Pet Shed

Hi, just a warning to members about Pet Shed, who I have used and recommended for years, including here on the hookworm threads.

They used to be Australia based and shipped to US from the UK.  Now they appear to ship from Singapore or Hong Kong (if they in fact do even ship at all).

The web has been full of complaints about them for months from customers who have paid for meds and not received them and have been been given the runaround about refunds if they can get a hold of anyone there at all.  My experience is over 6 weeks and still processing for shipping according to the tracking email I got back when I ordered.  I tried calling what used to be good customer service and just got a dead end recording.  No person answers the chat box, and the email and support ticket route just connects you to a page with a broken link to no ticket and no information.

Recent customer reviews have said that there are no responses.  Older reviews say that PS was telling people to wait up to 90 days, but people were still not getting product or refunds.  Hopefully the 90 day thing is not just a stall to put people past their credit card dispute window, or to a point where they just fold up and take your money.  Or maybe I am off base and their entire staff quit months ago and they are doing the best they can.

I suspect now that they are not the same company and someone else is controlling their web domain since there is no customer contact anymore. This is clearly not the same company that I have dealt with for years.  Hopefully I am wrong, but in the absence of a response from them, I have filed with my credit card company.

Be warned.

Shipping from providers in the UK and Australia are experiencing similar delays.  Although the companies we've used are responsive, the shipping and postal systems in overseas countries are experiencing delays of 12-16 weeks with packages being delayed in the mail system or parcel services. There is literally nothing the shipper can do about it once the item leaves their hands.  Sounds like you may be dealing with multiple issues, but be aware that international shipping is all hosed up.  We've been waiting for one international package for over 4 months. The package is still trackable, but sitting in a trailer somewhere. 

We ended up ordering our hookworm meds from a US provider this time and it still took 2 weeks for a small First Class package to go from Texas to AZ. 

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

I did get my other heart/hookworm meds from petsuppliesexpress (UK) in a reasonable time and they are also overseas.  I have also received packages recently from Asia including through Singapore and Hong Kong.  Maybe I have just been lucky that the delays on every other package  have been reasonable.  These guys seem to have taken their  entire customer service offline and are unresponsive.  Regardless, for whatever reason, they are no longer dependable in my experience and I have recommended them to others for years.

Are you still having the long term hook issues, or are these with new dogs?  We ended up having to do one more course of prison protocol, but have now been clean for three tests since last year.  The older dog has been fine with just the HG+ (now purchased elsewhere).

Pet Supplies Express quoted me 12 weeks shipping when I tried to order, and then I had some sketchy issues with their credit card processor who it turns out is in Singapore, so I ended up ordering in the US.  I have used them several times in the past with no issues, but this time there were just too many red flags and issues. They were responsive trying to fix the issues, but once fixed the warning on their site said it could be 12 weeks before the product arrived to the US. 

We have adopted two senior broodies over the past 1 1/2 years. They both came from the same farm, abut 4 or 5 months apart, and were hook positive.  We modified Dr. Ng's Modified Prison Protocol because of their age, and stretched it out over 6 months.  The first hound did fine but was absolutely infested with hooks based on what came out of her.  6 months of alternating the Advocate and Drontal Plus every 2-3 weeks worked. 

The second hound has completed a 6 month course but is still antigen positive with no eggs after 6 months, so we are going to give 2 more months of alternating doses and re-test. 

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

I have always had excellent service from PetMegaStore in AU.  And I just ordered last week and had no issues and have already received a message saying my order was shipped.  Now how long it takes to get here will depend on all of the other crap that is happening.   But that is just life now.  :)

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

I too have had excellent service from Petsmegastore for decades.  However, as stated in another thread when I wet to order a few weeks ago I was warned it would be 8-12 weeks for delivery due to U.S. issues.

Once close to 20 years ago my friend Tracy had her Heartgard get hung up in U.S. customs because of the beef baste (?)  They promptly shipped her a different brand at no charge.

Edited by Hubcitypam
gallery_8149_3261_283.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Just for follow-up information, I received my order from PetsMegaStore today.   I placed the order om July 2nd.  I am very pleased with the shipping time, especially considering the crap happening now.  I knew it might take longer, but still placed the order.

As usual, excellent service and a happy customer. 

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

On 7/23/2020 at 10:46 PM, GreyTzu said:

Just for follow-up information, I received my order from PetsMegaStore today.   I placed the order om July 2nd.  I am very pleased with the shipping time, especially considering the crap happening now.  I knew it might take longer, but still placed the order.

As usual, excellent service and a happy customer. 

That's great to know. Thanks.

One last point after speaking with my credit card company today:

Petshed is telling all the people who bought off them to wait 90 days now before doing anything, and that if it goes 90 days they will refund you.  The rep at the CC company confirmed that this was when the dispute window closes, as I suspected and mentioned above in the OP.  He called this a definite "red flag" that PS was telling people to wait a full 90 days.

My Petsupplies Express order did only take 4 weeks (Advocate/Advantage Multi for the other dog within the same time frame.  I did miss the period that they were having a buggy website, so everything went through fine and the shipping only took an extra week and a half (they normally only take 2-2.5 weeks).

I will probably check out the PetsMegaStore for the next round.

On the plus side, we have been hook free for a year now, so I don't have to buy all that other dewormer and yard spray :)

Edited by PaddysDad