Looking for another greyhound

I am excited!  We decided as a family to look for another greyhound for several reasons.  Myrtle has been eating strange stuff when she gets upset.  She tries to make friends with cats! :o  Our house seems very empty.  She is very much my dog.  My DH misses having one of the boys snuggle up with him.  So, we have contacted a group in our area because our group is gone.  I will let you know when I hear something back.  I already talked to the people from the group.  So . . . . I . . .can't . . .wait! :banana

Have you heard back? :rollin 

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

birmingham alabama just closed/sold it's track, florida tracks are evacuating dogs due to a combo of CO19 and amendment 13. get your research done promptly-  there are lots of dogs out there right now! good luck.

Edited by cleptogrey

On 4/22/2020 at 10:58 AM, Sundrop said:

Congrats!! We lasted only about 2.5 months as a single greyhound family. :)

The last time we had only 1 greyhound was 2006 and that lasted 1 week.

PRINCESS
ANGELS: SUSIE (BANDIT SUE) 3/26/1991-5/13/2006, TIPPER (MPS KRISTINA) 7/23/1999-2/4/2008, LADYBUG (BB'S LADYBUG) 5/19/2005-7/9/2008,
HAPPY 12/2000-10/9/2013, RICHY (DON L RICHY RICH) 11/5/2002-5/17/2015, DARREN 9/24/2005-3/2/2017, TUCKER (AWESOME ABILITY) 12/29/2004-12/4/2017,
BUG (BB'S DANCING BUG) 5/19/2005-11/17/2018, Dee (KIOWA DIANDRA) 10/9/2007-6/20/2022, Buddy (PJ PLUTARCH) 11/21/2013-9/8/2023)

They called me and told me that I get one of the hounds they got in last Saturday!  I get my pick!  Woo Hoo! :offwall They have 2 females and 2 males.  I don't even care which it is.  We are so excited!  I am sort of worried how Myrtle will handle another hound in the house.  She has been an only for almost 2 years.  It was because of me that we didn't adopt sooner.  Losing both of my boys in a 6 month span to that horrible killer, cancer,  adding another hound when I was so broken up was not a good idea.  After nursing Dawson for months with bone cancer made me reluctant to adopt another.  Now, seeing how lonely she is and how empty our home is has changed my thoughts on the subject.  I will post a picture when we get our new one.  We hope to have our new addition by Saturday the 9th! 

12 minutes ago, Dawnnziggy said:

They called me and told me that I get one of the hounds they got in last Saturday!  I get my pick!  Woo Hoo! :offwall They have 2 females and 2 males.  I don't even care which it is.  We are so excited!  I am sort of worried how Myrtle will handle another hound in the house.  She has been an only for almost 2 years.  It was because of me that we didn't adopt sooner.  Losing both of my boys in a 6 month span to that horrible killer, cancer,  adding another hound when I was so broken up was not a good idea.  After nursing Dawson for months with bone cancer made me reluctant to adopt another.  Now, seeing how lonely she is and how empty our home is has changed my thoughts on the subject.  I will post a picture when we get our new one.  We hope to have our new addition by Saturday the 9th! 

:confetti

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Too many sleeps …. ! :rollin

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Congreytulations!  Are you taking Myrtle with you to help choose the new houndie?  

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

Congratulations!

I can't wait to learn more about your new addition. :) 

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13), Grey Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23)

On 5/3/2020 at 3:38 PM, EllenEveBaz said:

Congreytulations!  Are you taking Myrtle with you to help choose the new houndie?  

Ooh, wouldn't that be excellent if you could??   She could pick out her own brother !  (yep, I am partial to males)

gallery_27202_3534_9390.jpg

Momma to Jupiter.  Mummy to my Bridge Angels, Mercury and Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound

Well, they adopted out the dog we thought we wanted.  They told me the other people put their application in first.  We really are going this Saturday.  We will be bringing one of the boys home with us I hope!  I will definitely post a picture if I get one of them.  I hope I hope I hope!

We have been taking Myrtle for rides every night because we have to go so far away to get our boy!  We are letting her choose her buddy!

Okay.  Good things first.  We brought home Wilson yesterday.  He is very sweet. Now for the bad.  He has hookworms.  I am afraid that Myrtle will get them.  She has not had her heartworm for a while because of her pancreatitis.  I am going to get it for her on Monday.  He paces and paces and paces.  Myrtle was fine with him yesterday but is done with it this morning. We put up his crate and put him in it and he finally laid down. 

Any advice will be appreciated. :(