Petunia And Kate Had Visitors

Petunia and Kate had a visit yesterday from Snickers and Tiger, who was staying with Snickers this weekend. Tiger has ancestry on both sides very similar to Rocket, so there were lots of similarities between Tiger and my boy. It was great to have a new visitor for a few hours, and Tiger was adorable! Also, she's a rooer and rooed at me while I was making my coffee. I guess she hadn't had her morning cup yet either. :coffee

Petunia was KNOT great about maintaining her social distance, but Tiger took it in stride and gave her a warning. :lol

The morning consisted primarily of watching hounds sleep and telling Petunia to behave. 

Here's Tiger

85myr2I.jpg

Snickers in the back yard pretending that she can't hear me calling her to come inside

l6z5Kw1.jpg

Petunia posing for the camera

l8r2CgA.jpg

and of course, Kate doing what Kate does

AWRxAEC.jpg

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Such fun! Yay! 

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Nice to see a brindle in your home again.  :)  

I thought Kate was one of the few dogs Petunia really got along with.  Is Tiger another, or was the social interaction from Petunia more on the assertive end of the spectrum?

I guess she hadn't had her morning cup yet either.

Bet she takes Bailey's Irish Cream in her coffee.

Sending cool thoughts to all you desert folks.  

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

2 hours ago, EllenEveBaz said:

Nice to see a brindle in your home again.  :)  

I thought Kate was one of the few dogs Petunia really got along with.  Is Tiger another, or was the social interaction from Petunia more on the assertive end of the spectrum?

Bet she takes Bailey's Irish Cream in her coffee.

Sending cool thoughts to all you desert folks.  

I wasn't sure how I was going to react to a brindle who looked a lot like Rocket but it was fine. It's been a long time since we've had a red brindle here.  

Petunia gets along fine with everyone,  but she is all broodie.  As soon as any hound comes in she tries to herd them, and follows them everywhere, basically riding herd on their every move.  it's strictly her being a broodie and wanting to be in charge - aka the fun police.   Once they are out in the yard she tries to get them all to run and play like she did with her puppies.  In Tiger's case, Petunia kept doing the typical greyhound butt sniff which Tiger did not like and she let Petunia know that she wasn't having any of it.  Everyone got along fine though and I had to just keep an eye on Petunia because she was getting in Tiger's space a little too much the whole time Tiger was here. Tiger stood her ground and gave a couple of warning growls when she had enough, and Petunia definitely had those coming. 

On the other hand, when Snickers is here they start playing bitey face with each other, and Kate and Petunia will both groom Snickers like she's one of their puppies. 

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

You have the best visitors. :colgate

Thanks for the pics and reports.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

:wub:  Fantabulous!

Kendra, devoted walker of Henry (Tom Jones: Great Son x Lucia)

Missing Badger (Vf Get R Done: Quicksand Slip x Ll Tee el See), 5/04 - 2/14, who opened our hearts and our home to greyhounds; Kenzie (Slatex Kenzie: Randy Handy x Slatex Chrisy), 4/03 - 10/14, who really knew what a good dog she was; Falcon (Atascocita Sabat: Dodgem by Design x Atascocita Barb), 9/10 - 1/20, who was grumpy and snarky but eventually a little bit cuddly, too; Grandpa Grey the Galgo Español, 2008 (?) to 2022, who made us feel lucky to be the ones to teach him about pet life; and Lucia (Larking About x Anastasia, 5/12 to 8/23), our first brood matron and the sweetest speckly girl.