Sign in to follow this  
GeorgeofNE

The Whirled Famuss Unruly Boys Chat Club #198 July 4 Edition

Everyone, stay off of ladders!! Another reason I will never buy a house with "vaulted" or "cathedral" ceilings. I have my little stepstool, and that's all I need.

We had lots of rumble and grumble this afternoon, with smidgen of rain. Nuts.

Me & John Reese (Gable Dodge x O Jays) and the 4 kittehs!

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

Miss Lila, these Mommas seem to have way too much innerest in our poops if you ask ne!!!  That's just not normill!!!  :youcrazy

Hey Mister Pippin!!!  :wave

Miss Summer we hope both you and the b-a-d kitteh will be ok!!  :yikes

Miss Nancy we're glad you all gotted home ok!!!

We got kinda hawt today, but not super hawt.  Tamarrow will be more batter, but still not super hawtter!

That's all from here for today my Friendlies!!

Kibble kisses and Buddy Bisket dreams!!

NITEY NITE!!   :rivethead

:nappy   AndiPants 

Chris - Mom to: Lilly, Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

35764734494_93de5b5963_b.jpg

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom

7 hours ago, greysmom said:

Miss Lila, these Mommas seem to have way too much innerest in our poops if you ask ne!!!  That's just not normill!!! 

My mummy finks so hi-ly ob mine she picks it up and puts it inna bag.  :youcrazy

gallery_27202_3534_9390.jpg

Missing my heart dog Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound

Posted (edited)

Hello me freends!

Miss Lila, dat's messed up. Me momma-bear nebah graded me. Well she do say dat I yam da best boy in da whirled! Dat's a bit obs grading isn't it?

Miss Jennie yoo awr a good hooman! Yoor poor sisser's hubby....

Miss Nancy, welcome back!

Liddle Mystic kept meowing lass night. No idea wot she wantid. We ignored her and momma-bear closed her off in a room and dat seemed to quiet her a bit. She gets fed afore bed, lidder box cleaned, she get a gud night pat and her night night mouse and clean wadder. Wot more does a kitty needs? :dunno

She might need a man-cat friend Charlie :lol

Yoor freend,

Charlie - nebah meowing

Edited by locket

23786382928_141eff29e1.jpg
Cynthia, with Charlie (Britishlionheart) & Zorro el Galgo
Captain Jack (Check my Spots), my first love

Miss Nancy ob the Burg, what a scary trip home in that storm.  Mister Doug did a great job in spite ob his discomfort.  I sure hope he finds some relief.  Galgas are clearly as sensitive as other houndies. :lol 

Charlie, Ma tells me that if I eat kitteh food, which I like to do if giben the chance, that I will start to meow like a kitteh.  Say it isn't so!

Spirit

We haven't seen Steve's Salted Caramel ice cream at the grocery since the pandemic and boy do I miss it! Lucy

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, and Miles the slinky kitty (OSH).
Missing Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin) and Winston

12 hours ago, palmettobug said:

Everyone, stay off of ladders!! Another reason I will never buy a house with "vaulted" or "cathedral" ceilings. I have my little stepstool, and that's all I need.

We had lots of rumble and grumble this afternoon, with smidgen of rain. Nuts.

Dat iz gud advice!

Laila...dat habz all da elements ub a good storee....dark an stormee, advenchur, eggsitement, determinashun and den bLOO skize!

Poor Summer!  An poor kitteh, too, but da kitteh cawzed himz ow greef.

Owr Miss Jennie iz such a gud sole.

Da heet broke a leetle heer.  It wuz a much nicer sleeping nite.  An ah had gud dreems weer mah tale wuz wagging reel hard in mah sleep an stuff.

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

Hi, Everybody and Everyhoundie!

Andi, the hoomids are crazy here.  This morning it was 79 degrees air temp, 83% relative humidity, and 71 degrees dew point.  It hadn't rained but there was water on everything . . even the wood on the deck was wet.  The skeeters are lovin' it!  They drove me back inside just after dawn this morning.  

20 hours ago, MerlinsMum said:

Is yoo taking a class, Ms Noo Carol? Or is it book club nite? :gmark ca1a20_42c8b1e97a77479ca099c3bf41487960~

Hi, Pippin.  I'm in a literary club at the library that right now is discussing folktales from different areas and what they might really mean.  Last time we did stories from the Middle East and yesterday we talked about "Bluebeard" and related stories and how they could be seen from a feminist point of view.  It's very small, 3 women and 2 men, and is quite fun.  I don't have to read anything this morning, because the library cancelled our philosophy group.  We meet outside on the lawn (masked and socially distanced, of course) and everyone wanted to postpone instead of doing Zoom.  The director thinks that's because we don't want to miss out on the pizza!  :nod

20 hours ago, Jerilyn said:

Lila, knot liking being judged

I hear ya, sweetness.  Old age is KNOT for sissies!!

Oh! Charlie, "kerfuffle" is one of my favoritest Scottish words!

Miss Jen, I'm so glad that Summer is OK.  Those kittehs go for they eyes and that is so scary! 

Oh my!!!  Miss Jennie, if you could just clone yourself two or three times, then at least one of you could relax!  I hope your sister and your mom are doing okay.

Miss Nancy of da Berg, it sounds like you had an adventurous time!  Sometimes things that are not so much fun at the time turn out to be the best memories.  :unsure

:waveDustin!  Just keep saying, "It's 'cause she lubs me, it's 'cause she lubs me" when Miss Dr. Fruutcake seems to be watching you too closely.  :kiss2

Going to practice some Yoga this morning.  My favorite asana is Corpse Pose. :rotfl:rotfl

Miss Noo Carol

Good Woesday! It's a little less humid this morning, but will get worse, you just know it.

Dustbin, I find that is troo of kittehs here. They just can't seem to leave G alone.

Auntie Jennie, my sister in law also FELL OFF A LADDER and broke her arm!  I swear she has brittle bones.  She broke her hand two years ago.  Did I tell y'all that they are going to start looking for a new place to live, having tried Wilmington, NC for a couple of years now and still not liking it?  They've decided to look at LAKE towns now, since they've already ruled out all the ocean side places in the south.  Oy!

Have I mentioned Battle is 12 weeks old?  I think the occasional accident is to be expected.  The poo the other day was actually his very first indoor poo.  

We are working hard on our dog show training.  We have about a month to get ready, and I'd like to dazzle his breeder.  I have a paw-by-paw plan for a week-by-week lesson schedule culminating in the show in Ohio.  He will be prancing around with, at minimum, two of his litter mates.  There may be other 4-6 month deerhounds entered--not sure--but it sure will be a cute class with all those clobber paws smashing their way around the ring!

Our routine includes: weekly baths, weekly Dremeling, twice daily stacking lessons, and of course socialization.  Waiting to hear from my cousin if I can bring him over to hear tiny home community this afternoon to meet someone people.

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

Just now, GeorgeofNE said:

They've decided to look at LAKE towns now, since they've already ruled out all the ocean side places in the south.

We're looking for Lake Towns, too.  Cool enough for some autumn, on water.  Richard wants super low taxes.

<_<  Haystack - Needle

Gotta run.  I just finished an online meeting.  Time to take Merc on a ride to the transfer station before my next meeting.

Hi to all ma friends. Sorry I hab knot been around berry much lately. Lots of crappy worrying stuff at ma house. Good news is Mama is back to being MY Mama and knot shutting herself in da bedroom all alone and den shutting da door in ma face! Dat was an awful four days for me. Probably sucked for her too! But she failed her test and apparently dat is good news for dis kind of test. Granny had to wait until Sunday to hab her hip fixing surgery. Da operating guy said dat her hip was broken in four places and looked like she had fallen down a flight of stairs, when really she fell from standing up putting on her slipper. It took a rod, plate, pins and wire to fix it. Doctor says dat da medicine she hab been taking for years and years to help make her bones stronger, sometimes causes dem to gets weaker and BREAK! She's knot gunna take dat drug anymores. She is one berry unhappy camper right now, and doesn't fully grasped just how long she is gunna be in da horsepiddle. She will do rehab in da same horsepiddle where she is right now. Da good news is dat her daughter and granddaughter are both nurses der, so she gets to see family more den udder peoples. De rules is a list of only two people, and den only one of dose two peoples can visit for one hour every other day. Dis virus stuff is making life awful for people who is sick or in a old people place. 

Dat is all I gots about me. Lub to all ma friends.

Molly McPoodle. 

gallery_9381_2904_4242.jpg

Molly Weasley Carpenter-Caro - Standard Poodle 3 Year Old Big Girl!!

Gizzy, Specky, Riley Roo & Lady - Our beloved Greyhounds waiting at the Rainbow Bridge.

Misser Spirit, I do knot know ifn yoo eet Kitty fud ifn yoo will Meow. Dat iz a possibility.

Miss Nancy, habs yoo checked yoor front porch lately? Yoo do knot want to leabes dat outside in da rain! :ph34r

Yoor freend,

Charlie

23786382928_141eff29e1.jpg
Cynthia, with Charlie (Britishlionheart) & Zorro el Galgo
Captain Jack (Check my Spots), my first love

Tennessee has no state income tax, but property taxes can be a bear.

Lake Anna in Virginia is nice, part of it stays warm due to the discharged water from the nuclear power plant. BUT VA taxes are kind of high.

Of course, we would love to have you close here in SC on Lake Santee.

1 hour ago, cello said:

Da operating guy said dat her hip was broken in four places and looked like she had fallen down a flight of stairs, when really she fell from standing up putting on her slipper.

I always noo standing up wuz dangerous.  Dat's why I :nappy as much as possible. :nod

Hum,  I thought Unkle Rob and Auntie Sarah already looked at lakes and gave 'em a pass.  Perhaps their looking criteria will be different this time.  I hope they find a place they'll like.

You too Miss Elizabeth!  Thank goodness Merc already knows how to use a floaty!

Spirit

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, and Miles the slinky kitty (OSH).
Missing Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin) and Winston

Hello my Friendlies!

Sposed to be back in the 90lebens today, and super DUPER HAWT in Eestern Oregon!!  I am really glad we don't live there!!  Plus also, wildfire seezin has finally started and we are getting some smokings from way far away.

Oh Antie Jennie!!!  I totally forgotted to say we hope you and everyone you're taking care of gets to feeling more better really soon!!!!  :kiss2 

Miss Soozin that sounds like you have a great plan for helping Little Mister Battle get ready for his showing!!!  Uncle Rob and Anty Sara :rolleyes:  

We do not have kitteh foods in our house anymore.  Though Momma says it's good when you gotta sick houndie that won't eat, or for giving pills.  Momma say I am not kitteh tolerant.  Which is true.  I do NOT like them at all and I barkbarkbark at them when I see them, and chase them in the yard!!!!!

Mister Dustin my sister Flizzie has started dreaming a lot in her sleepings.  Her tail goes whap whap whap and she barks and she will even rooOOOoooOOOooooo in her sleep!!!  :lol 

Have fun at the dump Mister Merc!

Nothing much going on here today.  Daddy is going to the PO today so we should see our new collars!!!  :yay  

Wishings for a wonderful Windsday for all my Friendlies!

BYE-EEE!!!   :rivethead

:P   AndiPants

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom

Rob and Sarah DID look at some lakes, including Lake Anna.  It seems that many large lakes are in fact man made and of course in very close proximity to power plants.  That's why they eliminated Lake Anna.  The nuclear power plant.  As I told them, if you're within 150 miles of a plant and they have a melt down, you're toast anyway, so there is no reason not to live NEAR one.  And MOST of the nuclear plants in our country seem to be dotted up and down the eastern seaboard!  Meaning we're all dead if there is a major accident or a terrorist attack anyway, so why not enjoy the lake?   

Rob is in the same position as me tax wise--no income.  So what we really need to be careful about is capital gains on investments since we have to pay tax as our assets are doled out to us based on the capital gain in the account.  In Massachusetts, that tax is almost 13%.  In SC it's around 4%.  Score!!!  

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

Carol Ann, you are right about bone strengthening also weakening them!  Patients always used to ask me which one they should take. Easy to evade that question since we weren't allowed to give medical advice. There was no way I would ever take any of them though!  Dentists also see deteriorating jaws from that stuff.  The ladies I did bone density tests on who had the worst readings were skinny, vegetarians, and smokers.

Poor Ms Jennie! You are going to be so busy. Please pop in once in a while, okay?

Georgie went to our favorite vet for just a nail trim again today. We'd be going in intervals of 2 weeks, 2 weeks, 3 weeks, and the next will be in 4 weeks. They are under control but still need to be shorter. This time vet attempted using a dremel. My sweet girl turned into a Tasmanian Devil on him, so back to just clippers. It is so nice to see her able to run around the yard without hurting herself cuz of the long nails.

Since I couldn't enter the clinic I always write info down for my vet. Charlie has been having some breathing problems for over a month. Kinda sound like kennel cough but isn't. Kinda is like laryngeal paralysis but isn't (at least it doesn't sound like how one of my old boys did when he had it). Only happens when he wakes in the morning and is excited about breakfast, comes running in from outside, and sometimes when he gets way too excited about something. Afterward he's fine.
Vet is having him try some Doxepine for the lar/par and if that doesn't help he'll have me bring Charlie in for lung xrays and a possible scope.

No word yet on how Izzy the galgo did with her dental and her home visit. Petra finally was able to go back to work recently so I'm sure she's busy. If it happen, it happens.

Hey Vanessa! Looky at that baby hurricane heading up our way. Sunday for you and maybe Monday here.

Charlie the iggy, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella), Lulu the podenco andaluz
Angels: Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

54 minutes ago, macoduck said:

The ladies I did bone density tests on who had the worst readings were skinny, vegetarians, and smokers.

Finally!  I'm doing something right!!!!!   I'm a fluffy, nonsmoking carnivore!

100087717_3069872426389034_8398592312904515584_n.png?_nc_cat=111&_nc_sid=ac3552&_nc_ohc=9-t8C4sIP6kAX-SWNv-&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1.xx&oh=4a0c876fd73b9705285139fd1d568fa7&oe=5F48E19A

I will get my milk and bread ready :D.

We'll never get the nuclear plant promised to us, so no worries here. Virginia has two, North Anna and Surry. Yep, most Southern lakes are artificial, part of the TVA or other hydroelectric projects. Smaller ones were built by the CCC in the thirties.

Thin white or Asian ladies are high risk for osteoporosis. Weight bearing exercise can help.

Well...  I have Osteoporosis even though I am a very physically active non-smoking, meat-eating older white gal who gets plenty of weight bearing exercise every day.    After having nasty side effects from Actonel in the winter,  I had an injection of Prolia today ....and I am very aware of the risks.   

East-coasters...stay safe!

Nothing on my front porch, Charlie   :ph34r

NSK-Winter.jpg.a6ea578c2e544932c5222b81cda3216d.jpg

Nancy...Mom to Nigel (Nigel) , Sid (Peteles Tiger) and Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos)Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie) and especially Ruby (Watch Me Dash) waiting at the Bridge.

Just stopping in.  Things here are pretty rough and multiple issues.  Will not bore you with the trials and tribulations.

I do want  to ask for thoughts and prayers for my precious Abby.  I have her on comfort only.  Waiting for her to tell me it is time.

She is a fighter!

gallery_14635_3193_11799.jpg

Missing our pups at the Bridge--Amandas Kelsey 03-15-1996 to 05-02-2008; Melissa May 07-17-1998 to 11-23-2009; Emily's Maggie 10-05-1995 to 05-20-2010; Flying Kendra 01-13-2003 to 02-28-2011; Izzy (Smile Please) 06-27-2002 to 03-28-2012: Senator (EF Rob Statesman) 04-30-2000 to 12-30-2013: Secret (Seperate Secrets) 04-10-2003 to 08-03-2014: Tugboat (Thugboat) 06-07-2007 to 07-27-2015; Betsy (Bee Better Now) 12-04-2004 to 07-02-2017: Dottie ( Rooftop Spottie) 08-08-2004 to 05-11-2018

Our new collars are here!!!!  These are not very good pichers.  They are really super gorgeous in houndie!!!

Flizzie

50167808242_bf0c308e83.jpg20200729_131229 by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Lilly - hers really looks like it's glowing in the right light!

50167550441_b386dd1bf4.jpg20200729_131101 by Chris Harper, on Flickr

ME!!  I lost my ears!!!

50167015843_8abf94736f.jpg20200729_131011 by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Oh no!!  Miss Sherrie  :kiss2

Later gaters!!

:rivethead   AndiPants 

Posted (edited)

Miss Sherrie we are sorry to hear about Abby .  So besides prays for all of you woes we will say them for her.

Miss Jennie speaking of folks with a full plate how did your day go ? We hope the best .

Battle good luck in your training.  Say hi to our friend Hamish. Mom says hi to the kitties too.

AndiPants those collars are beautious , we especially like the blue one.

Daphne & Bitzi writing from their chilly box hideaway

Edited by sabrina

gallery_19924_3574_6591.jpg

Caroline, Mom to Daphne (49B-50215) and Penny (41D-55779)
Remembering Bridge Angels Margo and Sabrina

Miss Sherrie, I'm so sorry about Abby.  Prayers for you both; may her journey be easy and may you be comforted. 

Beautiful collars, Andi!

I'd love to chat more but my eyes will not stay open.  Good night, everyone. 

Miss Noo Carol