Incontinence

Has anyone ever heard of this? 

I have three girls that within 2 weeks have all become incontinent.  A 20 month old, newly adopted,  a 6 year old in renal failure and an 11 year old with no health issues.

All three are on different foods. 

It's not wetting in the house on purpose,  but on their beds in their sleep.

The 20 month old had a urinalysis since she had the first accident. No uti.

I've had 12 girls over the years and barely had any with incontinence nevermind 3 at once.

Any thoughts? 

My girl was leaking in her sleep and put on DES which helped stop it.  But a few months ago she began having "spells" of crying and urgency to pee with nothing coming out when she squatted.  I think we tested her three times before it finally came up as a UTI with the bug "proteus."  The lab has to let the samples grow extra long with this one, and the first two just did the quick turnaround testing.  10 days of ABs (Simplicef) and she's back to normal.

FWIW we also did an ultrasound to check for stones or tumors, and my vet looked up her urethra with an otoscope (which was *very* red and inflamed).

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

is it possible that the girls got into something in the garden in the house? sounds like something ingested maybe? awfully strange coincidence. good luck figuring this out. i would ask your vet about testing vs. just putting them on a drug. i hope you have a good problem solver vet. best of luck- this will be an interesting one to follow.