Sign in to follow this  
GeorgeofNE

The Whirled Famuss Unruly Boys Chat Club #198 July 4 Edition

:hope for Bibbi.

Andi, I don't remember summers being this humid in past years.  Seems to get worse with time.  :dunno  I don't like the hoomids either1

Miss Noo Carol

:hope Bibbi 

Well for as long as I have lived , summer has been humid. July being the worst month. Usually in the the 90's & sometimes in the 100's. I dont like 2 months January & July . January is cold, very cold, artic & often snowy or icy or both plus there is very little daylight. July has lots of daylight  but is too hot.  January wins my most disliked month, July comes in 2nd place because at least you dont have to shovel heat. 

Daphne , Bitzi & their mom hiding with the chilly boxes

gallery_19924_3574_6591.jpg

Caroline, Mom to Daphne (49B-50215) and Penny (41D-55779)
Remembering Bridge Angels Margo and Sabrina

I hope your cat recovers Vanessa. 

I was fired by my vet today for having the audacity to suggest the only reason for demanding annual rabies shots instead of offering 3 year intervals was to make more money.  I had also refused the FelV vaccine (which they toss in as "kitten shots #4") for my FelV negative indoor-only cats, and for objecting to them REQUIRING two different blood panels on a 5 month kitten before they'll neuter him.  Sigh.  I had a good vet here already, but they're 30 minutes away and this place was only 10.  But...seriously?  Forcing clients to over vaccinate and refusing to allow me to waive the bloodwork "Because it's confusing to the staff if we change our routine procedures."  

Battle caught a bird today!  But lucky bird--he got away.  It was a young house finch, if you're wondering!

I thought the dog shows in Greenville were next week, but no, my houseguest arrives tomorrow with her two show dog adults and two of Battle's siblings--the one she kept as pick of litter, and the one that is going to be living with a vet in Greenville.  

Sooooo, two people, three cats, three 11 week old puppies, and three 14 month old deerhounds!  For five days.  yippee!  

Actually it should be fun and very educational.  She is going to show me how to groom a deerhound for show, and also let me show one of her dogs in the Best of Breed class so I can practice.  The only other two deerhounds going to the show at this point are Laze's two!  Lynne (my guest) and Laze have been good friends for a few years.  Someone is going to have to show Laze's second dog.  

Lucy, I can't wait to see your new floors!  I'm sorry you had to do all that work, but it will be worth it.

It's a major sauna down here this week.  Today was just brutal, followed my a tremendous thunder storm!

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

Oooooo!!!  Miss Soozin's gonna have a housefull!!  How's your fire ant bitings doing?  Good luck for the showing too!!  :goodluck

Miss Caroline we are usually not hounding around here cause eether the air's coming off the oshen or down outta the dry desert.  Lately tho it's just been billowing up from the tropicals throo Californeeya and hanging around way too long!!!

:hope Bibbi

Well, it's not 90 degrees but it's *almost* there at 88!!!  We just been napping mostly, inside and out!

Later gaters!! 

:rivethead   AndiPants 

Chris - Mom to: Lilly, Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

35764734494_93de5b5963_b.jpg

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom

1 hour ago, GeorgeofNE said:

I hope your cat recovers Vanessa. 

I was fired by my vet today for having the audacity to suggest the only reason for demanding annual rabies shots instead of offering 3 year intervals was to make more money.  I had also refused the FelV vaccine (which they toss in as "kitten shots #4") for my FelV negative indoor-only cats, and for objecting to them REQUIRING two different blood panels on a 5 month kitten before they'll neuter him.  Sigh.  I had a good vet here already, but they're 30 minutes away and this place was only 10.  But...seriously?  Forcing clients to over vaccinate and refusing to allow me to waive the bloodwork "Because it's confusing to the staff if we change our routine procedures."  

Hola!

Miss Susan, my Mom sez that is reedickoolus!  It is 3 yeers affer the furst rabies.  And we nebber did a Fee Luke fer inside cats.  An bludwerk shood onny be reqwired affer a sertin age, knot at 5 monfs.  Confoosin the staff, ja, ja, ja.  Is to make munny.

We had a grate day!  We went to register at a faborit whinery an there were lotsa peepel there we knew.  We had a big owtside tent all to owrownselfs, an the view ob the lake an the wether was wunnerful. We liked sum noo frends we met there so much, they went to the neckst whinery wiff us.  An odder nise peepel are stayin at the same campgrownd.  It wuz lovely an relacksin.  Then we ate at a good place---eberyfing is owtside an far away frum odder peeple.  NY is BERY strickt abowt masks, an we are happy abowt that.

Oh, Miss Vanessa,  it duz sownd like Bibbi shood be at the vets.  Si, sum flooids wood shurely help.

Ja, ja, Miss Elizabeth, Dad wood love to tawk cars wiff Misser Richard!  The car did fine today, so hope it continoos.

We are bery tayard.

Laila Mariposa

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina, Kiva and Laila
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Susan, sounds like good chaotic fun! I agree with you on the shots and stuff, my cats' vet is feline-only, he does only the rabies after a certain age and FELV if you request it. It's worth it to drive for a good vet, the pups go to a grey-savvy vet on the north side of Mt. P.

Do you have a local organization that does low cost spay-neuter and shots and stuff? They are usually more reasonable.

Me & John Reese (Gable Dodge x O Jays) and the 4 kittehs!

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

Bibbi! We hope yoo go bettah!

Miss Soozin, we know noffing aboot kittens and we hope dat owr vet will be better dan yoors!

Noffing noo to report. Liddle Mystic sleeps on momma-bear's bed ebbery night. I only git to sleep on momma-bear's bed ifn dares thunderboom or ifn momma-bear iz stressed owt. I did knot heer thunderboom, butt I hope momma-bear iz A-OK becoze Mystic habs been dare fur two nights ...

Charlie - pondering

23786382928_141eff29e1.jpg
Cynthia, with Charlie (Britishlionheart) & Zorro el Galgo
Captain Jack (Check my Spots), my first love

Hiya!

Spirit, how you doing in jail? Is Natty in the same cell as you?

Zorro del galgo amigo de gatos! Betcha you didn't know I know Spanitch. This old dog gots lotsa noo tricks. :P

Sendin good thots for Bibbi kitteh.

And how is Balti doing?

Sounds like your havin a great trip, Laila!

Mz Soozin, can you calcoolate the poundage of houndage in your house for us? :lol:

Mistress had informed me that she's gonna leaf me tamarra. She's gonna go to the offish for a bit in the affernoon. She reely juss wants to print sum stuff and collekt her gifts. Amongst them is a thermometer which she says she needs cause the one she's got says DOG on it and she don't wanna share wiff me. :blink:

Wags,

Lila

Lila with tulips
Jerilyn, devoted Mistress to Lila (Good Looking)

Posted (edited)

Amongst them is a thermometer which she says she needs cause the one she's got says DOG on it and she don't wanna share wiff me.  Huh. Whyever knot? :blink:

:wave Everyone!

Miss Jennie

Edited by jenners

gallery_13080_2897_2816.jpg

Sending warm and loving hugs to all who have ever loved and lost an animal friend
Miss Jennifer, Hooman, Miss Luna, Gimme Pig, and Misser Neville, Hedgamahog
Hedgehog Welfare Society

That's all from here for today my Friendlies!!

Kibble kisses and Buddy Bisket dreams!!

NITEY NITE!!   :rivethead

:nappy   AndiPants 

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom

:coffee Mornin'

How is Bibbi today?  Ms Patsy, are you home from the wilderness or still wandering around out there? Lila, just enjoy your alone time. Maybe your mom will bring home a snack for you. Susan, that's quite a herd of howndies that you'll be entertaining! I agree with you about that vet. I know nothing about kitties but I don't like it when one of the vets at m;y second faovrite place is always trying to up-sell me on services.

Hada had her annual checkup yesterday. All is good. Labwork will be delayed until the end of August when she has her dental.

No word on my application for Izzy, but I expected a wait since I'm #3 in line.

Charlie the iggy, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella), Lulu the podenco andaluz
Angels: Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

11 hours ago, locket said:

Miss Soozin, we know noffing aboot kittens

I no lots about kittehs. :nod  Dey are floofy... yuzyuwally

and...um... dey are knot houndies

and.... um.... 

large.grattermenton.gif.1d94af0edca623e6

So!  How's Bibbi?

gallery_27202_3534_9390.jpg

Missing my heart dog Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound

Merc and the Galgos ob the Burg are gonna get to go to Grapehounds!  The peeps wil surely hab fun too. :D 

Dustin, that was a long time knot to see your Daddy.  I'm real glad he could come home.  That's sweet about that liddle April the Cow being so attached to him. :wub:  I bet the lubs are mutual.

I'm OK.  Ma calls the kennel at least twice a day.  :lol They told her yesterday morning that they thought I fell in the kennel ini the night.  They helped me get up and I pottied and walked around AOK.  This kennel is also a vet practice, so the vet saw me and thinks I'm AOK too. They put a rubbery pad in the kennel wif my bed so I don't hab to put my feets anywhere slickery. 

Owr weather is still HOTTER than HOT right now too.  AndiPants, humids make it all so much worse!

Poor barfing Bibi.  Do you feel better liddle friend?  How about your mindgrain, Miss Banessa?

Daphne, Bitzi, and Miss Caroline, what would we do wifout owr chilly boxes?  :kiss2 

Battle gets to see his real brothers and gets all the fun ob a house full ob hounds and humans and the excitement in the air ob a dog show!  Hab fun, Battle and Hamish!

Lila, Ma told the kennel to let me and Nate out to potty and play together butt to lemme sleep in a cell ob my own so Nate wouldn't pester me trying to take my bed all the time.
Mistress, why won't you share your thermometer wif Lila?  That sounds odd to me.  Sorta stingy and mean as well. See!  Miss Jennie agrees wif me.

I get to come home tomorrow!

Spirit

They finished the floow yesterday afternoon about 3:00.  The original estimate was 5 days, then 3, and they ended up finishing in 2 days.  :lol  They had a crew that finished a job early and so we ended up with 2 crews yesterday, so the work got done faster. Our original crew of 2 were great.  They worked so hard and diligently. Yesterday's 2nd crew was 4 people.  I did a walk through before they left and everything looks great.  We've been piddling along with the process for months, so I'd forgotten how much I liked our choices. I'm going to clean today--they did a good job of dusting furniture but there was a LOT of dust raised so I would like to do a cood cleaning before we begin to move stuff back in and put it all away.  Ann and I have Thur and Fri slated for that job.  It will be nice to be out of chaos soon.  Now for the obligatory photos!

Bathroom, this "reads" as gray and white.

109073861_10213672004393700_7459848821654460979_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=z3NqIC_xAqAAX_eFqo1&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.xx&oh=271b2d7714ccb5bdb3bab3ab411666f5&oe=5F3C87D7

LR, DR, bedrooms, halls.

109452465_10213672004073692_2046945276803742347_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=iLNE-DSC91oAX9PEw2A&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.xx&oh=8162d22d971aeb3633bfddf6296a4329&oe=5F3F5262

Kitchen--is a bit darker in real life.

115908724_10213672003753684_8515927275142565975_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=3TtORGmwsW4AX87zxY_&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.xx&oh=418c90a2da3202c1c4e8f27842e40146&oe=5F3BE29A

Let the cleaning commence!

Lucy

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, and Miles the slinky kitty (OSH).
Missing Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin) and Winston

Good Woesday! The vet is reporting Bibbi is doing much, much better. Purring and hamming it up. She got fluids, anti-nausea, appetite stimulants, and ate for them. She will be coming home this afternoon, she was having some poops and they wanted to keep an eye on it.

Lucy, I can't see the pics, but I'm sure it looks faboo. Will you need to put runners down to prevent the boys from sliding?

:wave Hola!  I'm running fru, whot else is NOO? (Dat's a rime)

Balti is doing a lot beddah!  Stil on hims annibiologicals for a few more days.  Then he needs to donate some peepee juice to have it checked.

Bibbi we hope you fel beddah too and anyone else KNOT feeling good!

Habs fun campers!

Those are awesum floors Miss LOOsy!

Here is our NOO couch, finally! Da 'Rents are still debating over a couch cover. That's Balti wiff a peepee juice stopper on.

Hola!  Galina.

Image may contain: 1 person, dog, living room, table and indoor

Tin and Michael, Galgos: Lucas, Baltasar, Picasso, Hero, Oasis, Galina, Neizan, Enzo and Salvo the Galgos.
Remembering Bridge Angel Greyhounds: Tosca, Jamey, Master, Diego, and Ambi; plus Angel Galgos Jules and Marco.

Posted (edited)

Holding continuing good thoughts for Bibbi. 

Grapehounds sounds like fun and lottsa meeting nice new folks. Campgrounds are great for that. 

Rabies every year?  Ahhh ....: NO!

We arrived home about 2:30 yesterday--in time pull the camper into the driveway (we'll deal with backing the camper in later on; DH isn't good at that) after backing the other car out first of course and headed out to pick up Linus and Jazz.  Cats are on my lap as I type and DH is back to bed again and probably won't emerge until noonish at the earliest. 

Ladies Who Lunch are lunching, distanced of course, in one of the five gals backyards today and I won't have to do anything but show up thank heavens. LWL is a group that kinda sorta formed in the early days of sheltering (DD Kestralyn, two local geocaching buddies, dear friend Bob's recent widow, and a good long time UND friend) when I texted the other five a meme or two and inquired how they were doing. It's been an encouragement ever since. The GT meme thread has been a great source. 

Turns out the state started fudging their numbers mid May and ND isn't nearly in as good shape COVID wise as it has appeared. They have been dividing by total number of tests, not by the number of unique tests (if you have been tested ten times you only "count" once according to the CDC, Johns Hopkins, and the rest of the world).  Sigh. 

Yea for Balti!!

Edited by Patsy

gallery_14387_3165_6886.jpg

Patsy and DH with the Humane Society specials, Linus & Jazz, in North Dakota

17 hours ago, sabrina said:

at least you dont have to shovel heat. 

:rotfl:rofl

13 hours ago, jenners said:

Amongst them is a thermometer which she says she needs cause the one she's got says DOG on it and she don't wanna share wiff me.  Huh. Whyever knot? :blink:

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Hope Bibbi and Balti continue to do better!!

Nice floors, Miss Lucy.  And a nice houndie counch, Galina.  Wait . . . what . . . . you mean THEY get to sit on it too??  Pfftt!!

Glad you are home safe, Miss Patsy.  Miss Susan, having all that company sounds like a good time!

Have good snoozings in the chilly airs today!

Miss Noo Carol

Hello me freends!

Misser Merc, dat's knot quite troo, yoo see Mister Nikita iz KNOT floofy but him iz a cat. I fink.

Miss Lucy, dose floors lookit great! Gud idea to clean ebberyfing afore moving da furniture in! We really really really like da kitchen and also da hallway lookit lyke da most comfurtable flooring fur paws!

Miss Galina! Finally a couch! Isn't it a couch cover already on? Da red? If so, we like it! Yoo lookit awl very glad to habs yoor couch back! Except Balti wiff da Juice Stopper who looks sorry fur hisownself :lol

Bibbi iz bettah :yay

Miss Lila :lol yoor mom does knot wanna share wiff yoo? So rude!

Noffing noo to report here, da catten iz doing herown catten stuff and we awr doing owr own stuff. She iz always hongry. She wuld eet awl da bag obs fud inna day ifn momma-bear let her! She habs her vet appointmint in early August. Momma-bear can't wait to see how she iz doing!

Yoor freend,

Charlie

Hello my Friendlies!

Affer the hottings and sunnings the last few days we got cloudings this morning.  They are sposed to go away maybe sometime this affernoon, but they'll be back for all day tamarrow.

Mister Charlie, we are glad that catten Mystic is doing good at your house!!!  Affer seeing that picher of her with Mister Zorro Momma thinks she may be older, like, closer to a year.  Seeing all the new little kittehs makes Momma miss having them around - sometimes!!!  None of us are really snuggly type houndies so she misses that kind of inneractshuns with a animal.  :dunno  :youcrazy 

Glad you are home safe a sound Miss Patsy, and having fun with your Friendlies!

OOoooooo!!!!!  Nice floorings Miss Loosy!!!!  Momma loves the wood-looking ones, but the others are good too!  Momma says mens can't clean nothing properly!! 

Great couching Miss Galina!!!  :hope for Balti and his peeshooter!

:yay  for little Miss Bibbi!!

Miss Lila I think that is very selfish of Mistress to not want to share that fermometer with you.  Or maybe it's the other way around!!   :lol 

What's going on around here?  Nothing much, I gess.  OH!!!  Momma sined me up for more racing on the firsting of Awgust!!!  That'll be fun tho I hope it's not super hat that day. 

And she tolded me some bad nooz too!  I got to go to the vet plase THREE TIMES in the next month!!!  :bugeye  I mean, really???????  What is up with that?? 

(Andi needs to have every single shot available - all due in the next three weeks!!!!  But I don't want her to have them all one on top of one another, so we're spacing them out   Plus she needs to get microchipped, and have her annual exam.  .  I want the vet to really check her out now that she's running more competetively to make sure she's doing well physically.  :rolleyes:  Fortunately, after the first exam the techs can take care of the rest of the injections, which is much cheaper - and easier to schedule! - than trying to see the vet three times!)

What I hafta put up with!!!!  :rolleyes: 

Momma frozed a buncha green beams and peas last nite cause they can't eat em up fast enuff.  Three cups of beams and 2 of peas.  One bunch of peas is done for so she pulled em out.  I think she's gonna try and make some skwarsh patties - like those latkes essept with skwarsh - to freeze for eating later, cause they got way too many of those too.

Wishings for a fun Windsday for all my Friendlies!!

BYE-EEE!!!   :rivethead

:P   AndiPants

1 hour ago, locket said:

Misser Merc, dat's knot quite troo, yoo see Mister Nikita iz KNOT floofy but him iz a cat. I fink.

I sed "yuzyuwally" on accounta BigSteveNikitaSendVodka :nod

Mummy's bin werking and packing.  She packed muh kbbul and collars furst! :yay

gallery_27202_3534_9390.jpg

Missing my heart dog Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound

Bibi is doing better and is coming home!

Galina, your days ob discomfort are over! :yay  Great couch that looks comfy and big enough for all ob you!

Miss Banessa, there will be area rugs and runners eventually.  Ma habs ordered some cheap "disposable" runners for the moment until decorative ones are selected. 

Spirit

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, and Miles the slinky kitty (OSH).
Missing Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin) and Winston

Ah, Ms Patsy, it is indeed good to be home. I'm sure that Linus and Jazz will require extra sittings with you to make up for lost lap time.
Bad news about those numbers though. And in Florida, folks were getting letters saying they had tested positive even though they had knot been tested. :blink:

Chris, without being too political (a Jeff no-no), are you in a safe area of Portland? Are you able to get to your post office safely?

Bibbi, stay hydrated and happy!

Charlie the iggy, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella), Lulu the podenco andaluz
Angels: Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

well, she looks thin, but I've got a fistful of meds to try and keep her eating. This is the same cat who would never let me oversleep, so she could get fed. (G does alarm duty now, he is so goofy.) Of course, she schmoozed the staff, but I'm going to get the claws, LOL.

Lucy, Ollie's might have some. Plus Momma reports her Ollie's has masks and hand sanitizer for days :D I know Spirit is in his "poop happens" age, cheap is the way to go.

Miss Chris, we just do knot know herbs age :dunno We awr no speshualist. We might know a bit more when she sees da vet-man. She habs bery white sharp teeth!

Maybe yoo can see more on dat pictoore obs her trotting?

115823640_297254524961367_64746945390139

Miss Andipants, daT's too bad aboot da vet visits...

Yoor freend,

Charlie

Oh yes, Ducky.  We're not anywhere near downtown - nearly 9 miles from the city center.

Our post office *is* inside the protest parameters.  The Federal Courthouse is kitty-corner from the block the PO is on, though the actual office is on the other side of the block from it.  But we haven't had any trouble getting in to retrieve our mail during the daytime at all.  Dennis was downtown yesterday from about 5am to 11am and saw no protestors or law enforcement the whole time.

The businesses in the blocks right near there are getting tagged, and they are all proactively boarded up.  There's virtually no vandalism further away.

More of the disruptions downtown are from Covid - nobody here is really going out and about at all so the businesses that are open (not very many) don't have any customers.