10 years with Lila!

10 years ago today a very sweet, kind of shy, almost 4 year old greyhound came into my home. We were both a bit worried about what we got ourselves into that first night, but we quickly found our groove and became the best of friends. Except for being a bit stubborn and opinionated, she really has been a perfect girl and she’s still in really good shape for her age. I am so grateful that I’ve had her in my life for this long. :wub:

Here’s Lila is today enjoying our day.  Please excuse the unkempt looking fur, she’s in the middle of the Big Shed and since she’s a very furry girl it’s quite dramatic. :D Her new furs are coming in cinnamon sugar color. :inlove

eWxVgCEl.jpg

bebpq2ol.jpg

Edited by Jerilyn
Lila Football
Jerilyn, missing Lila (Good Looking), new Mistress to Wiki (PJ Wicked).

Look at that beautiful old gal :beatheart :beatheart Lila, congrats to you and your mom on your *10th* Gotcha Day!! She :heart you lots. 

Congrats too on reaching such a magnificent age, it agrees with you :kiss2

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Lila, nothing could detract from your beauty. You were aptly named from the start. :wub:

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

Happy 10th Gotcha Day, Beautiful Lila!    Those Dodgem Kids are very, very special! 

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Lila you and Miss Jerilyn were made for each other!!  Congratulations on ten beautiful years together!!

Love you sweet girl!!!  :wub:

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Lila, I hope you had a wonderful Gotcha Day! :confetti     

You are a beautiful girl! :wub:

gallery_22163_3545_9670.jpg

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

:confetti     :kiss2    :confetti

You look absolutely fabulous  :wub:

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Happy 10th Gotcha Day Lila! You are lovely.

Mom to Ranger (PB's Long Ranger), Esso (Kiowa Stay Over) and Cookie the rattie mix

Missing Kahn (Gil's Khan) 10-29-03 - 11-7-16  Belle (Regall Belooow) 8-9-07 - 3-12-17  Star (Greyt Star) 1-19-07 - 3-13-2020  Pitch (Emerald Pitch) 4-1-08 - 6-3-2020

11 hours ago, Jerilyn said:

Except for being a bit stubborn and opinionated, she really has been a perfect girl and she’s still in really good shape for her age.

Actually that's a pretty good description of a whole lot of us!

I just broke down and turned the air on. I hate to close the windows but extreme heat warnings kinda made it a good decision. 

Lila, whozagudgurl?!!  You keep on keeping on and keep Mistress whipped into shape. Congratulations sweetie. 

Edited by Patsy

gallery_14387_3165_6886.jpg

Patsy and DH with the Humane Society specials, Linus & Jazz, in North Dakota

Congreytulations on your anniversary, ladies!  That 2nd pic, with those bright, beautiful eyes and graceful lines of the head -- even her paw is beautiful!

Her new furs are coming in cinnamon sugar color.

My girl Eve was a bossy an opinionated light red fawn.  When her white hairs began multiplying into the cinnamon sugar look, one of her nicknames became the Frosted Flake.  

Edited by EllenEveBaz

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

Thank you all for the kind words!

5 hours ago, Patsy said:

:lol

5 hours ago, EllenEveBaz said:

Congreytulations on your anniversary, ladies!  That 2nd pic, with those bright, beautiful eyes and graceful lines of the head -- even her paw is beautiful!

My girl Eve was a bossy an opinionated light red fawn.  When her white hairs began multiplying into the cinnamon sugar look, one of her nicknames became the Frosted Flake.  

I do love her cute little feet. Frosted Flake is awesome!

Lila Football
Jerilyn, missing Lila (Good Looking), new Mistress to Wiki (PJ Wicked).

Howpe yu hadda greyt Gotcha Day Lila.

Wagz frum :ghplaybow

Chancey and Nutmeg

and a snuggle behind you ears from  M.”E”.C.

Edited by Banjoman

Miss "England" Carol with whippet lurcher Nutmeg & Zavvi the Chihuahua.

R.I.P. Chancey (Goosetree Chance). 24.1.2009 - 14.4.2022. Bluegrass Banjoman. 25.1.2004 - 25.5.2015 and Ch. Sleepyhollow Aida. 30.9.2000 - 10.1.2014.

9 hours ago, Patsy said:

:nod    :rofl :rofl :rofl 

gallery_22163_3545_9670.jpg

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

Ah, pretty Lila! You hit the jackpot when you adopted your human. That's right, I'm sure you adopted her. Getting the perfect and easy to train human can be a challenge!

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Happy (belated) Gotcha Day Lila!

Cinnamon-coloured sugar is all the rage for redheads--Ivy's sporting the same look. She also has frosting on the back of her front legs and the front of her back legs. It looks like she was straddling a white paint roller. :lol: 

Edited by GreyPoopon

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13), Grey Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23)

Beautiful Lila....such a special girl.

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.