Go ahead and pout if it makes you happy

How often have you said something similar to your dog? If you have a princess ( of either gender) I’ll bet it is almost daily :rolleyes:

She is pouting now because I “yelled” at her to move out of my way when I was carrying a heavy bucket of water, and her idea of moving out of my way was two steps directly in front of me, and stopping :lol

Andi's super power seems to be standing exactly where I want/meed to walk.  :rolleyes:   And then pouting after I tell her move!!!!

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Maybe she was offering to help with that task and is pouting because mom didn’t take it that way? :lol

Cketus does exactly that “stand in front of me” move and either stops or slows to a snails pace whilst waiting for whatever comes next. He of course can’t hear my annoyance “jeeezzus Cletus” because, you know, he’s deaf :lol

Give that princess an extra cookie for effort!  

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Mine invariably move into my path as I am trying to get to the phone before it stops ringing.

Miss "England" Carol with whippet lurcher Nutmeg & Zavvi the Chihuahua.

R.I.P. Chancey (Goosetree Chance). 24.1.2009 - 14.4.2022. Bluegrass Banjoman. 25.1.2004 - 25.5.2015 and Ch. Sleepyhollow Aida. 30.9.2000 - 10.1.2014.

Val, 

Pack your soutk sutk lugag bags.  Mah Daddyman will pick yoo up shortly. 

Sincerrrly,

Patoonia....

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Never! Any time Logan even hints at beginning to think about pouting his well-trained servant fulfills his want/need/desire without delay!

What kind of greyhound owners servants are you people?

Rob
Logan (April 7, 2010 - July 9, 2023) - LoganMaxicon15K.jpg - Max (August 4, 2004 - January 11, 2018)

1 hour ago, Time4ANap said:

Val, 

Pack your soutk sutk lugag bags.  Mah Daddyman will pick yoo up shortly. 

Sincerrrly,

Patoonia....

:rofl she has forgiven me (for now) but I am sure this will be held in reserve for next time!

4 minutes ago, rsieg said:

Never! Any time Logan even hints at beginning to think about pouting his well-trained servant fulfills his want/need/desire without delay!

What kind of greyhound owners servants are you people?

:lol Having cats makes one partially immune to pouts

Grace stood pouting at me at my friends house. I thought she wanted to go for a wee, but no, as soon as I stood up from the sofa she jumped up onto my seat. It was my turn to pout at her :angry:

Grace (Ardera Coleen) b. 18 June 2014 - Gotcha Day 10 June 2018 - Going grey gracefully
Guinness (Antigua Rum) b. 3 September 2017 - Gotcha Day 18 March 2022 - A gentleman most of the time

Standards are high here.  The first command all dogs learn  is "MOVE!,"  enunciated at Voice of God level.  They know that means to scatter in any direction, just quickly.  Of course, that doesn't keep them from blocking my way in the first place.

There is also a more politely phrased command, said in a high sing-song voice, "Excuse me.  'Scuse me."  This is for when I judge that they couldn't have reasonably anticipated that I wanted access to where they are standing/lying down.  

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

54 minutes ago, EllenEveBaz said:

Standards are high here.  The first command all dogs learn  is "MOVE!,"  enunciated at Voice of God level.  They know that means to scatter in any direction, just quickly.  Of course, that doesn't keep them from blocking my way in the first place.

There is also a more politely phrased command, said in a high sing-song voice, "Excuse me.  'Scuse me."  This is for when I judge that they couldn't have reasonably anticipated that I wanted access to where they are standing/lying down.  

I need to work on my ‘voice of God’. We are definitely more ‘sing-song ‘scuse me!’ In our house, but when Buds turns and looks at me as if to say ‘yes?’, we apologise profusely and shuffle around him. At which point he normally moves into the space I’m trying to get into and the scenario plays over again 🙄. Spoilt dog? I don’t know what you mean...

Buddy Molly 🌈 5/11/10-10/10/23

Spoilt dog? I don’t know what you mean..

Last year, when I was using a walker to get around because of back problems, I would lift one side of the walker up as I went by to avoid a dog's stretched out feet and risk disturbing his rest.  And of course, being greyhounds, they would open one eye and supervise.  

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter