Eye Surgery:

What do you think about this product as an alternative to the cone? Along with a nasty growth on a hind leg, Chikken boy Cletus is having an eye growth removed. I don't know how it's going to work here with a cone-headed Goober navigating around the other campers in our not-quite Tiny House :lol  In the Q&A (2018), the mfr claims "With the KONG Cloud Collar on, your pet should not be able to scratch their eyes or face."  Think it would work? TIA!

eta, the customer reviews are clearly mixed.

Edited by FiveRoooooers

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Haven't used it but have always had it in my mind if we needed to use a cone again.  I think Cletus has short enough legs that it would probably keep him from being able to get his paws near the eye with that on.  Also, he is going to want to know why you didn't install his new pillow sooner. 

Feel better soon, Cletus.  We all love you! 

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

I wouldn't rely on it. For my girl, it didn't fit snugly enough around her neck. Notice the gap where there's only a strap between the thicker parts of the pillow. If that gap lands in the wrong place--and it will--the pillowy parts won't help.

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

I am sure he would like it better than the cone of shame and I agree with Don, his legs are short enough that it might work. I wouldn’t expect much success with a giraffe-legged greyhound :lol Maybe you can somehow tie the opening to his collar to keep it at the back of his neck?

Didn’t work well for me for my needle nose kids nor my terrier, but for my sister with a (umm.. err... hefty 😉) lab it works well. I needed something wider for my hound - so made a soft pillow that was wider but not as thick that attached to his collar so it didn’t slip off and he couldn’t shake it off. There is also a soft cone but that was kind of heavy. So, I had to drag out the sewing machine. If that’s not ❤️.  😂 Best of luck to you and Cletus. 

I did use this (different brand) a few years ago for one of my greyhounds.  It worked well. Much better than the cone.  getting the right size was key, and I had to fool with it a bit to fit the way I wanted it to, but after that initial adjustment time, it worked well.  I still have it in case I need it again in the future.

:dunno 

It looks to me like the dog in the picture could get a foot up to his eye area.  It seems more designed to keep the dog from turning their head rather than keeping away from the face.

Something like a "Comfy Cone" (a soft elizabethan collar) might work better for your purpose with Cletus.  I think they also come in a "long" version that extends outward more.

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

On ‎5‎/‎31‎/‎2020 at 10:13 PM, GreytMom said:

Didn’t work well for me for my needle nose kids nor my terrier, but for my sister with a (umm.. err... hefty 😉) lab it works well. I needed something wider for my hound - so made a soft pillow that was wider but not as thick that attached to his collar so it didn’t slip off and he couldn’t shake it off. There is also a soft cone but that was kind of heavy. So, I had to drag out the sewing machine. If that’s not ❤️.  😂 Best of luck to you and Cletus. 

Awesome that you could fashion what you needed for your hound. But Bingo! Hefty lab :lol That's Cletus. I've ordered the collar and will keep everything crossed for success. Thanks!

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.