Sign in to follow this  
busfrsr100

Skin Lesion

Posted (edited)

Hi All,

I am noticing an interesting looking lesion on Stanley's back inside leg. I just noticed it minutes ago and am wondering if anyone has seen this before. It seems to have a bright red ring on the outside and inside is the normal color of skin, but the whole thing seems moist or sticky to the touch. It immediately made me think ring worm, but upon a quick google search I'm not confident that it is. Maybe a run of the mill hot spot? I've had Stan for 3 years and have not seen anything like this yet. I have pictures but I can't find a way to attach them as it appears the file size is too large. 

Do I need to go to the vet or are there some conservative treatments I can try first? 

Any thoughts are much appreciated! 

Edited by busfrsr100

Are you in an area where there are fire ants?  Or ticks?  I wouldn't panic about it, but maybe send your pictures to your vet and see what they recommend.

Chris - Mom to: Lilly, Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

35764734494_93de5b5963_b.jpg

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom

Is there just one? Buddy had sticky blisters last year from being near dirty water (a canal in the UK). But he had several of these, and unfortunately I didn’t see closely enough if the skin changed colour on the periphery

Living with Buddy Molly b. 5 November 2010. Welcomed home 16/6/2018 ❤️

Won 17/112 races at Romford - our champion Essex boy