Cletus: Three Sleeps to Surgery. UPDATE: AllGood

Update: Pics on page 3. Cletus did well during his surgery! On the way home last night, he scarfed down a 6-pack of Chikken McNuggets B) He's had a good overnight and should be good to go. Thank you again to everyone who waited with us and sent healing vibes, it helped!

Cletus, aka Chikken Boy aka Goober Dawg, does KNOT seem concerned about Friday's surgery:

Image may contain: dog, plant, tree and outdoor

In preparation, a big Thank You to those with non-greyhounds who responded positively - I did order the Kong collar and it should arrive tomorrow. If the collar is a FAIL, this perhaps is our Plan B?

101895705_2553565171626613_3007153332620

Image may contain: dog and indoor

:laughitup :rofl He was actually a VeryGoodBoy and left them alone for the five minute experiment. I dunno …. :lol (Many, many thanks to Karen for sharing Lexie's :heart Doggles with us!)

So until three sleeps go by, the Goober Dawg could KNOT care less about much other than *food* (I am srsly thinking of changing his name to "Dyson") and how much of hisownself he can cover with lawn mulch. Sigh ...

99341550_2545454109104386_52185036640034

Thanks for the good vibes, and we'll keep you posted. Pandemical Cletus? :lol

No photo description available.

Yay Chewy! Ordered one sleep ago and it's here. I thought for sure it would take me 'til Friday to inflate it :lol

Edited by FiveRoooooers

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cletus :wub: He seems like such a mellow boy (as long as there are no chikkins :lol) I hope his surgery goes smoothly!

That’s what Val looks like after an afternoon in the yard, she comes in covered in dead bits. She blames it on her black fur, she says it shows everything :lol

I hope Cletus's surgery goes extra well.  When should I send the "Get Well Riteawayquik Chikken"?

Edited by MarcR
unneeded quote of another reply

gallery_15026_2920_5914.jpg
Marc and Myun plus Starbuck (the cat)
Pinky my AWOL girl, wherever you are, I miss you.
Angels Honey (6/30/99-11/3/11) Nadia (5/11/99-6/4/12) Kara (6/5/99-7/17/12) Cleo (4/13/2000-4/19/2014)

Antnee (12/1/2002=2/20/17)

42 minutes ago, ramonaghan said:

Cletus, check your mailboks (or is that mailbok-bok-boks?)! :kiss2 

:rofl Gotta love a chikken dawg. Thank you :kiss2

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

praying for all to go well!  :kiss2 

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Cletus looks great in shades.

Nothing, not even an e-collar, stops that boy from wagging his tail.

Fingers crossed for Friday.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Ooooh, Cletus! You be stylin' my man!

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

12 hours ago, Houndtime said:

What's he doing on Friday?

8 minutes ago, Patsy said:

Third try:  what is happening on Friday?????

A little spruce-up:

Edited by ramonaghan

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart

3 hours ago, ramonaghan said:

A little spruce-up:

Thank you :kiss2 Really hoping the donut is going to work to keep Cletus from messing with the sites post-proc. Donut Dyson :lol

The most stylish boy in the recovery room!  Cletus, warm good thoughts for your surgery, sweetheart.

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

1 hour ago, Patsy said:

Sending good thoughts for can't-get-at-it/them arrangements. What time should we be bakandforthbakandforth'ing?

Awww, thanks! That would be swell! Chikken Boy has to be at the clinic on Friday by 8:00 ayem. He doesn’t know yet about having to miss breakfast, sigh. 

Thank you Everyone for the good thoughts. :bighug

Edited by FiveRoooooers

1 hour ago, Patsy said:

Remind us the time zone pls.  Bakandforth'ing needs to be precise. 

8:00  ayem EasternStandardTime. Way early for you folks waayyyy out thare. Chikken Boy will appreciate your good vibes as he recovers :beatheart Thanks Patsy.