Random Limp

Well, I have good news and I have bad news.  Nova got her bloodwork done.  All of her values are absolutely beautiful for an 11.5 year old.  I was comparing the panel I had done when she was 6, and there's barely any change.  That's great!  The bad news is that her Vet had an emergency surgery come in, so I have to go and pick Nova up.  They weren't able to get her x-rays completed today, and we are looking at sometime next Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday.  I'm not thrilled with that, but it looks like we'll just spend the weekend relaxing.  She has meds that will keep her comfortable until then.  Her physical exam didn't reveal anything, and the bruise is just a bruise, but we would all like some additional images to see what's going on inside.

Laura, mom to Luna (Boc's Duchess) and Nova (Atascocita Venus).
Forever in my heart, Phantom (Tequila Nights) and Zippy (Iruska Monte).

On 7/17/2020 at 11:15 AM, schultzlc said:

Well, I have good news and I have bad news.  Nova got her bloodwork done.  All of her values are absolutely beautiful for an 11.5 year old.  I was comparing the panel I had done when she was 6, and there's barely any change.  That's great!  The bad news is that her Vet had an emergency surgery come in, so I have to go and pick Nova up.  They weren't able to get her x-rays completed today, and we are looking at sometime next Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday.  I'm not thrilled with that, but it looks like we'll just spend the weekend relaxing.  She has meds that will keep her comfortable until then.  Her physical exam didn't reveal anything, and the bruise is just a bruise, but we would all like some additional images to see what's going on inside.

Any news? :goodluck 

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart

3 hours ago, ramonaghan said:

Any news? :goodluck 

Thanks for checking in!  She’s back at the Vet this afternoon.  Keeping my fingers and toes crossed that all goes well with sedation and that they’re able to get the scans that they need.  

I don't have good news to report.  Nova's newest scans showed a very obvious osteosarcoma tumor at her right scapula.  We are currently working on a plan to manage her pain (so far, a Gabapentin and NSAID combination), and I will be loving on her and spoiling her every minute that we have together.  Though I think, in my heart, I knew this would be her diagnosis, I am still shattered by the news.  I have no idea how I started this year with two healthy hounds, and will now be losing them so close together.

I am so so sorry.  I was hoping your experience would be different.  Hugs to you and your beautiful girl.  Sherman got to eat everything that he may have ever possibly wanted.  He left us with the worst gas but he was all the happier for it!  

Wishing you peace and many days of wonderful memories. 

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

Oh no, we were so hoping for good news. You are in our thoughts. :brokenheart

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

We are so sorry to hear this.  Spoil that girl all you can. :beatheart

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

OMG Laura, I am so sorry :grouphug :grouphug

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Crap. Crap. Crap.

I was afraid of that outcome--I've been down that road multiple times--but I so hoped that Nova would be okay.

I'm so sorry.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

I’m so so sorry. 😢 Anytime I read about a limp in a greyhound I’m concerned. I’m currently going through it with my beautiful 10.5 yr old girl too. It’s so devastatingly unfair that these beautiful creatures are so susceptible to osteo. Thankfully, however, most have lived a life filled with love once adopted. 💕 That thought brings me at least some small degree of comfort...

Thank you all for your kind words, they mean so much to me.  I have to be honest, I’m not doing very well with this news.  I’m just crushed.  But I’m putting on a brave face for Nova.  She has always responded so much to my mood, so she deserves at least that.  Right now I’m praying that her cocktail of meds takes the edge off, but the moment things get too hard on her, I’ve made her the promise that I’ll let her go.

I adopted Luna a decade ago, soon after moving a thousand miles away from family and friends.  Nova came to us 6.5 years ago, chosen by Luna, but beloved by us both.  I’ve lived by myself all this time, but I was never actually alone.  If someone had told me at the beginning of this year that we’d be hit by a global pandemic that would keep as all isolated and housebound, and that both of my precious girls would fall sick and need help passing, I’d have never believed it.  But here we are, and I’m devastated.  

I am sorry outside things are making this even harder for you :grouphug   Keeping up your spirits for Nova is so important. Remember, she doesn’t know how sick she is, so as long as the pain is under control, she will be happy if you are. Well, you can’t really be happy, of course, but you know what I mean. 

Thinking of you two. I hope Nova is more comfortable on her cocktail of meds and that you are taking care of yourself too. :grouphug 

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart