Sign in to follow this  
GeorgeofNE

The Whirled Famuss Unruly Boys Chat Club Part 195

Kerry, 12 is pretty old for an Oriental Shorthair.  

He went quickly and peacefully.  Hamish sniffed him after he was gone, but Nikita didn't want to.  Unfortunately he leaked urine as he was carried to the vet's car--but I got it cleaned up.  I'm sad, but he truly had a great life, I think, and he was loved and cared for, never cold or hungry or wet.  We should all be so lucky, eh?

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

:yay   LuLu

:unsure   FancyPants.   Nigel does knot tolerate Sid or Kibo getting too close to him.  At all.  Ever.

So...everything ‘Non-Essential’  in Ontario is being shut down as of Wednesday but  ‘apparently'  the TackeShoppe can stay open as we sell feed & supplements.   We did have several calls today about getting feed tomorrow in case we actually have to shut down.    I feel very safe there with my coworker as we are well protected by the corral and our constant sanitation.  I am not scheduled to work again for another week so we’ll just see what happens by then.

The UPS delivery fellow came in this morning and gave us a good laugh when he said being in our corral made him feel like a bull....

NSK-Winter.jpg.a6ea578c2e544932c5222b81cda3216d.jpg

Nancy...Mom to Nigel (Nigel) , Sid (Peteles Tiger) and Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos)Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie) and especially Ruby (Watch Me Dash) waiting at the Bridge.

Lulu we are so happy for you. B9 is the best report card a houndie can get

Snuggles & good wishes to all of our friends,  Daphne & Bitzi

gallery_19924_3574_6591.jpg

Caroline, Mom to Daphne (49B-50215) and Penny (41D-55779)
Remembering Bridge Angels Margo and Sabrina

1 hour ago, GeorgeofNE said:

Kerry, 12 is pretty old for an Oriental Shorthair.  

He went quickly and peacefully.  Hamish sniffed him after he was gone, but Nikita didn't want to.  Unfortunately he leaked urine as he was carried to the vet's car--but I got it cleaned up.  I'm sad, but he truly had a great life, I think, and he was loved and cared for, never cold or hungry or wet.  We should all be so lucky, eh?

Yes indeed <3

gallery_15587_3582_3452.jpg

Kerry with Pippin (Paid Vacation), adopted 4/15/2017
Missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin (PA's Paris), the biggest Love I've ever known, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan (Leon B) :brokenheart :brokenheart, every single day.

7 hours ago, dante2zoe said:

Miss Noo Carol, I was just snoozing in the sunbeam all my my lonesome, dreaming of my next jogging trip, when Parisite jumped up and plopped her bony self down, using *me* ! as a pillow.  I am NOT a fan of such behavior.  However, she does this all.the.time.  Being the gentle and genteel houndie that I am, I just suffer greytly in silence.  I am quite careful, just in case she renames herself Karma and chomps my tush.  :rofl 

Miss Fancy, that seems like the most sensible and machure way to be.  :hehe

Lovely picture of Mr. B.  Very distinguished kitteh.  RIP

As of midnight tonight, we are on stay-at-home order here in my county until April 24th.  All non-essential businesses have been ordered closed.  Stores still don't have TP or tissues but I'm not out yet.  I also have coffee filters which I figure will do in a pinch.  I got a car tire with a slow leak fixed today.  And I have food.  So I'm good for a while.  

Miss Noo Carol

4 hours ago, Patsy said:

Share this with anyone who tells you "it's just the flu" https://www.facebook.com/1050327485/posts/10218176351614167?sfns=mo

Yes, 7 1/2".  However I do need to know what $$$ goes where.  I love all three of those colors so do what gives you pleasure.  The extra long cuffs will eliminate that nasty void between the end of the mitts and the sleeves of whatever I'm wearing at the time.  You are a goddess btw 🙃

Patsy, I saw that and shared it on my Facebook page.  I think everyone needs to read it.  Powerful, scary, heartbreaking.  And real.

We will miss you, Mister B.  :brokenheart

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina, Kiva and Laila
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Boy howdy!  Last outs are really weerd!!!  We live in a quiet nayborhood, but between two really bizzy roads.  There's *always* traffic noise, or sirens, or a freight train going by.  Except lately it's, like, SUPER quiet!!!!  :yikes  Especially at night!!

We did end up having some sunnings, but also some hard rainings!!  We got some chases in tho, so we're all good!

That's all from here for today my Friendlies!

Kibble kisses and Buddy Bisket dreams!

NITEY NITE!!   :rivethead

:nappy   AndiPants 

Chris - Mom to: Lilly, Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

35764734494_93de5b5963_b.jpg

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom

Gud morning, it's me, Wee Hamish!

My playtoy friend, dat Mister Bigglesworth, fell asleep on the rug and he wood KNOT wake up.  I even give him a poosh wiff ma snooter, and nuffin!  The nice man wiff da chin fur took him away.  I promised Mutter I wood be espeshully nice to Nikita.  I will TRY. A promise is important!  Yu shud keep yur promises, rite?  So I will try really hard.  

Mutter is looking for a baby cat to keep Nikita company.  Wood yu believe that the Greenville no kill shelter has ONE cat?  And it's an old, blind cat who needs special fuds?  ONE CAT??  But!  Der is a lady 4 hours away in NC who habs 3 baby Sphynx boy kittens!  So Mutter is chatting wiff her and that's a possibility.  She also submit an application for a black and white kitten right here in Greer, butt so far that person has KNOT contacted us back.

Ohhh, it's Flee and Tick pill day for me!  

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

Oh, Wee Hamish, your first paragraph made me get all teary.  I know you will be a good big brother to any new kitty. How is Nikita this morning?

Charlie the iggy, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella)
Angels: Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Any of you on Ravelry, did you know one of Miss Patsy's mitts is an original Ravelry pattern? (Authored my moi).

https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/patsys-pink-and-purple-mitts

I was upset I couldn't call them purkle but I knew Ravelry wouldn't understand. <_<

I'm out of elastic and Joann's has closed.  Their phone message says they'll do curb delivery but the website says :f50:.  There goes my conduit to deliver the masks, too. I posted a Freecycle message.  We'll see if that turns up anything.

gallery_27202_3534_9390.jpg

Missing my heart dog Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound

We're still not in any particularly defined shutdown here.  We're being urged to stay home by the voices of health care and common sense and yet most businesses seem to want to stay open if they can and then seem to expect employees to remain front and center, no matter what.  I'm quite frustrated with my company for not already asking that those who can work from home do so.  I've been pushing my boss on the issue since last week and he finally talked with the other "leadership team" members  yesterday--the answer is that we are permitted to work from home if we can.  However, being part of IT it is our job to provide mechanisms for doing so.   I've finally dragooned our department into testing Zoom for a meeting this morning.  If that test go well I intend to go home and stay there as much as possible.  I'm also annoyed with myself for not having the courage to do more than just ask to work from home--mention, politely wait for permission.  I should just have packed up and headed off to work from home last week. Somehow I have found it very hard to do that, to buck the general "business as usual"--unless we just furloughed you or gave you a pay cut--attitude.  Yesterday, I watched 2 executives wander back through our office area, apparently just checking to see who was there.  <_<  They are coming into work so why shouldn't everyone else? I wanted to think I had more courage and I'm disappointed in myself. Lucy

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, and Miles the slinky kitty (OSH).
Missing Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin) and Winston

Morning, all! ca1a20_ea7c1bc91f714a1c93fa348e885bd80d~

11 hours ago, ScootersMom said:

As of midnight tonight, we are on stay-at-home order here in my county until April 24th.  All non-essential businesses have been ordered closed.  Stores still don't have TP or tissues but I'm not out yet.  I also have coffee filters which I figure will do in a pinch.  I got a car tire with a slow leak fixed today.  And I have food.  So I'm good for a while.  

Glad to know you're ok! I"m trying really hard to go slow on the TP roll bc my provisions are low. :ohno  I ordered some online and I got a notification that the order has been shipped and will be here... in a month :huh :huh2  Are they shipping it from outer Mongolia? :lol: 

2 hours ago, GeorgeofNE said:

Gud morning, it's me, Wee Hamish!

My playtoy friend, dat Mister Bigglesworth, fell asleep on the rug and he wood KNOT wake up.  I even give him a poosh wiff ma snooter, and nuffin!  The nice man wiff da chin fur took him away.  I promised Mutter I wood be espeshully nice to Nikita.  I will TRY. A promise is important!  Yu shud keep yur promises, rite?  So I will try really hard.  

Awww.... Hamish.. :beatheart :brokenheart  You're a good boy. And don't forget the cuddles for the hooman, those are important too!

Pippin is sleeping but he will be back later. 

Back to work... ca1a20_755dba76ca8a44a4ae11020fe86bec5a~

Missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin (PA's Paris), the biggest Love I've ever known, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan (Leon B) :brokenheart :brokenheart, every single day.

32 minutes ago, LBass said:

We're still not in any particularly defined shutdown here.  We're being urged to stay home by the voices of health care and common sense and yet most businesses seem to want to stay open if they can and then seem to expect employees to remain front and center, no matter what.  I'm quite frustrated with my company for not already asking that those who can work from home do so.  I've been pushing my boss on the issue since last week and he finally talked with the other "leadership team" members  yesterday--the answer is that we are permitted to work from home if we can.  However, being part of IT it is our job to provide mechanisms for doing so.   I've finally dragooned our department into testing Zoom for a meeting this morning.  If that test go well I intend to go home and stay there as much as possible.  I'm also annoyed with myself for not having the courage to do more than just ask to work from home--mention, politely wait for permission.  I should just have packed up and headed off to work from home last week. Somehow I have found it very hard to do that, to buck the general "business as usual"--unless we just furloughed you or gave you a pay cut--attitude.  Yesterday, I watched 2 executives wander back through our office area, apparently just checking to see who was there.  <_<  They are coming into work so why shouldn't everyone else? I wanted to think I had more courage and I'm disappointed in myself. Lucy

Oh, Lucy, don't beat yourself up. Your company bosses, not you, are at fault here. It shouldn't be your job to have to advocate for yourself when the common sense, safety-conscious, rational and compassionate decision is to scale back operations as much as feasible. Safety first! It makes me so angry that companies are not putting their employees first. :angryfire  I understand that essential services need to stay open and operational, and I understand that we need to keep the economy going and can't just grind to a halt, but.... safety first!!  Health officials and medical experts everywhere are telling governments and people that they MUST take precautions and yes, the measures recommended are extreme for our society, but now more than ever we need to listen to scientists and health officials. A cavalier attitude is going to exacerbate an already very serious situation. I feel very lucky that as far back as 10 days ago our university mandated that people work remotely unless it is *absolutely* necessary for them to be in university buildings. They are working to support staff, faculty and students as much as possible, and sending updates every day and working hard to put new systems in place. Let's face it - universities are businesses too. If they can do it, I don't see why your company can't. SO frustrating to see this awful attitude of "business as usual", though it's no surprise, all things considered. Still disgraceful. Are they going to wait until things get as bad here as they are in Italy? Uuuugh! ca1a20_5b48ceba6d484c26b9923f24c0bcc14b~ca1a20_06f5d96858fb42ba8fa10b635bd4e5d7~ Pls keep us posted on how the meeting goes today! :grouphug 

Lucy, you were raised to be a "good girl," I imagine, and back in the day company loyalty was a real and important thing. Believe me, I was completely stunned that MY loyalty, in the end, meant absolutely nothing.  I hope you are able to muster yourself and get the heck out of there!

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Miss Kerry, maybe they have to grow the trees first?   :rotfl  I'm trying to conserve paper products also.  It's been amazing to me how little of it you actually need most times.  Well said about working from home during this pandemic.  

Hope you and Pippin are safely tucked away and that your TP arrives soon!

Miss Noo Carol

Good first day working from home! I have two furry supervisors. The fat tortie cat thought I was going to feed her twice. LOL Never realized how small this laptop is, I use a docking station and a big monitor and USB perephrials at work.

Susan, that is strange, we have an overabundance of cats and kittens at all times. People never spay/neuter.

Lucy, once you retire, they are going to realize how valuable you are--so maybe sooner than later??

Me & John Reese (Gable Dodge x O Jays) and the 4 kittehs!

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

Oh, Miss Lucy---whot Miss Kerry an Miss Susan sed.  The fawlt is wiff yer bosses an knot YOU.  You are  responsibel, an allays wanna do the rite fing.  My Mom mite hab felt the same way erlier in her life.  But now she reelizes she haz to take kare ob herownself.  We ALL hab to look owt fer owrownselfs---that way, we can look owt fer owr frends an fambily.

An I fink sumbuddy is gonna hab to make a definit desishun abowt whot stays opin an who stays put.  If they dont, it is gonna be made FOR them.

Aw, Hamish, you are a good an sensitib brudder.  Wood be grate to find a liddle kitteh.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina, Kiva and Laila
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Posted (edited)

The governor of Maryland ordered all non-essential businesses to close yesterday afternoon at 5 pm.    There is a very long list of essential businesses though, that include hospitals, other health care facilities, utility services, grocery stores, farmer's markets and a host of others.     It also includes liquor stores!?! :dunno    I guess in this climate alcohol is essential to (mental) health!

Edited by Potomacpupsmom

gallery_22163_3545_11448.jpg

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

It's TootsDay everwon!  Guest had her last PT this morning.  I am also happy to report that :brushteeth was able to score some TP :rofl last week so they are good for a little while.  AND, he didn't have to trade dental services to get it!  :rotfl  But, his office is now CLOSED for everything because they are not able to get the N95 masks that they need.  Scary times.  

Meanwhile, Guest is at her office.  The federal government feels that lawyers are essential :rofl so she has to work.  Her office would actually let them work from home if the Courts would just stay all deadlines.  But, they didn't, so she cannot or risk malpractice.  What a messed up whirled.  She checked everything last night and is all ready to work from home once she gets the ok.  *I* imagine it will be sooner rather than later.  Here's hoping! 

Kevin, Guest's son, works at a hospital in Denver.  He is in medical supply management and part of the entire hospital logistic team.  He is working 16 hour days now, 7 days a week.  We really worry about his health and safety, too.  

Our local pound only has a zillion cats.  Maybe 3-4 dogs.  We do have another very friendly and lovable stray hanging around again.  Looks to be the brother of Rusty, our stray that we rehomed.  People are cruel.

Miss Lucy, I am sorry that your work place is a bunch of doodyheads.  

It isn't supposed to rain today but will rain all day again tomorrow.  Blech.  We need warm and humid in hopes that it will slow this nasty virus down.  

Anyway, we hope all have changed into their daytime jammies!  Don't want to get too comfy!  Personally, I am doing my best to be able to sleep alone.  I have found that lying on a dog bed until Paris plops herself on someone else and then moving to the couch is working for now.  A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!  :devil

Have a great day everwon!  

TTFN

Miss Fancypants :star 

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

Hiya!

Wee Hamish, I’m sorry you’re missin your kitteh. Do you theenk you’d like a noo one? What about baldie kitteh, is he a friendly sort?

Miss Fancypants, you have no pants! :omg I had no ideer you were so lackin in rump furs! I myownself am exceptionally furry. My Mistress has taken to callin me a hyena due to the abundance of furs on my nek and sholders.

Miss Mam, I bin meanin to say I theenk your sanitation coral is pawsome! Functional and funny cause it’s a reel coral in a horsey store! :lol:

Miss Loosy, these are strange and difficult times, whitch none of us houndies or hoomans have seen before. It is OK that your Ma is unshore of her aktshuns, we all are. All you can do is what you theenk is rite. And a lotta biznisses are knot makin that ez. As far as we know Mistress' offish is still knot offishally shut. Her bosslady, who is in Indianapples, told her there was going to be a fisshal notiss of it being shut yesserday but she’s still knot seen nuthin. And Wiskconsin is on a Safer At Home order.

Today’s werk from home noos is that a house down the street is gettin noo roof. <_< There is a lot of noises inneruptin my sleeps. Alla youse houndies noo to werk from home, nows the time to hone your pesto skills! Askin to go out, then in, then out is a good start. Bonus points iffen you do it whilst she’s on the phone.

Wags,

Lila

Lila with tulips
Jerilyn, devoted Mistress to Lila (Good Looking)

Ms Scooter Carol, not to get too personal butt you know the coffee filters aren't flushable, right?

Charlie the iggy, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella)
Angels: Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Harbor Freight Tools is offering their supplies to hospitals that need them, the procurement office should check that out.

Dixie gets the Pesto of The Morning award, she kept coming round while I was giving a webinar. Fuzzy squeaked a few times, then laid back down.

Me & John Reese (Gable Dodge x O Jays) and the 4 kittehs!

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

City Hall has already sent out a press release days ago emphasizing that baby wipes, paper towels, Kleenex, etc is KNOT flushable and will screw up the water plant, not to mention your plumbing. "even if it says its flushable". Anyone  who lives in an older home knows these things of course.  😮😮.  North Dakota closed down the court system well over a week ago. I am in awe of Dr David's tp obtaining skills.  I'm a failure in that area I fear. 

gallery_14387_3165_6886.jpg

Patsy and DH with the Humane Society specials, Linus & Jazz, in North Dakota

:wave Hola!  It’s snowing just a little.

We are sorry Mr. B is gone Miss Soosin and Nikita and Hamish!  A little black and white kitten sound like it would be a nice addition to your fambly.

We hope AWL our friends will stay good! More fishie waters need to be changed....

:wave Galina

Tin and Michael, Galgos: Lucas, Baltasar, Picasso, Hero, Oasis, Galina, Neizan, Enzo and Salvo the Galgos.
Remembering Bridge Angel Greyhounds: Tosca, Jamey, Master, Diego, and Ambi; plus Angel Galgos Jules and Marco.

Hello my Friendlies!

It's gray and gloomy outside this morning.  A nice day for napping inside once you get your yips out with a nice game of chase with your sisters!  :D 

Miss Soozin, all the rescue groops and shelters around here have closed so all the volunteers can stay home, so it mite be a while before they get back to you about those new kittehs.

Miss Loosy, if your compny made n95 mask fabric or bedsheets or hospital gowns I could see keeping it open.  But all those big bosses are doing rite now is padding their profit margin at the expense of their employees.  (<<<  Momma made me tiktik that!  <_< )   It's hard not to feel that loyalty when you've worked for one place for so long, but really, if - DOG forbid!!!! - you was in a car accident or something beyond your control, that compny would go rite on without you, right???  Alternatingly, you could just walk through the corporate offices fake coffcoffcoffing and sneezing all over peeples desks!!!  :lol  :lol  :lol   Bet they'd close down riteawaykwik affer that!!!

Miss FancyPants Momma hopes those courts here close down soon too, cause she got called for jury dooty (I said DOOTY!!!) in the middle of April.  Plus also, read Momma's commint to Miss Loosy - medical malpractice probly isn't a "necessity" for the survival of civilization, so we are really at a loss as to why you are still going in to work.  :dunno  :youcrazy 

But, Momma says too there's something to be said for erning bikkie munnies!!!  So........  :dunno 

Miss Ivy, you tell your Momma to be safe and helffy working at that hospital!!!  :eek 

Actually, ALL my Friendlies need to be smart and stay safe!!!!  :shakefinger  Cause who would take care of your houndies of you gotted sick???  :kiss2  Be safe!  Stay home!!

BYE-EEE!!!   :rivethead

:P  AndiPants

Chris - Mom to: Lilly, Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

35764734494_93de5b5963_b.jpg

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom