Sign in to follow this  
TheFullHouse

Sir Ivanhoe aka Gizmo 6/24/09-6-17-2020

Sir Ivanhoe aka Gizmo
June 24, 2009-June 17, 2020

Our beautiful, sweet boy crossed the rainbow bridge this morning.  I know his Mama Pat was waiting for him.

We first met Gizmo when we fostered him for a month before he joined Pat.  He was a very frightened, shy boy so he stayed with us until he got used to being around strangers.  He didn’t come with a call name so Pat gave the honor of naming him to Kevin.  Kevin said he had gremlin ears so he named him Gizmo.  I promised Pat that if anything ever happened to her we would bring Gizmo back home and after Pat had her stroke and could no longer care for him Mike drove to Philadelphia and brought him back home.

He never ran a race, but he did get the chance to stand on the Southland track one year when we took him and his littermate Bandita to a reunion.

He was our sweet cuddly boy, so playful and would eat you out of house and home if you let him.

The Chondrosarcoma in his leg metastasized to his brain and the greatest gift we could give him was to let him go.  His 11th birthday is next Wednesday but we could not let him suffer until then.  His name will be on the birthday cake we get for Bandita.❤️

Much love and thanks to our wonderful vet Dr. Hezel who has been by our side during this journey with Gizmo.  She diagnosed him a year ago in April and we were gifted another 14 months with him.  Thank you so much Alisha for always being there for us.❤️

We love you now and always Gizmo and will see you again.❤️

Judy, mom to Do Bee, Bandita, Angel and Gizmo

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey

I am so sorry.  I know Pat loved him very much.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

I'm so sorry :brokenheart

Kendra, devoted walker of Lucia (Larking About x Anastasia) and her son Henry (Tom Jones: Great Son x Lucia).

Missing Badger (Vf Get R Done: Quicksand Slip x Ll Tee el See), 5/7/04 - 2/20/14, who opened our hearts and our home to greyhounds,
    Kenzie (Slatex Kenzie: Randy Handy x Slatex Chrisy), 4/16/03 - 10/29/14, who really knew what a good dog she was,
    and Falcon (Atascocita Sabat: Dodgem by Design x Atascocita Barb), 9/13/10 - 1/31/20, who was grumpy and snarky but eventually a little bit cuddly, too.

I am so very sorry for your loss. I know Pat is happy to see him again :f_red

Such a sad and happy story.  Of course you were hoping for more time with him .  Were he and Bandita bonded, or just regular greyhound friends?  No matter, sending all of our sympathy to your family.  

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, Milo, and Jeter

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, and Nutmeg

What a comfort to Pat to have had that promise from you. I am so sorry for your loss. :grouphug Gentle scritches for Bandita.

Godspeed Gizmo, what a reunion.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees: Aiden. Bea. Punkin. Annie. Miss M. Cletus, knot like the others.

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno.Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

That boy had the greatest ears ever. We always loved his pictures here. 

I am so glad you were able to be there for him when Pat could no longer be there. 

Run-free, Gizmo.  :f_red

Ear scritches to Bandita from Camp Broodie. 

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Always missing my boy Hi Noon Rocket. The home of Petunia, MW Neptunia and Kate, Miss Kate.

I remember Gizmo and I am so very sorry he had to leave you   :(  

And yes... Pat will embrace him with open arms.  

NSK-Winter.jpg.a6ea578c2e544932c5222b81cda3216d.jpg

Nancy...Mom to Nigel (Nigel) , Sid (Peteles Tiger) and Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos)Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie) and especially Ruby (Watch Me Dash) waiting at the Bridge.

So sorry for your loss of this special boy. Run fast and free sweetie.

Pat needed him more.  I cannot imagine a more joyful reunion.  I am so sorry.  I remember all the Gizmo stories and pictures.    

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

Sorry for your loss :grouphug

Living with Buddy Molly b. 5 November 2010. Welcomed home 16/6/2018 ❤️

Won 17/112 races at Romford - our champion Essex boy

I'm so very sorry. He was such a lucky boy to be able to return to you when Pat could no longer care for him. I wish he could have stayed longer.

Godspeed Gizmo.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13); Greys Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07), Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17)

f_yellow  I'm so sorry.....

Jeannine with Merlin the fuzzy kitteh, and Cody grey-girl waiting at the bridge