Does anyone need Vetmedin?

Sadly, my Penny has gone to the bridge.  She had been diagnosed with DCM, and was being treated with Vetmedin and L-carnatine, as prescribed by her cardiologist.  I have about 30 tabs of 10mg vetmedin and about 50 of L-carnatine leftover.  I can return them to my vet , who will donate them, but I'm hoping a grey or non-grey sib could use them.  I'll happily mail them off.

Altho her disease was progressing, she did not succumb to it.  She suffered a severe spinal injury after a fall in the yard, as well as dislocating one hip.  By the time I got to the EVet, she was unable to control her hind end at all.  Because of the DCM, she wasn't a candidate for surgery. So I gave her a kiss, told her she was a good girl, and said goodbye.

I am so sorry to hear that. How awful. I know what its like when they suddenly go down like that in the yard. My deepest sympathy. At least Penny is happy and healthy now. Perhaps she will send you a sign to comfort you and let you know she is OK and that the love you 2 shared is eternal.

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality." ~ Emily Dickinson

The Way

In the darkness I turned to go; my last day's

done; I'll miss you so. No time even to say

goodbye or to lock the tears spilling from

your eyes.

That's when I heard you call my name;

I knew right then I must turn back to help ease your pain.

Since I've no voice with which to speak,

its whispers in your dreams I'll make.

Ease your heart and rest your mind, my

time with you was the best of kind. I couldn't

have asked for a better friend, we've shared

our journey to the very end.

There's one final thing you need to know, I'll

whisper in your ear before I go....."I'm leaving

first to find the way...so I can lead you back here with me on your last day."  -(SLong)

:f_red:f_pink:f_red

So sorry for your loss of Penny. No matter the circumstances it is always difficult and sad. Rest well sweetie. 

Mom to Ranger (PB's Long Ranger), Esso (Kiowa Stay Over) and Cookie the rattie mix

Missing Kahn (Gil's Khan) 10-29-03 - 11-7-16  Belle (Regall Belooow) 8-9-07 - 3-12-17  Star (Greyt Star) 1-19-07 - 3-13-2020  Pitch (Emerald Pitch) 4-1-08 - 6-3-2020

Didn’t you just have a birthday? Oh my goodness, I am so sorry it was Penny’s time. She knew how much she was loved. :grouphug :grouphug

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Thank you, everyone, for your kind words.  The "missing her" is not quite as acute as it was, until I do something unthinkingly routine.  For example, the other day I came into the foyer, hung up my jacket, greeted the other two, then made a left down the hall to let Penny out of her crate.  Halfway there I realized.  Several times at breakfast or dinner, even though I only have two bowls in hand, I feed Sasha, then Sirius, then go to Penny's spot...but there's no bowl and no feeder.  Penny has joined the Fun Police Squad in the field at the Bridge, of that I'm positive.

Thank you all again.