Residing in NY, in-between New Rochelle and NYC all of us in the area have been dealing w/new life style restrictions. My dogs have worn boomerang tags w/ emergency info in the past. but that's great for when they get loose.My current pup has a super sensitive neck and can't wear the flat collar tag!!! our standard ID has my # and DH# on it.  in these strange times my friend, who lives in mid-town manhattan, realized that we need apparent ICE instructions for the dogs!

She lives in a large apartment building- management has ICE contacts(including me) and permission for retrieval of her dogs if she falls ill.

I do not lock my android phone- so I have added ICE DOG CONTACT after 3 names in my phone book. I also have ICE for DOGS on the fridge.

What have you done? or are planning on doing? have you contacted friends?

Another reality of living w/ COVID-19. yeah my mom's independent living facility has been on lock down for 4 weeks(kudos to them pre- NYS instructions)and residents have been eating in their rooms- for over 2 weeks! they still ended up w/ 3 cases!

stay healthy, stay safe. off to the woods for our sanity.

Edited by cleptogrey

Most phones have the facility to be able to access and phone your ICE contacts and medications even though the phone is locked.  Or take a picture of your ICE details and use it as your lock screen.

Grace (Ardera Coleen) b. 18 June 2014 - Gotcha Day 10 June 2018 - Going grey gracefully
Guinness (Antigua Rum) b. 3 September 2017 - Gotcha Day 18 March 2022 - A gentleman most of the time

Andrea, I like the idea of having ICE contact info for the dogs. I take pictures of each dogs' vet papers showing they are up to date on vaccinations.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

I am just concerned about having someone contacted to pick her up! It has not hit the rest of the country but currently NY is 3xs the highest # of cases in the country. If one of us gets sick our ice contact will be informed . Shots are the least of my concerns.

11 hours ago, HeyRunDog said:

Most phones have the facility to be able to access and phone your ICE contacts and medications even though the phone is locked.  Or take a picture of your ICE details and use it as your lock screen.

I like that idea

We have the "If I Am Sick Or  Injured" cards in our wallets and the associated keytags on our key rings.  The card indicates that my pets are alone and gives space to write in two emergency contacts with a Sharpie.   We bought  the cards at Dewey.  Several of the vendors had them.  

Our cards are similar to but not exactly like this style - https://www.amazon.com/DuraPaws-Emergency-Plastic-Contact-Writable/dp/B07DLLXJ5Z

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

2 hours ago, Time4ANap said:

We have the "If I Am Sick Or  Injured" cards in our wallets and the associated keytags on our key rings.  The card indicates that my pets are alone and gives space to write in two emergency contacts with a Sharpie.   We bought  the cards at Dewey.  Several of the vendors had them.  

Our cards are similar to but not exactly like this style - https://www.amazon.com/DuraPaws-Emergency-Plastic-Contact-Writable/dp/B07DLLXJ5Z

good idea but i am one of those who NEVER has their wallet with them! i need a microchip for identification. it's one of those things- years ago i used to have my driver's license in my back pocket. who knows how many times i washed it. might get a dura paw card or make one- AMAZON delivery around here is on STRIKE!(so is insta cart)

2 minutes ago, cleptogrey said:

good idea but i am one of those who NEVER has their wallet with them! i need a microchip for identification. it's one of those things- years ago i used to have my driver's license in my back pocket. who knows how many times i washed it. might get a dura paw card or make one- AMAZON delivery around here is on STRIKE!(so is insta cart)

There's always a tattoo. :lol 

I'm never without my wallet so the card works well for us.  We also have signed documents from other greyhound owners authorizing us to pick up their dogs in an emergency and have the house keys to accomplish that.  We are the POC on their emergency notification card also. 

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

i guess i need to be retrained- the tattoo idea is most likely best for me- i leave the house- and just leave it! now that we are on lock down- who needs a wallet? i also stopped carrying it a while ago to refrain from spending money. 

this must be NY paranoia since things are pretty grim around here.