Camper Cletus Conehead :wub:

Image may contain: dog and indoor

:lol: 

Image may contain: living room, table and indoor

I have no words

Image may contain: 1 person, outdoor

Annnnd, our guard dawg :ph34r :lol

Image may contain: dog and indoor

Cletus is doing really well, except that the cone had to go. He's back in the Blue Donut, at least for now. Don't ask. <_<

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

1 minute ago, FiveRoooooers said:

Cletus is doing really well, except that the cone had to go. He's back in the Blue Donut, at least for now. Don't ask. <_<

Now, you realize there's a story there that we all want to hear. :rofl

Love that boy! 

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

32 minutes ago, Time4ANap said:

Now, you realize there's a story there that we all want to hear. :rofl

:nod Out with it. What did Cletus catch in his lampshade?

35 minutes ago, FiveRoooooers said:

Image may contain: 1 person, outdoor

Living his best life. :lol :wub: 

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart

Just practicing social distancing!  

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

He was obviously humiliated and horrified by the fact that you left the label/price tag on his cone. How tacky! 😮

Tell the story!

gallery_14387_3165_6886.jpg

Patsy and DH with the Humane Society specials, Linus & Jazz, in North Dakota

I thought you meant the only one not begging to come back in at the door (That's Beautimous Bea, correct?)

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

Thank you, that *is* Bea in the big bed! She needs to have her own thread, the girl is looking at 13 in a few weeks  :wub:

We gave it a good try - overnight even - but Conehead Cletus was just knot going to work here. He couldn't manage the ramp to go to the front yard and I didn't want him trying to navigate the stairs. The hallway suddenly got smaller, as did every doorway off of it, and he isn't that steady on his pins to begin with so every time he'd crash into a wall or door it was an event :lol The stack of planters we use for feeding stands would fly, no matter where I put them. Box fans toppled. The stereo speakers in the LR fell over at least twice. I know that photos sometimes make CG look palatial :rofl but the reality is, there is knot so much square footage here - *I* was having difficulty with the Camper Cletus Cone :crazy and managed better with the Cletus Blue Donut! And there you have it, the rest of the story :lol: 

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

21 minutes ago, FiveRoooooers said:

Thank you, that *is* Bea in the big bed! She needs to have her own thread, the girl is looking at 13 in a few weeks  :wub:

We gave it a good try - overnight even - but Conehead Cletus was just knot going to work here. He couldn't manage the ramp to go to the front yard and I didn't want him trying to navigate the stairs. The hallway suddenly got smaller, as did every doorway off of it, and he isn't that steady on his pins to begin with so every time he'd crash into a wall or door it was an event :lol The stack of planters we use for feeding stands would fly, no matter where I put them. Box fans toppled. The stereo speakers in the LR fell over at least twice. I know that photos sometimes make CG look palatial :rofl but the reality is, there is knot so much square footage here - *I* was having difficulty with the Camper Cletus Cone :crazy and managed better with the Cletus Blue Donut! And there you have it, the rest of the story :lol: 

Cletus mah frend....

Good werk figgering out how to make her take dat kone off. :bow

Patoonia

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Glad he's doing well.

I tried a cone on a Greyhound (Piper) once. The cone had to be ginormous to get past the end of her nose. She couldn't go anywhere without crashing it into something. Poor dog. I switched to a muzzle with stool guard. She wasn't happy about that either, but she was able to wear it long enough to heal (she'd sliced the webbing between two toes).

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

6 hours ago, FiveRoooooers said:

.Image may contain: dog and indoor

He looks so forlorn is this picture.  Glad to hear he's doing well.  At least the donut acts sort of like a cushion :D

Edited by MarcR

gallery_15026_2920_5914.jpg
Marc and Myun plus Starbuck (the cat)
Pinky my AWOL girl, wherever you are, I miss you.
Angels Honey (6/30/99-11/3/11) Nadia (5/11/99-6/4/12) Kara (6/5/99-7/17/12) Cleo (4/13/2000-4/19/2014)

Antnee (12/1/2002=2/20/17)

Cletus looks blissfully content in the picture of him, lying in the sunshine by your great wicker chair and the wonderful gargoyl.  What a dear heart he is. :wub:

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

22 hours ago, LBass said:

Cletus looks blissfully content in the picture of him, lying in the sunshine by your great wicker chair and the wonderful gargoyl.  What a dear heart he is. :wub:

You're right, Cletus just loves that spot! It's one of his favs. Funny about the chair - it and its twin had been placed at someone's curb for trash pickup :dunno They are so comfy! The gargoyle was a tag sale find, $8 :)

Excellent technique, Cletus!  Make it seem like you are truly trying whilst running into everything you can get your devious little paws on. The speakers were an inspiration!  Good job indeed. 

Aren't "alley finds" the best?  (Our trash cans are in the alley). A virtually brand new leather and fabric adjustable office chair?  Yes please!  I also learned with that one that you CAN remove smoke smell. Numerous shelving units over the year serve in my basement and in the attic. A weird wooden double sided, double shelves, flat top unit has served as microwave holder/shoes holder/assorted kitchen stuff holder/and floor storage underneath same for myriad types of stuff for at least 25 years. 

I am SO jonesing to eat OUT. To sit down at a table and be served. To joke around with a server who has known us for years. Eergghhhhhh. Curbside pickup works well and it's not like we're starving or I'm being reduced to actually cooking but I want the social aspect sooooo much. I also don't want to be around other unknown people etc etc so I realize this doesn't make sense. 😐. Ok. Rant over.

Yesterday was a hard day. We had to drive to Fargo (80 miles south) to pick up a replacement portable camper toilet (who knew that would be A Quest). Since that's half way to the nursing home where DH's mom is FINALLY in memory care (should have been two years ago but I'm just a DIL and that topic is a  third rail issue I have discovered--denial is knot just a river in Egypt indeed) we continued onward for a window visit. For the first time ever it was obvious she had no idea who DH was that day. 😥

gallery_14387_3165_6886.jpg

Patsy and DH with the Humane Society specials, Linus & Jazz, in North Dakota

On 6/9/2020 at 4:31 PM, Patsy said:

He was obviously humiliated and horrified by the fact that you left the label/price tag on his cone. How tacky! 😮

I was going to say the same thing. gallery_15587_3010_988.gif

gallery_27202_3534_9390.jpg

Momma to Jupiter.  Mummy to my Bridge Angels, Mercury and Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound

Minnie Pearl would like a word with you...HOW-DEE!!

I'm always wary of picking up furniture, with bedbugs being so widespread. I will pick up friendly cats tho!

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

Cletus, that cone frames your handsomeness awesomely.

The stack of planters we use for feeding stands would fly, no matter where I put them. Box fans toppled. The stereo speakers in the LR fell over at least twice. 

Conehead bowling. 

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

1 hour ago, Patsy said:

How is today going?

Sorry about your knot good day Patsy. Hopefully this helps! Thank you for asking, and to everyone for the good vibes, Cletus is doing well.

This pic is entitled SOCK_NoConeNoDonut :lol

Image may contain: outdoor and nature

He's been mostly good about knot likklikklikking and the site looks ok. He has a follow-up next week, hopefully for suture removal.

Image may contain: one or more people

He's been staying very close these days, insisting on trying to get in the beeg bed at night but he snores so INYOURFACELOUD that yeah, no, sorry dude lol.

11 minutes ago, FiveRoooooers said:

He's been staying very close these days, insisting on trying to get in the beeg bed at night but he snores so INYOURFACELOUD that yeah, no, sorry dude lol.

I hope he can get his stitches out.  If so, will he still be a sock puppet?

I want a video of Cletus snoring :D

gallery_15026_2920_5914.jpg
Marc and Myun plus Starbuck (the cat)
Pinky my AWOL girl, wherever you are, I miss you.
Angels Honey (6/30/99-11/3/11) Nadia (5/11/99-6/4/12) Kara (6/5/99-7/17/12) Cleo (4/13/2000-4/19/2014)

Antnee (12/1/2002=2/20/17)

On 6/11/2020 at 10:31 PM, EllenEveBaz said:

Cletus, that cone frames your handsomeness awesomely.

Conehead bowling. 

:hehe

Yes, to stir the pot, we DO want a video of Cletus snoring (and dreaming of chickens)

gallery_27202_3534_9390.jpg

Momma to Jupiter.  Mummy to my Bridge Angels, Mercury and Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound