Grey Starting To #1 & #2 In House All of Sudden

Hi everyone:

So I have a 5 year old retired racing greyhound.  I have had him for 1 year.   Other than once or twice he has never had accidents in the house.    All of a sudden for no reason he is going #1 and #2 in the house almost every day in the exact same spot, but only when I am not home or during the night when I sleep.   I clean up the accidents thoroughly and throw down baking soda and vinegar to remove the scent but he still goes in the same spot.   Now when I sleep or go out I place him in his crate because I just cannot trust him alone in the house anymore.

He has never had accidents before, and it is not a health problem as he had his yearly checkup 4 weeks ago and came back in perfect health.     Our routine, his diet, etc. is exactly the same.  The only two things which have changed are I now work from home because of the virus (he used to have the place all to himself during the day) and we are not able to go on long walks downtown to meet random people (his favorite thing).   

I am going to take him out at least 1 more time during the day- perhaps he is getting older and having trouble keeping it in - and take him on some more walks around the neighborhood  when I can.

Any other suggestions on what may be going on and how to fix the problem?

Thanks everyone! 

I would call the vet.  Just because he did not have a urinary tract infection 4 weeks ago does not mean he does not have one now.  My 12 1/2 brood has started the same thing.  I purchased pull ups for her;  just could not keep up with the laundry:huh.  Again I would consider calling the vet.