GIG 2020

2greyhoundMINI

18 minutes ago, MP_the4pack said:

Me!! For the Quality inn.

If it's not to late.

I'm sorry you're not going,  I  enjoy running into you and saying hi during these events.

Mary Pat, is there a time later today we can figure this out? I'll be out most of the morning but I'll call the Quality Inn and see how best to facilitate this transfer. The second floor is okay for your dogs?

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

4 hours ago, macoduck said:

Mary Pat, is there a time later today we can figure this out? I'll be out most of the morning but I'll call the Quality Inn and see how best to facilitate this transfer. The second floor is okay for your dogs?

Yes. On both. 

I'm glad I procrastinated on getting my room even though I already registered. Thanks for thinking of a GTer when you opted to cancel. 

8 hours ago, MP_the4pack said:

Thanks to Ducky I now have a place to stay this year.  :D

You're welcome, Mary Pat.

I'll hold off on cancelling the reservation I had for the Best Western for a few days, in case someone is interested in taking it. Unfortunately, they have a no dog policy.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

!Hurray! Glad you are going!

Greyhounds: Amelia (Cataloosahatchee 9.10.17) & Carmen (Rebellious Bird 8.23.17)
Kitty: Biggi Paws (7.4.13)
Horse: WC Kharena (2.28.17)
Rainbow Bridge: Raider Kitty (4.1.01 - 8.12.21), Sidney (Kane's Seminole 11.14.08 - 9.26.19 ), June (Potrs June 6.1.09 - 3.1.19) Bella the Rottweiler, Kitties: Spike, DC, Gilda, Killer, Sophie & Nala 

We’re booked at the Quality Inn but I really need a first floor room or we may have to cancel. Katie will be 13.5 y/o. If anyone is cancelling their first floor room, please let me know. tia

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

10 hours ago, greytpups said:

Katie will be 13.5 y/o.

Wot??  :beatheart

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Yes, and I don’t want to jinx anything, but right now she’s really healthy!

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

I canceled my reservation for the Best Western today. I hope to you guys in 2021.

tiny hada siggy.png

Hoe to see you then!

Greyhounds: Amelia (Cataloosahatchee 9.10.17) & Carmen (Rebellious Bird 8.23.17)
Rainbow Bridge: Raider Kitty (4.1.01 - 8.12.21), Sidney (Kane's Seminole 11.14.08 - 9.26.19 ), June (Potrs June 6.1.09 - 3.1.19) Bella the Rottweiler, Kitties: Spike, DC, Gilda, Killer, Sophie & Nala 

• 2 weeks later...

Ducky!  I'll miss you!!

I'm going from Thursday through Saturday (YAY!  Got off work)  So I'll see everyone there...   is everyone going to the Frederick stuff?  I plan on being packed & taking off From Frederick that evening (closer to my house)

Staying at the Comfort Inn on Balt Ave (no dogs & it was cheap!)

Jeannine with Lili & Okie, the kitty sisters and Cody grey-girl waiting at the bridge (along with kitties Weenie & Merlin)

On 2/13/2020 at 7:58 PM, greytpups said:

We’re booked at the Quality Inn but I really need a first floor room or we may have to cancel. Katie will be 13.5 y/o. If anyone is cancelling their first floor room, please let me know. tia

Katie is THIRTEEN?!?!  When did that happen??

Jeannine with Lili & Okie, the kitty sisters and Cody grey-girl waiting at the bridge (along with kitties Weenie & Merlin)

On 2/11/2020 at 9:12 PM, MP_the4pack said:

Thanks to Ducky I now have a place to stay this year.  :D

Yay!  See you there, MP!  Hopefully, we can hang out some!

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/28/2020 at 9:44 AM, ozgirl said:

Katie is THIRTEEN?!?!  When did that happen??

November 12, 2019 :) 

• 2 weeks later...

Sadly I just got the email GiG 2020 is canceled. 
I was really looking forward to going this year with the girls. 

I am leaving them with my registration as a donation to help offset the loss in revenue. 

Just now, 2greyhoundMINI said:

Sadly I just got the email GiG 2020 is canceled. 
I was really looking forward to going this year with the girls. 

I am leaving them with my registration as a donation to help offset the loss in revenue. 

Yeah. Me too.  I'm not surprised.  I'm going to give them a little more $$ since this is their biggest fundraiser. I'm just sad that CC (my Canidrome girl) isn't going to make it to GIG.  She turned 6 yesterday.  She will not see 7. Her kidneys just will not make it that long. 

1 minute ago, MP_the4pack said:

Yeah. Me too.  I'm not surprised.  I'm going to give them a little more $$ since this is their biggest fundraiser. I'm just sad that CC (my Canidrome girl) isn't going to make it to GIG.  She turned 6 yesterday.  She will not see 7. Her kidneys just will not make it that long. 

I’m so sorry to hear that :grouphug

5 minutes ago, MP_the4pack said:

For anyone at the Quality Inn they will rebook you for next year already. 

Thx for the heads up... I need to cancel my hotel!