Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It)

RaineysMom

It's been one year since you left me, Zeke :( and not a day goes by that I don't think of you and wonder if I hadn't asked you to come up the stairs that fateful morning that you'd still be here with me.  I love you so much, Baby Bear, my Zekie Bear :love2  Please send us a sign today so we know you're doing ok.  I will see you soon. :brokenheart :cry1 :cry1 :weep 

Zeke – Hey Who Whiz It – 4/6/09 – 7/20/20.  I never in a million years would have thought he would be gone before Larry.  All he did was go up the stairs and his wrist shattered.  With his back end getting so bad, trying to repair it or amputating the whole leg was not a good option so we made the incredibly painful decision to let him go – he was in a terrible amount of pain.  I would not wish this on my worst enemy – he was in SO much pain. :cry1 :cry1  The doctor at the Evet wasn’t 100% sure it was osteo so I was beating myself up, wondering if we made the right decision.  Later that day I emailed the x-rays to his regular vet, Dr. Finan, and thankfully, she said absolutely it was osteo and he wouldn’t have survived the surgery and we made the right decision letting him go….so at least that made me feel a tiny bit better.

Bruce and I are devastated.  Zeke was truly Bruce’s special boy, they both just adored each other, and he was my silly blue bear.  I always said he was a Labrador in a blue greyhound suit – he had so much energy and was such a GOOD boy.  He was the smartest dog I’ve ever seen.  He LOVED kids and all the kids at the park would shout “ZEKE!” when he walked by and they’d all run to come see him and love on him.  He had perpetual ETS and the stinkiest of farts LOL The last thing that happened before he went to go up the stairs was he looked up at me and chattered LOUDER than he ever had before, and I gave him a big kissie right on his sweet nosie.  I’m forever grateful for that. :cry1 

Run free and fast at the bridge, our sweet Zekie Bear.  There will be no more rain or thunder or *$#()*#)&  storm sirens to scare you anymore.  He would always come and lay by his big bro Larry for support when he was scared.  I’m grateful we had 7 ½ wonderful years with you.  Your big brother Larry misses you.  Zeke would always lie in front of Bruce’s part of the couch (in the “L” area), on the plain carpet and yesterday after we got back from letting Zeke go, Larry went and lay down in the same spot, for over TWO HOURS.  Larry has NEVER laid there before and rarely if ever just lies on the carpet.  He was trying to make his DaddyMan feel better, and it was Zeke that told him to do it – of that I am absolutely sure.

large.916792684_Zekepoolsmaller.jpg.020a1cdb16e0195caf7cec74f879defa.jpglarge.1227759933_Zekekidssmaller.jpg.75786d948ef6aff296425d330d970bc7.jpglarge.20200710_204513_resized.jpg.3c69994812904581bca6a13bca22c56a.jpglarge.20190818_152006.jpg.708c7fb9018fd4feeff010043211b060.jpglarge.20190721_103230_001.jpg.b045533a6c339b5d25db24f9911f897f.jpg

I told Rainey and Nube to be there to greet you and show you the best clouds to lay your sweet blue head on.  You will forever be missed, loved and cherished by your DaddyMan and That Food Lady (me, :lol:).  I hope there are a lot of chipmunks and squirrels to stalk in Heaven.  Rest in peace, my sweet blue bear.  Be sure to send us a sign that you made it ok.  We WILL see you again.

Edited by RaineysMom

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

I am so sorry that Zeke had to leave you.  :grouphug

I will add Zeke's name to the list of Bridge Angels in July. He is in good company.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

I’m so sorry for your loss of Zeke. It’s obvious how much you love him.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

I'm so sorry.  Run-pain-free, handsome Zeke. :f_red

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Zeke's are such good dogs. I am so sorry for the sudden loss of your good, sweet boy. So very sorry. :grouphug Special hugs for Larry.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

I'm so incredibly sorry. It was a horrible way to lose a sweet beautiful blue boy, even though you know you made the right decision.

Godspeed Zeke.

Edited by GreyPoopon

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

So very sorry for your loss of Zeke. He was so well loved and will never be forgotten. Rest well Zeke.

Mom to Ranger (PB's Long Ranger), Esso (Kiowa Stay Over) and Cookie the rattie mix

Missing Kahn (Gil's Khan) 10-29-03 - 11-7-16  Belle (Regall Belooow) 8-9-07 - 3-12-17  Star (Greyt Star) 1-19-07 - 3-13-2020  Pitch (Emerald Pitch) 4-1-08 - 6-3-2020

So sorry.  f_yellow

Annette, mom to Banjo (AJN Spider Man) & Casey (kitty), wife to Roy. Mom to bridgekids: Wheat (GH), Icabod (GH), Scarlett (Cab's Peg Bundy), Rhett (Kiowa Day Juice), Dixie (Pazzo Dixie), Pogo/Gleason (Rambunctious), and Miriam (Miriam of Ruckus) and Spooky, Taffy, Garfield, & Lefty (kitties)

So very sorry for the loss of your special boy.

Remember all the good times...

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

can't believe it's been one year since you left us, Zeke. :cry1 :cry1  miss you Every. Single. Day.  Please send me a sign so I know you're doing ok.  Love you,  Blue Bear. :cry1 :brokenheart :weep 

Silly Blue Bear.jpg

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

:beatheart What a wonderful-and powerful- picture!!!!

"For love is as strong as death....  :gh_lay
Many waters cannot quench love, nor can the floods drown it.
If a man would give for love all the wealth of his house, it would be utterly despised."

-Song of Solomon 8:6-7

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."
-Helen Keller

That picture says it all. The laughs he brought you do come back eventually. It takes a while, especially with those big, goofy brindle boys. 

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

:grouphug

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.