My newly adopted greyhounds weight

n8AByLE_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&I adopted my greyhound, Alexa, almost 3 weeks ago now and her weight has been on my mind as I think she has lost weight since getting her. I don't know what she weighs and have no way of finding out because of lockdown. Information online is quite conflicting so I'm looking to get a second opinion from a few greyhound owners. She is 3 years old.

Edited by BenCurlis
Left out some information.

In the photo she looks fine.  Did you get her racing weight?  That would give you a starting point.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Lovely looking hound and her weight is OK by the look of her. She might be loosing a bit of muscle mass now she's out of training and greyhounds always look very thin next to other dogs.

If you go onto http://www.greyhound-data.com/index.htm  and enter your dogs racing name or ear tattoos and look at the racing stats it might tell you her racing weight.

My Grace's racing weight varied between 24.5kg and 25kg and she still weighs the same.

Grace (Ardera Coleen) b. 18 June 2014 - Gotcha Day 10 June 2018 - Going grey gracefully
Guinness (Antigua Rum) b. 3 September 2017 - Gotcha Day 18 March 2022 - A gentleman most of the time

• 3 weeks later...

Alexa is beautiful.  I love her markings -- it looks like all the black patches have been pushed to the back because she runs so fast. :lol   

As you get more accustomed to how her body looks, you'll be able to tell when she gains or loses a little.  Can you feel her ribs, or actually see them?  Are her hipbones a little padded, or do they stick out?  Every dog's body is a little different and carries weight a little differently.  For the two hounds I have now, I watch their tuck -- where their ribs merge into their groin.  If that tuck seems to look a little thicker than I'm accustomed to seeing, it's time to lighten the portions a little.  

Alexa has a lovely proportioned tuck.  :)  

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter