Waking up at 04:30/05:30 every morning

We have had our lovely grey since December 2019.

He settled fairly quickly on a night, sleeping in his crate downstairs.

We went away in February 2020 with him and he was allowed to sleep in the same room as us.

Since our return he has been crying on a morning, sometime as early as 02:30, but more often 04:30/05:30.

I know the obvious solution is to let him sleep in our room again, BUT, our go to dog sitter if we are to go abroad later in the year will be my parents and they can't replicate that at their house (due to already having a dog and not enough floor space for 2 in their bedroom). So we had hoped to have a system of crated at night both at our house and theirs for some consistency.

Can anyone advise how we can get him to sleep the full night again.

We usually go to bed around 10pm and up around 7am.

I know he can hold his bladder this long, as he used to before we went away.

Thanks for reading this far!

I take it that you do give him the opportunity to go to the toilet when he does cry?

Is there a noise that disturbs him at that time e.g. boiler starting up, milk delivery, neighbour's car starting as they go to work?

Is he shut in his crate or can he roam around the room? My Grace has the through room with two beds, one at each end, but sleeps on the sofa which allows her to practice full stretch roaching and I think more importantly, she is off the ground.

Grace (Ardera Coleen) b. 18 June 2014 - Gotcha Day 10 June 2018 - Going grey gracefully
Guinness (Antigua Rum) b. 3 September 2017 - Gotcha Day 18 March 2022 - A gentleman most of the time

Do you think he could be cold? Ours is still wearing a coat through the night. It’s chilly up north!

If that doesn’t work, maybe you could compromise and put his bed outside your room, so that if he does end up going to your parents later in the year he can go outside their room too.

Buddy Molly 🌈 5/11/10-10/10/23