cats is it has a lot less lactose than cow’s milk, so much less likely to cause diarrhea or upset tummy. I don’t know if the fermenting that makes kefir would have the same result, or not. I do know some people who give it to their dogs, and the dogs love it. Mine didn’t :lol