Hello again

We have decided to consult with Dr. Couto.  He has been very quick to reply to us and has already reviewed all of Puma's medical records and x-rays.  He agrees that Puma has a primary bone tumor in her right front shoulder bone. AKA OsteoSarcoma.  HE also believes she has a hairline pathological fracture in the inner part of the shoulder Boone.  The good news is that he also agrees that Puma's Thoracic radiographs look absolutely normal.  We have an appointment with the chief of surgery at a major education hospital in Boston for this Thursday to have them examine Puma in advance of a potential amputation.  Dr. Couto has asked me to send him any specific questions we have. I can think of some off the top of my head, but I figured this community would know the best things to ask.  Any help with questions is greatly appreciated.

Puma just turned 12 last month. She is a retired racing greyhound.  Although she is 12, she acts like she is 4.  Very happy. Very positive disposition. Loves to run sprint laps around our huge backyard.  Even with this slight limp, she still wants to moro around the yard, but I'm keeping her on the slow track obviously.  I know 12 is one hell of a good life and that the he end could certainly be near, but her demeanor and attitude and appetite tells me she is doing pretty well. We are happy we caught this Osteosarcoma early.  But we still don't quite know what our next step should be, while also knowing we need to move quickly.

Thanks in advance!P9-2.jpg.6b9b043e0914655b1e1c180bf85c4156.jpg

I see that your post about a Go Fund Me was deleted. That kind of request isn't allowed on GT.  Are you on the Greytalk Facebook page? It's not related to this dot com page and folks often post GFM requests there.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png