Trolley 7/2/2007- 3/5/2020

NevadasMom

Trolley (Figsiza Trollyn) passed away unexpectedly on Thursday. She had been sick for a week, but her exam & labs were not showing anything unusual. She passed away as I was getting ready to take her to the Vet for x-rays.  I'm heartbroken but grateful that she passed peacefully at home in her slumber ball. 

Trolley was my stubborn, quirky blue brindle girl who trotted to her own beat. Her Foster Mom, Maryjo, would often say she was the most stubborn foster she ever had. She did things on her schedule & if she wished to. She was not a snuggler or kisser, but I knew she loved & trusted me. She was one of the most beautiful Greyhounds I had ever seen. She did the best "dirty dances" for butt rubs. 

She loved her slumber ball, her meatball treats & her buddy Rocket. Trolley has taken a piece of my heart with her, but she left me a lot of hers. 

Till we meet again my sweet girl :heart:heart:heart

Carol-Glendale, AZ

Trolley (Figsiza Trollyn)

Nevada 1992-2008...always in my heart

I'm so sorry for the loss of your beautiful girl. Rest well, Trolley, and you and Rocket have fun catching up. :heart 

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart

So very sorry your girlie has gone.

Please remember all the good times...

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

No words can begin to express our heartbreak for Trolley's Mom and the loss we feel for Trolley.  Trolley was a regular (I can't even use the word visitor) part of the household here. She would come in the door, greet the others and work her way pretty quickly to the guest bed with the thick memory foam topper.  If you wanted to see her, you could go visit her there, or just say loudly, "Wanna Cookie?" to bring her running into the living room. 

Trolley was one of Rocket's best friends and I'm pretty sure they were almost bonded except that they lived in different houses. Since Rocket went to the bridge, Trolley has come into the house and the first thing she did every time was sniff his slumber ball to see if maybe he was back.  Talk about heart-wrenching.... She was also always happy to see Petunia and Kate once she got used to them being here. She was KNOT amused that there was another girl here the first few times she visited Petunia, but they became fast friends anyway. 

Fortunately, I got to be the recipient of some of her "dirty dances" over the years and I loved having her spend time here when her Mom was traveling. She cracked me up every day. I fell in love with Trolley the first time her Mom posted her picture on GT.  A few years later, we flew to AZ for the GPA picnic and got to meet her in person. Eventually we moved here and she quickly became part of the family. 

I hope by now she has found Rocket and he has taken her back under his wing.  We love you and will miss you little girl. You can now have unlimited "patio time." Be sure to send your Mom a sign. :brokenheart

Here are a few pics from her visits here: 

NnpKEoL.jpg

rG5YZzX.jpg

And of course - holding court on the guest bed. 

vdH25zK.jpg

Edited by Time4ANap
typo
rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Only the most very special of special hounds can curl their earsies this way :heart

rG5YZzX.jpg

My deepest sympathies to all those who are missing beautiful Trolley. :grouphug

Godspeed old girl.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Such a beautiful girl with unique ears. They made her look like she was always wearing a princess crown.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

How nice to know that she left you in her own time and on her own bed, it could have been so much worse.

We know she will be greatly missed.

Miss. “England” Carol, Chancey and Nutmeg.

Miss "England" Carol with whippet lurcher Nutmeg & Zavvi the Chihuahua.

R.I.P. Chancey (Goosetree Chance). 24.1.2009 - 14.4.2022. Bluegrass Banjoman. 25.1.2004 - 25.5.2015 and Ch. Sleepyhollow Aida. 30.9.2000 - 10.1.2014.

I'm heartbroken to hear this, and send condolences to all who loved her. She was a favorite of mine and I loved reading about her antics on here. Thanks for sharing her with us. :brokenheart

Kendra, devoted walker of Henry (Tom Jones: Great Son x Lucia)

Missing Badger (Vf Get R Done: Quicksand Slip x Ll Tee el See), 5/04 - 2/14, who opened our hearts and our home to greyhounds; Kenzie (Slatex Kenzie: Randy Handy x Slatex Chrisy), 4/03 - 10/14, who really knew what a good dog she was; Falcon (Atascocita Sabat: Dodgem by Design x Atascocita Barb), 9/10 - 1/20, who was grumpy and snarky but eventually a little bit cuddly, too; Grandpa Grey the Galgo Español, 2008 (?) to 2022, who made us feel lucky to be the ones to teach him about pet life; and Lucia (Larking About x Anastasia, 5/12 to 8/23), our first brood matron and the sweetest speckly girl. 

:cry1 I’ve known Trolley as long as she has been with Carol, and yes, she definitely followed the beat of her own drum. What a beauty she was, and such a sweet girl. She will be greatly missed by all her friends, and of course, most of all by her mom :bighug

So very sorry for your loss of beautiful Trolley. You have to just love a girl with a mind of her own. Rest well sweetie.

Mom to Ranger (PB's Long Ranger), Esso (Kiowa Stay Over) and Cookie the rattie mix

Missing Kahn (Gil's Khan) 10-29-03 - 11-7-16  Belle (Regall Belooow) 8-9-07 - 3-12-17  Star (Greyt Star) 1-19-07 - 3-13-2020  Pitch (Emerald Pitch) 4-1-08 - 6-3-2020

Farewell, beautiful girl. My deepest sympathies. 

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

17 hours ago, Time4ANap said:

No words can begin to express our heartbreak for Trolley's Mom and the loss we feel for Trolley.  Trolley was a regular (I can't even use the word visitor) part of the household here. She would come in the door, greet the others and work her way pretty quickly to the guest bed with the thick memory foam topper.  If you wanted to see her, you could go visit her there, or just say loudly, "Wanna Cookie?" to bring her running into the living room. 

Trolley was one of Rocket's best friends and I'm pretty sure they were almost bonded except that they lived in different houses. Since Rocket went to the bridge, Trolley has come into the house and the first thing she did every time was sniff his slumber ball to see if maybe he was back.  Talk about heart-wrenching.... She was also always happy to see Petunia and Kate once she got used to them being here. She was KNOT amused that there was another girl here the first few times she visited Petunia, but they became fast friends anyway. 

Fortunately, I got to be the recipient of some of her "dirty dances" over the years and I loved having her spend time here when her Mom was traveling. She cracked me up every day. I fell in love with Trolley the first time her Mom posted her picture on GT.  A few years later, we flew to AZ for the GPA picnic and got to meet her in person. Eventually we moved here and she quickly became part of the family. 

I hope by now she has found Rocket and he has taken her back under his wing.  We love you and will miss you little girl. You can now have unlimited "patio time." Be sure to send your Mom a sign. :brokenheart

Here a few pics from her visits here: 

NnpKEoL.jpg

rG5YZzX.jpg

And of course - holding court on the guest bed. 

vdH25zK.jpg

It is heartwarming to know that she and Rocket are united again. Some things are meant to be. :beatheart

I'm so very sorry. I remember when she arrived home--I thought she was one of the most striking hounds I'd ever seen. My condolences to both her families.

Godspeed Trolley.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13), Grey Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23)

Carol, I'm so sorry that Trolley had to make her way over the Bridge.  I remember so well when Trolley came to you - mostly because I was trying to work out a way to bring her to ME! - and I, too, thought she was one of the most beautiful greyhounds I'd ever seen.  That opinon didn't ever change.

Run In Peace, sweet, beautiful girl.  Run happy and healthy and free from fear or pain with your good bud Rocket and all our other Angels.

Edited by greysmom

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

I’m so sorry for your loss. I know she was loved a lot wherever she stayed.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

I am so sorry.  I remember her from way back when she was MaryJo's foster and I have enjoyed following her life.  Hugs to you!

Patty,

Mom to Jaxson 5/12/2017

Forever in my heart: Joey 11/01/2007 to 12/06/2018, Scout 11/19/2005 to 07/15/15 and Jack 01/03/2004 to 06/11/2011

I am so sorry.  I, too, have been smitten with Trolley ever since her picture first appeared on GreyTalk.  What striking markings.  And you could tell even in photos that her fur was bunny soft.  And I'm sure the term "earsies" was coined just for her.

As Banjoman posted above, she left in her own time in her own way, just as she would have wanted.  Leaving a long trail of grieving humans behind.  :grouphug

I forget -- do you know how/why she got named Figsiza Trollyn?  

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

3 hours ago, EllenEveBaz said:

I am so sorry.  I, too, have been smitten with Trolley ever since her picture first appeared on GreyTalk.  What striking markings.  And you could tell even in photos that her fur was bunny soft.  And I'm sure the term "earsies" was coined just for her.

As Banjoman posted above, she left in her own time in her own way, just as she would have wanted.  Leaving a long trail of grieving humans behind.  :grouphug

I forget -- do you know how/why she got named Figsiza Trollyn?  

Her daddy was Boones Fishin Kid. The entire litter had a fishing related theme. Her owner was Dick Figarelli. So the litter was named Figsiza Trollyn, Figsiza Caster, Figsiza Rainbow, Figsiza Lura, etc. Really quite unique. :rolleyes:

Carol-Glendale, AZ

Trolley (Figsiza Trollyn)

Nevada 1992-2008...always in my heart