Looking for Littermates? (Flying Train X WWK Tostitos)

Nova

Hello! I haven't been on here in a long while (a couple years I think, I might do an update thread or something!), but the other day I was on Reddit and saw a thread of someone looking for the litter mates of their adopted grey so they could sort of talk about them together and such! One of the comments linked back to this site as the best likely place to find a relative and I thought that seemed like a wonderful idea and figured I'd give it a shot too!

The sire is Flying Train and the dam WWK Tostitos! They were born 7/28/2014. My girls racing name was Kay Kay Hollow, and I got her just over three years ago! There were six total in the litter including Dory, and I think all but two have been adopted out? I'm not sure where the others are, I think one is out east, but maybe I can get in touch with my fellow dog parents and share pictures and such! I would love to hear about Dory's siblings :)

Here is the obligatory Dory photo! (she also has an instagram if you guys wanna follower her! she's @dorythegreyhound)

IMG_8745.jpeg.3a1ce6a3f427516f2e9c14d149ba1eb0.jpeg

(I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place or not allowed, I wasn't sure but let me know and I can delete this! I just thought that it would be fun to check out!)

According to http://www.greyhound-data.com/breed.htm the siblings are Kay Kay Anchor, Kay Kay Flag, Kay Kay Paging, Kay Kay Rock and Kay Kay System with two half siblings Betamerica Elite and Betamerica Perks.

Grace (Ardera Coleen) b. 18 June 2014 - Gotcha Day 10 June 2018 - Going grey gracefully
Guinness (Antigua Rum) b. 3 September 2017 - Gotcha Day 18 March 2022 - A gentleman most of the time

16 hours ago, zimsmom said:

Holy smokes that is one big dog for a female.  She is just stunning!!!

Haha thank you! She's actually pretty small for a female, she's about 57 pounds but she's got short little legs!

9 hours ago, HeyRunDog said:

According to http://www.greyhound-data.com/breed.htm the siblings are Kay Kay Anchor, Kay Kay Flag, Kay Kay Paging, Kay Kay Rock and Kay Kay System with two half siblings Betamerica Elite and Betamerica Perks.

I've seen that! I know who her siblings are, I'm just hoping that by posting on here I might be able to get in touch with their adopters :)

There is also a group called The Littermates List both on FB and a website.  And don't discount Mr Google.  Try searching for their racing names and see where/if they ended up with an adoption group.  Their info on Greyhound Data will also sometimes list the group or even the adopters.

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

On 1/22/2020 at 9:14 AM, ramonaghan said:

She's beautiful! Those muscles do make her look bigger than she is. I'll follow you guys on IG. :) 

Thank you!! She's just got such wee little legs!! I love them so much haha

Thank you for the follow!! :) 

23 hours ago, dmdsmoxie said:

If you are on FB try joining the Pro Greyhound Movement group and ask there.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/470273329733654/

I'm always amazed that there is almost always someone that knows the dog someone is asking about.  There are farmers, kennel owners, trainers and people from adoption groups on that site.

Dick

Awesome, I"ll check that out! Thank you so much :)

22 hours ago, greysmom said:

There is also a group called The Littermates List both on FB and a website.  And don't discount Mr Google.  Try searching for their racing names and see where/if they ended up with an adoption group.  Their info on Greyhound Data will also sometimes list the group or even the adopters.

I'll check those out too!

I've tried finding her siblings with Greyhound Data and google searches, I know she has a brother that was adopted out in the east and that one of her sisters is doing really well and is still racing. But I haven't found anything more concrete than those sort of vague things. But I'll for sure check out those facebook groups!

As was mentioned above Kay Kay System was bred and had two pups.  They were born in July and most females go into season every 6 months so whether she was bred again or adopted out I don't know.

http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=2103995

When you mentioned your pups sire was Flying Train it caught my eye because he was a great racers many years ago and he was whelped in 1989.

Dick