Happy 1 Year Gotcha Day, Petunia!

One year ago today Petunia came to visit us while her Foster Mom "went to a meeting" (yeah, right...)  She was here less than an hour when I told DW to "just write the check." 

This little old lady girl pulled both of us out of the funk of losing Rocket months earlier. We weren't ready for another dog.  Petunia thought otherwise. 

Happy one year Gotcha Day to our bossy, foot-stomping, whining, talking broodie. 

YbqE0i8.jpg

i11wGjv.jpg

3inSt6q.jpg

Edited by Time4ANap
typo
rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Happy Gotcha Day to all of you! <3 

Kendra, devoted walker of Henry (Tom Jones: Great Son x Lucia)

Missing Badger (Vf Get R Done: Quicksand Slip x Ll Tee el See), 5/04 - 2/14, who opened our hearts and our home to greyhounds; Kenzie (Slatex Kenzie: Randy Handy x Slatex Chrisy), 4/03 - 10/14, who really knew what a good dog she was; Falcon (Atascocita Sabat: Dodgem by Design x Atascocita Barb), 9/10 - 1/20, who was grumpy and snarky but eventually a little bit cuddly, too; Grandpa Grey the Galgo Español, 2008 (?) to 2022, who made us feel lucky to be the ones to teach him about pet life; and Lucia (Larking About x Anastasia, 5/12 to 8/23), our first brood matron and the sweetest speckly girl. 

*We weren't ready for another dog.  Petunia thought otherwise.*

Indeed. You don't get the dog you want, you get the dog you need :beatheart

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

It doesn't seem like a year (quiet tears here for Rocket).  Remind me again of her background?

Petunia thought otherwise. 

Indeed.  Broodies know best.  

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

21 minutes ago, EllenEveBaz said:

It doesn't seem like a year (quiet tears here for Rocket).  Remind me again of her background?

Indeed.  Broodies know best.  

We don't know a lot about her other than she came from one of the farms where the owners are either retiring or cutting back the number of hounds on the farm. She had 21 pups that got registered and we don't know how many others she may have had that weren't registered. We're pretty sure that she and Kate were on the same farm together even though they came in at different times. 

One of her pups, MW's T-Rex has been quite the racer for the last year or so. 

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

1 hour ago, Houndtime said:

What a fast year!!  Beautiful girlie.

And we still can't get her to wear a coat. You'd think we were trying to murder her.....:lol

For those who don't know - Petunia received one of Miss Irene's house coats as a welcome present from a wonderful person here on GT. We have never been able to get it on her without a fight and having her run far away from us.  She is just KNOT a fashionista. :rofl  We couldn't even get a picture of it on her for Irene's website. Kate now wears the coat when it gets chilly here. 

The same thing happened when we tried a Thunder Coat on her during a bad storm. She and Kate are both very Thunderphobic. Makes for an interesting time during long storms. 

Sometimes it just all works the way it's supposed to. 

:confetti :confetti  CONGRATULATIONS!!!! :confetti  :confetti

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Happy Gotcha Day Petunia!

I'm so glad you made your decision--and conquests--so quickly. :lol

Senior broodies are the best. :beatheart 

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Happy gotcha day pretty Petunia.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross