Sign in to follow this  
GeorgeofNE

The Whirled Famuss Unruly Boys Chat Club #198 July 4 Edition

I forgot to say that Lucy's floors look fantastic.  

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

Good crack of dawn to all. 95% humidity and high today going to be 93. 😢

gallery_14387_3165_6886.jpg

Patsy and DH with the Humane Society specials, Linus & Jazz, in North Dakota

Good Satonday! Hot and hoomid already. My Chewy order was supposedly delivered, no sign of it. Complaint lodged. UGH

Susan, I'm glad you got some experience in the ring. I can't imagine trying to handle a huge bundle of horny muscle and bone like Junior, especially on a show lead.

Me & John Reese (Gable Dodge x O Jays) and the 4 kittehs!

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

It’s SatonDay and here I am!  Just just quick jog by.  It’s crazy hot and humid here, too.  Guest is better today. But, no, while she is a real pain in my tushy at times, the shot was NOT there!  It was in her arm. I got my normal 2.5 mile walk and now am just chilling until brekkie. Guest is upstairs with those psycho fur balls. They are getting big and will GO HOME FriedDay!  

Guest will be spending the day filling mole holes in our yard. She had better do it right. 

glad you are having a good time at Grapehounds. 

Have. Good day everwon!

TTFN

Miss Fancypants :star 

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

Nigel, I unnerstand about the weak and wonky rear end.  I got one too.
I also got my good beds back mid-morning yesterday!  :yay  Ma's good for something after all.

Miss Susan has a house fulla houndies!

The Grape Hounds Hounds are habing fun.

Poor Bibi is trying to eat.  :kiss2 

Miss PAtsy, you got Southern-style humidity.  I'm sorry--it's miserable here too.

Well, Ma and Auntie Ann move on to more box unpacking--bedrooms done yesterday, plus putting felt pads on furniture feets in bedrooms and Libing Room.  I got runners put down, butt to be honest, I'm doing really well on those floors and I'm pretty proud ob myownself. :D 

Spirit

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, and Miles the slinky kitty (OSH).
Missing Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin) and Winston

Hi ebereebuddee!  Greetings frum Grapehounds :wave

I habs bin drugged froo whineries ware I git lotsa pets. And de homes ob cuzzins ware I git pets. And car rides.  Yeah... it’s bin torture. 😉

Lass nite we had dinner wiff Miss Nancy and Misser Doug and Dey had summing I nebber saw before. It was called a hex-pen.  I could go in dare and not hafts had a leech on and I could see Mummy and Daddy de hole time.  It was greyt.  Mummy bissited wiff de galgas.  She send she got tu lib on each and ebereee wun ob dem. :sowhat  :whisper Dats nise, butt I’d ravver she wus lubbing on me.

Looks like Hamlisch and Skirmish are jabbing a bizzy time.  Dats a lotta critters in one places. 

Aunty Patsy, I hope yu don’t melt in de heat.

gallery_27202_3534_9390.jpg

Missing my heart dog Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound

Wow, Miss Patsy, you've got Florida weather!  

Miss Susan, what an experience!  Good job of getting through it.  Makes me nostalgic and also kind of jealous to think of a houseful of people and big dogs.  I still miss my best friend and each one of my pack of four every day.  

Yay for Spirit, negotiating the slickery floors!!

This is the week for fan form at Tai Chi.  I opted out of it, so I won't be going.   Too humid to be twirling around outside anyway.  :lol

Going to have more coffee and some breakfast, then see what kind of trouble I can get into today.  

Miss Noo Carol

Hola! We are abowt to start annudder day.  I fink it will be like odders ob yers---hot an hoomid.

Miss Susan, YOU shooda got a meddal fer handlin Junior!  Good eggsperiense tho.

Spirit, good to see you are gettin used to the noo normil.  You are brabe.

Hope Bibbi is doin okay.

I fergot to say Miss Elizabeth an Misser Richard did love on us a lot last nite inna kewl AC ob the trayler.  An the liddle fingie on my neck came off, so I look perfeck.  Fer now.

An heer you will see---Merc!

Image may contain: dog, outdoor and nature

Si, he is hansum.

Laila Mariposa

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina, Kiva and Laila
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Oh, an fer eberybuddy who duznt hab or see Fasebook, heer you will see me an my sissers waitin fer Dad to gib us sum cheeze an crackers.  We did get a bunch. :yay

Image may contain: dog and outdoor

Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon

Posted (edited)

Merc!    Your :digicam made me swoooon!   :wub:  :beatheart 

I am glad eberyone is having fun at Grapehounds!   I wish we culd go- maybe negst year!

We went to playgroop today!  :yay    There were sebenlebendy greyhoundies, one galgo and one Rhodesian Ridgeback.   She wuz nerbous cuz she had neber been around greyhoundies before!   Then there wuz a noo houndie named Truly who came and he has only been wif his foreberhome for two weeks!  He fit right in and he LUBBED being wif other greyhoundies!   It wuz a fun morning.    

Now we had our Saturday Morning Frostypaws and Momma and Daddy went :shop.     So it is time for :nappy 

Ivy, happy houndie   

Edited by Potomacpupsmom

gallery_22163_3545_11448.jpg

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

Hello my Friendlies!

It's sposed to be sunnings but those cloudings are still hanging around.  Maybe they'll go away soon.

Miss Patsy we are gonna get your weather in our part of the country starting tamarrow!!!  I actually think it's coming all the way from Oh!CanadaLand!!!  It's Miss Galina's fault!!!  :shakefinger

:yay  Merc and the Galgo ladies are having a fun time at GrapeHoundies!!!!  :yay  Nice picher Merc!

And Miss Ivy and Miss Cherry had another great playgroop!!!  :thumbs-up 

Miss Noo Carol Momma says there's no need EVER to be twirling around in the HAWTS!!!  :lol  

Mister Spirit we are so glad that you are dealing with the new floorings good!!  :pepper 

Nothing much essiting happening around here today.  Oh WAIT!  I gotta show you this picher!!!  This is our new leather collars from Hamilton Hounds!  Momma was getting me a slip lead and Daddy saw the leathers and stuff and said we all needed regular collars too!  The blue one is Lilly's, the peenk one is mine and the purkle is Flizzies!

No photo description available.

Plus also we gotted good leather leeshes to go along with em!!  

That's it now for reals!  Wishings for a super Satidday for all my Friendlies!

BYE-EEE!!!   :rivethead

:P   AndiPants

Chris - Mom to: Lilly, Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

35764734494_93de5b5963_b.jpg

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom

AndiPants!   Those collars are really pretty!   Now we need :digicam ob the three ob you modeling them!   :D 

Ivy, collar diva 

gallery_22163_3545_11448.jpg

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

Well, this has been an interesting week. You all know that Dan and I have been incredibly careful about preventing Covid exposure - especially for him. Dan has literally stayed home since March 15th. Only trips out were to the dentist and for a blood test. So .... I dropped off a huge train table to a co-workers house a week ago yesterday. I was in her house for less than 5 minutes, and we both wore masks and did not get close to one another. That was Friday night. Tuesday morning she texts me to say that her husband - a paramedic firefighter has Covid. :yikes  Now due to his unusual schedule she had not seen him since the previous Tuesday, and he was quarantined Thursday morning and got sick on Saturday. His entire crew came down with it. So out of an abundance of caution, I had a Covid test on Wednesday, and I have been isolating myself in our master bedroom for the last four and a half days. Just got my tests results and I AM NEGATIVE! :bananaHuge relief. So that is good, but the bad part is now Dan's Mom (Molly's Granny) has fallen and broken her hip. So one worry ended but another just beginning. If anyone would like to add Margaret to their prayers it would be sincerely appreciated. 

Carol Ann.

P.S. Molly was SO unhappy to have to stay away from me this past week! Even the vet said that we had to do that until my test came back. 

P.P.S. Giant Q-tips up your nose to tickle your brain are knot fun!

gallery_9381_2904_4242.jpg

Molly Weasley Carpenter-Caro - Standard Poodle 3 Year Old Big Girl!!

Gizzy, Specky, Riley Roo & Lady - Our beloved Greyhounds waiting at the Rainbow Bridge.

Great collars! We agree wiff Miss Ivy, we need sum modeling!

Miss Molly McLonely, dat's sad yoo hadda stay away frum yoor mom, butt at least she iz negatibe!!!!!

Misser Hamish, dat's a whole lot obs houndies! Yoo awr as heavy as two Zorro del galgo!!!

Noffing noo to report heer. Too hot fur a walkie, too hot to go outside, too hot to move frum me bed. Da maximum distance I yam willing to go frum da AC iz about 10 feet!

Yoor freend,

Charlie

23786382928_141eff29e1.jpg
Cynthia, with Charlie (Britishlionheart) & Zorro el Galgo
Captain Jack (Check my Spots), my first love

Oh CarolAnn.... how scary!   Our son went through the same thing a month ago connected to that nail salon outbreak.

:getwell     Margaret.    Is she in Hamilton?

We are melting here too, Charlie     :wacko:

NSK-Winter.jpg.a6ea578c2e544932c5222b81cda3216d.jpg

Nancy...Mom to Nigel (Nigel) , Sid (Peteles Tiger) and Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos)Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie) and especially Ruby (Watch Me Dash) waiting at the Bridge.

Hola!  We are tayard. Eben tho we onny went to one whinery today.  Oh, an a beer plase. NY is so respeckful ob masks, an distensin.   We are allays owtside.

OMD, Andi, those kollars ar beeyond gorjus!  Wow!

Sownds like a grate playgroop, Ivy!

We are glad you are negatib, Miss Carol Ann, but so sorry abowt Granny's hip.

Laila Mariposa

Posted (edited)

:hope:hope:hope for Molly's granny.  Miss Carol Ann. I did the Q-Tips-up-the-snout thing back in March.  I think the nurse lit them on fire first!  Glad you are OK and can snuggle Molly McLonely again.  :kiss2

Oh, Miss Nancy of da Berg . . . . did they have Guinness???  Asking for a friend.  

Edited by ScootersMom

Miss Noo Carol

AndiPants those collars are spiffy.  Yes lets see some modeling of them, please.

CarolAnn I am glad your test results are negative. That 19 is a trickster & snuggles up to people too quickly. Your poor mother-in-law. She does have family in Canada ,right ?  My mother broke her hip at age 85 & it mending completely.  The doctor was surprised & pleased that she had done so well. I hope your mother-in-law has the same results.  Maybe we could send her cards?  

Miss Nancy, Miss Elizabeth, Mr Doug & Mr Richard , Merc & all the galgos enjoy NY & please post more pictures.

Hamish , host with the most you sure are having a busy weekend. Take care

Daphne & Bitzi keeping the chilly boxes company.

gallery_19924_3574_6591.jpg

Caroline, Mom to Daphne (49B-50215) and Penny (41D-55779)
Remembering Bridge Angels Margo and Sabrina

For anyone suffering from a hip break--do your physical therapy! Makes a huge difference. May be hard and awkward, but the results are worth it.

Started Fuzzy on her squirms medicine. Couldn't get the big syringe to mate with the bottle, so had to do two and a half smaller squirts. Good thing she is so sweet, I think I am forgiven (until tomorrow).:blink:

Miss Carol Ann we are so happy that you are a negative for that nasty  virus!!!!  :yay  And :candle for your MIL!!

Mister Charlie Flizzie totally agrees with you.  I don't mind the hats until they get to the HAWTHAWTHAWT  level.  Which we will tamarrow.  They say.  I gess we'll see!  

We do NOT have our new collars yet!!  They are still in the mails!  I will make sure Momma takes pichers when they get here.

Later gaters!!

:rivethead   AndiPants 

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom

Uh-Oh!!!!  I broked the Club today!!!!

That's all from here for today my Friendlies!!

Kibble kisses and Buddy Bisket dreams!!

NITEY NITE!!   :rivethead

:nappy   AndiPants 

I’m liking dis traylor  park.  Wen we do walkies I git to play Pee on Your Pee. All. De. Time. 🙂

Mummy sez we’re goin home tuday. A long air condishimuned car ride. Dats hokay. :nod

Miss Carol Ann, dats skeery. I hope ebreefing is hokay.

gallery_27202_3534_9390.jpg

Missing my heart dog Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound

Well the big dog show is over for my friends--Laze and Robin are going to VA for a visit with their granddaughter and Lynne and her pack are going home.  Lynne's "Stirling" won best of breed all three days, and her girl "Roslyn" won best of breed/owner handled all three days.  It was pretty exciting.  The show was very professionally run, absolutely EVERYONE was wearing a mask (well, not everyone because the crazy parents who dragged their small children around with them did not put masks on most of them).  They had marked exit and entrance ways, and people standing by to make sure you used the right door.  People holding the doors for the exhibitors, and cleaning the door handles constantly.  The bathrooms were immaculate, and there were no spectators allowed (although those who were participating did sit down to watch when they were not showing).  It would be fascinating if they had a way to check in with everyone who was there in two weeks to see if anyone got the virus.

Next stop: Ohio at the end of August where Battle and two of his sisters will be in the 4-6 month puppy class!  We'll be going in Laze's RV.  Hamish will stay home with either our friend LInda, who is moving her from Rhode Island in August with Hamish's tiny little sister Tolkien (4 of Hamish's litter were normal deerhound sized, and 4 were very small, and they have not caught up to normal deerhound size).

I'm sorry for your scare Carol Ann.  If it's any consolation at all, Robin spent hours in her mother's room at a nursing home (her mother came down with Covid at 95 years old) holding her hand, kissing her cheek, etc., and then was given a test two weeks later and it was negative.  Her mother did die, but...she had been frail and failing when she was infected by a staff member.

While the positive test numbers are indeed alarming, have y'all noticed that the death rate has gone WAY down?   They don't seem to want to talk about that much on the news.  

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

Good Sunnyday! Hot, hoomid, same old, same old!

Susan, sounds like everyone had a great time! Please have the RV checked over before y'all leave, I think the one that caught fire on 95 recently was headed to your show.

Chewy still won't respond about my lost order. Guess I'll have to call and talk to someone.

Lookit Merc, schmoozing and inviting tummy rubs from a hexpen!  Libing the life, my friend.
Oh and Lalila and her sisters getting ready to SCORE!

Ivy, you had a well-attended and fun Playgroup!  Frosty Paws, too? :chow

AndiPants, those a gorgeous new collars you got there.

Oh Miss Carol Ann, what a fright you and Mister Dan had wof Covid.  I'm so glad you do knot hab that and they you and Molly don't hab to stay apart any more.  :kiss2  Poor Mister Dan's Mom.  I know it must be difficult knot to be able to see her and care for her.
It was for allergy testing, butt Ma had one ob those Q-tip-up-the-nose-and-beyond tests and she still remembers the discomfort ob it.  :eek 

Charlie, I so hear you about the AC.  10 feet and 2 minutes is about my limit too.

Fuzzy, Nate gets his skwirt ob skwerm medication ebery other Friday.  Ma pries open his gob and puts it way down his froat.  :D  Better him than me.

What an exciting dog show experience, Miss Susan.  Battle's first show will soon be upon you!

Well, I did hab 2 falls on the floor yesterday.  Ma's got 5 runners down in my high-traffic area--beds to outdoors to food and water.  I'm knot sure what caused me to fall but I may end up wif booties on my tootsies now.  Phooey!

Spirit

Sadly, the US death rates for Covid are right around 1000 people per day.  That's an awful lot of daily loss. South Carolina's most recent daily death rate was 51 one people lost on 7/24.  These totals aren't looking like any cause for celebration or relaxation yet.

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, and Miles the slinky kitty (OSH).
Missing Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin) and Winston