Sign in to follow this  
MP_the4pack

Yeah, insurance again

I just did a search.  And the two latest threads didn't really give any insurance company that was liked. 

The third latest thread was still saying how wonderful Healthy Paws is. So obviously outdated.

Does anyone like their insurance company? 

I don't know whether like is the word I'd use but I don't dislike mine. I insured Grace with Bought By Many when I first had her and like most of the other insurers there is a 14 day wait before you can make a claim. On the 15th day she developed an abscess between 2 toes caused by grit from her racing days. Several visits to the vet and two operations later and the bill came to just over £2000 which they paid up with no problems. I also get free video access to a 24 hour online emergency vet and get 20% of my premium back each year I don't claim.

Grace (Ardera Coleen) born 18 June 2014
Raced at Monmore Green, Wolverhampton UK - 68 Races, 9 wins, 5 second places
Gotcha Day 10 June 2018 

Unfortunately I'm in the states.

I can't believe that for the options I want  all the insurance companies want upwards of $100/month for a 1 year old dog.

I like Trupanion.  They are expensive, to be sure, although you can control that somewhat by adjusting your deductible.  They have unfailingly done what they say in the contract they will do, and generally process claims quite quickly.  My regular clinic can submit a claim and Trupanion reviews it on the spot, pays them their part of the bill, and I pay the difference.  No waiting for reimbursement.  Any time I've called them for any reason, they've been very pleasant to deal with.

As with all insurance, rates depend on many factors, including where you live.  I live in a very large metropolitan area, and vet care is very expensive.  So are the premiums.  Makes sense to me.

10 minutes ago, Rickiesmom said:

I like Trupanion.  They are expensive, to be sure, although you can control that somewhat by adjusting your deductible.  They have unfailingly done what they say in the contract they will do, and generally process claims quite quickly.  

Agree 100%

4894718087_9910a46faa_d.jpg

Tricia with Hopper the terrier mix and Kaia the wolfhound-schnauzer mix
Always missing Murray MaldivesBee Wiseman, River, and Holly
 Oaks Holly 
“You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.“ -Bob Dylan