Firm up the stool

How long have you had your greyhound?  Has he been tested multiple times for hookworms? That really should be your next move before trying anything else. Olewo carrots would be at the top of my list to try. Although many may suggests pure canned pumpkin (not pie filler), that has backfired (literally) here. Neither of those will help long term if you haven't treated for hookworms.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

• 2 weeks later...

vitamin rx clay-

also stool check- your dog might need some Flagyl to clean up the gut or just simple worms

add rice to a lower fat/protein kibble and stick with one food, don't change around. what was he/she on prior to adoption.

don't get too neurotic and communicate w/ your vet. best of luck on the new pup! 

• 2 weeks later...

Our boy struggled with pudding poo for nearly a year.  We give him olewo carrots and beets etc.  switched him to farmers dog mixed with low protein kibble and fixed him right up.  Also help with his weight and energy as well. Worm check first though. 

Yogurt.  I'm surprised it hasn't already been mentioned. I have given my dogs 1 -4 ounces with breakfast,and more at night if they are a new dog 'getting it together.'  I extremely rarely have any diarrhea issue.  K9 Finest (see link) might help also and their paste treatment probably most certainly would. I have been feeding it for ~3 years now. I believe they are giving away a free fairly large sample jar of it at the web site now. The active ingredient (amaferm) helps them digest their food better. I would also 2nd the suggestion to be vigilant about hookworms or other parasites. https://k9finest.com/offer/

• 2 weeks later...

Also a fan of Olewo Carrots.  We make up a 5 cup batch which lasts almost a week (refrigerated).  10 TBSP of carrots/5 cups of almost boiling water/5 tsp of coconut oil.  They improved Bette's poop to almost tootsie roll quality AND she is hook positive.  We have her on Dr. Ng's protocol, and she came with soft poo, but the carrots added to Purina Pro Plan Sensitive Skin and Stomach is a good combo for her.