Whose training who?

Does anyone else turn their dogs food bowl round so their hound can get the last bits?

Does anyone else carry their hound 50+ yards over a piece of particularly sharp stoned pathway?
In my defence Grace suffers with corns and even with boots she doesn't like walking on sharp stones.

Does anyone else stop mid walk just to give an ear rub?

Or is it just me? :rolleyes:

Grace (Ardera Coleen) b. 18 June 2014 - Gotcha Day 10 June 2018 - Going grey gracefully
Guinness (Antigua Rum) b. 3 September 2017 - Gotcha Day 18 March 2022 - A gentleman most of the time

You are not alone. 😀

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

When Max got older, he was afraid to eat in the kichen since Logan would go after his food. So I fed him in the bedroom, with the door closed, holding up his bowl as he ate.
Haven't carried either of them, they are too heavy for me - except Max on his last evening  :-(

Logan stops in midwalk for a full-body massage :-)

Rob
Logan (April 7, 2010 - July 9, 2023) - LoganMaxicon15K.jpg - Max (August 4, 2004 - January 11, 2018)

I don’t turn Val’s food bowl (she is a little squirrelly about you watching her while she eats) but if necessary I stir the last bits around with a spoon :). She is too heavy for me to carry, but I expect I could pick her up if I had to. She pretty much gets whatever she wants, if I can figure what it is :rolleyes:

Greyhounds are excellent people trainers!!!   :P

I feed one of my dogs her food with a spoon, like a baby human.  Two meals a day, every day.  Because it was the only way to get her to eat before we got her IBS/food intolerance under control.  Now I think she just likes it.  :rolleyes: 

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

I've never heard of any of these things.......(yeah, right)..:lol

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

:nod :nod :nod

We spent 20 years with other assorted dogs and they were always, always part of our family .... but the past 10 years with these long bois  has turned our household into an entirely different type of family    :wub:

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

When Buddy used to wear a muzzle, he would stop near the end of our walk and rub his face on my thigh until I took it off. I don’t turn his food bowl only because he is a hunter and I would hate to remove the thrill of chasing his food down from him! But in most other matters, he gets his way almost every time. I’ve become the dog owner I said I would never be and there is virtually nothing that either of Buddy’s humans wouldn’t do for him 😍

Buddy Molly 🌈 5/11/10-10/10/23

Ivy can be a picky eater sometimes and I try different things to get her to eat- I will move all her kibble to the center so she doesn't have to work too hard to get it from the edges, put grated cheese on it, crumble Stella and Chewys freeze-dried turkey Meal Mixers on it, and sometimes yogurt or Gerber's meat baby food.  Is she spoiled?   No, of course not!   :rolleyes:      As Chris said, Greyhounds are great people trainers!  :lol

Cherry, on the other hand, will gobble up her food in 60 seconds flat!  :chow 

gallery_22163_3545_9670.jpg

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

4 hours ago, Potomacpupsmom said:

, crumble Stella and Chewys freeze-dried turkey Meal Mixers on it,

You should see the dirty look I get from Petunia if the toppers/mixers aren't done correctly. :rofl

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

20 minutes ago, Time4ANap said:

You should see the dirty look I get from Petunia if the toppers/mixers aren't done correctly. :rofl

:rofl :rofl :rofl 

gallery_22163_3545_9670.jpg

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

16 hours ago, Time4ANap said:

Are Petunia and Lila related?  I'm seeing many similarities between these ladies.....  ;)

Lila Football
Jerilyn, missing Lila (Good Looking), new Mistress to Wiki (PJ Wicked).

On 5/27/2020 at 8:31 AM, Jerilyn said:

Are Petunia and Lila related?  I'm seeing many similarities between these ladies.....  ;)

They aren't related, but Lila and Rocket had the same daddy, and Rocket apparently left very good detailed instructions here for the new kids. 

17 hours ago, Time4ANap said:

They aren't related, but Lila and Rocket had the same daddy, and Rocket apparently left very good detailed instructions here for the new kids. 

Aww,  the Rocketman!  :heart

Lila Football
Jerilyn, missing Lila (Good Looking), new Mistress to Wiki (PJ Wicked).