Sign in to follow this  

This was on Wisconsin Public Radio on 2/20/2020 and they are in the middle of their fund drive.  Skip to the 5:46 minute mark to hear the interview.

Annette, mom to Miriam (Miriam of Ruckus) & Casey (kitty), wife to Roy. Mom to bridgekids: Wheat (GH), Icabod (GH), Scarlett (Cab's Peg Bundy), Rhett (Kiowa Day Juice), Dixie (Pazzo Dixie), and Pogo/Gleason (Rambunctious) and Spooky, Taffy, Garfield, & Lefty (kitties)

27 minutes ago, Time4ANap said:

She was probably referring to this.  Took a bit to find on their site. 

https://www.wpr.org/shows/treating-cancer-our-pets

I am sorry about that.  I swear I posted the link.

Thanks for posting the link.

Dr Vail talks about the life expectancy of Hemangiosarcoma being only a few months in many cases.  We were very lucky more than 20 years ago when our greyhound, Icabod had a tumor rupture on his spleen.  He made it almost 1 year post rupture.

Annette, mom to Miriam (Miriam of Ruckus) & Casey (kitty), wife to Roy. Mom to bridgekids: Wheat (GH), Icabod (GH), Scarlett (Cab's Peg Bundy), Rhett (Kiowa Day Juice), Dixie (Pazzo Dixie), and Pogo/Gleason (Rambunctious) and Spooky, Taffy, Garfield, & Lefty (kitties)

58 minutes ago, Annette said:

I am sorry about that.  I swear I posted the link.

Thanks for posting the link.

Dr Vail talks about the life expectancy of Hemangiosarcoma being only a few months in many cases.  We were very lucky more than 20 years ago when our greyhound, Icabod had a tumor rupture on his spleen.  He made it almost 1 year post rupture.

No problem.  I've been following the articles about them along with some other related research programs at other major universities. It;s great to see so much research being focused on dogs that will ultimately help people too. 

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Always missing my boy Hi Noon Rocket. The home of Petunia, MW Neptunia and Kate, Miss Kate.

Very interesting!

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, Milo, and Jeter

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, and Nutmeg