A Virtual Rural Greyhound Walk for Shut-ins

If the pandemic has forced you to limit your options for greyhound walks, perhaps this video of mine with provide some relief. It's about 14 minutes long and shows Tulip, fresh from the track in March, going for a walk in April in rural California a few miles from the Mexican border. Nothing dramatic happens. This is my first attempt to attach a YouTube link so I hope it works correctly.

Beautiful hound! Nice video. Just an observation, not a criticism, but you're holding the leash rather lightly at times and if she bolts at something you could have a hound on the loose? Happened to me once when I'd only had Sheba a brief time.  Nice walk though.

Thank you for your concern. When Tulip came to the Greyhound Adoption Center (El Cajon) they feared she had a really strong prey drive, so much so that even though I had a greyhound previously I had to undergo some extra training to adopt her. But it turned out she is merely intensely interested in everything new she's encountering. She never pulls on the leash. She wouldn't a very good hunter because we've seen rabbits at my property shown in the video and she comes to attention and looks at them running off for a second. Then tries to locate the departed rabbit by sniffing at bushes and so on. The same goes for seagulls we encounter on the beach at home. She's so gentle on the leash I've even switched to using the connection on the back of her harness rather the one on her sternum (that would make her turn if she were to bolt). Using the connection on her back means she almost never gets the leash around her neck.