GIG 2020

2greyhoundMINI

Who's going?

I booked a room and registered. We are going Friday- Saturday this year. 

Missed last year so looking forward to getting back out!

Greyhounds: Amelia (Cataloosahatchee 9.10.17) & Carmen (Rebellious Bird 8.23.17)
Kitty: Biggi Paws (7.4.13)
Horse: WC Kharena (2.28.17)
Rainbow Bridge: Raider Kitty (4.1.01 - 8.12.21), Sidney (Kane's Seminole 11.14.08 - 9.26.19 ), June (Potrs June 6.1.09 - 3.1.19) Bella the Rottweiler, Kitties: Spike, DC, Gilda, Killer, Sophie & Nala 

I have booked a room.  It remains to be seen if we can make it or not.  We were not able to attend last year.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

I'm going. Whether I bring a dog with me depends on if I can get a downstairs room. Could only get an upstairs room at the Quality and I'm not 100% sure my knee is going to like it.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

We will be there from Thursday to Sunday. We’ve been going to greyhound events since 2008. This will be our first one without a greyhound. :(

4894718087_9910a46faa_d.jpg

Tricia with Kyle, our senior mutt dog 
Always missing Murray MaldivesBee Wiseman, River, Hopper, Kaia, and 
Holly Oaks Holly
“You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.“          -Bob Dylan

57 minutes ago, 45MPHK9 said:

We will be there from Thursday to Sunday. We’ve been going to greyhound events since 2008. This will be our first one without a greyhound. :(

:( 

Greyhounds: Amelia (Cataloosahatchee 9.10.17) & Carmen (Rebellious Bird 8.23.17)
Rainbow Bridge: Raider Kitty (4.1.01 - 8.12.21), Sidney (Kane's Seminole 11.14.08 - 9.26.19 ), June (Potrs June 6.1.09 - 3.1.19) Bella the Rottweiler, Kitties: Spike, DC, Gilda, Killer, Sophie & Nala 

We will be getting there the 29th and leaving on the 4th.  

We'll be staying at the Round Top campground.  

This will be our 1st time to GIG

Annette, mom to Banjo (AJN Spider Man) & Casey (kitty), wife to Roy. Mom to bridgekids: Wheat (GH), Icabod (GH), Scarlett (Cab's Peg Bundy), Rhett (Kiowa Day Juice), Dixie (Pazzo Dixie), Pogo/Gleason (Rambunctious), and Miriam (Miriam of Ruckus) and Spooky, Taffy, Garfield, & Lefty (kitties)

20 minutes ago, Annette said:

We will be getting there the 29th and leaving on the 4th.  

We'll be staying at the Round Top campground.  

This will be our 1st time to GIG

Nice!

Anyone book at County Inn and Suites?  I’ve stayed there for the last few years and always found it a lovely place to stay....was just quoted $198/night plus $30/night non-refundable pet fee.  Guess I need to rethink my choice of lodging.

52 minutes ago, tbhounds said:

Anyone book at County Inn and Suites?  I’ve stayed there for the last few years and always found it a lovely place to stay....was just quoted $198/night plus $30/night non-refundable pet fee.  Guess I need to rethink my choice of lodging.

So you are going to make it this year?  We will have to get together.

Annette, mom to Banjo (AJN Spider Man) & Casey (kitty), wife to Roy. Mom to bridgekids: Wheat (GH), Icabod (GH), Scarlett (Cab's Peg Bundy), Rhett (Kiowa Day Juice), Dixie (Pazzo Dixie), Pogo/Gleason (Rambunctious), and Miriam (Miriam of Ruckus) and Spooky, Taffy, Garfield, & Lefty (kitties)

1 hour ago, tbhounds said:

I was quoted $737 for  4/29-5/3 at the Best Western, but they don't allow pets.

I booked at the Quality Inn 4/30-5/3 for Approx. $440. It's second floor so I may not be bringing Hada with me.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

21 minutes ago, macoduck said:

I was quoted $737 for  4/29-5/3 at the Best Western, but they don't allow pets.

I booked at the Quality Inn 4/30-5/3 for Approx. $440. It's second floor so I may not be bringing Hada with me.

Just checked the Quality Inn on York-AAA price is $99/nt (pet fee is another $10/nt).  I love the Country Inn I just can’t justify $230/nt

Edited by tbhounds

29 minutes ago, 45MPHK9 said:

No to Quality Inn on York! Stay at the one on Steinwehr. That’s where we are. :)

Booked solid for the next century.  Found a deal and booked at Country Inn.  Still not sure I can attend (starting new job next week) but, I can cancel if need be.

Anyone at the Eisenhower?

That’s where I’ll be. 

joe has an solo show opening at mockingbird handprints, san antonio, tx the last week of april, so we will not be attending this year. let's see what 2021 brings-

ducky- the york qi was under construction last year and dirt cheap, no pet fee. only 10 min from the cave at the other qi!

• 2 weeks later...

I won't be going this year. Instead I'm going to spend some time with old friends on Ocracoke Island NC. I lived there in the 1970-80's. They were hit really hard during hurricane Dorian and over 65 homes had to be demolished. Businesses are rebuilding and struggling to get back on their feet. So my money will go to bringing some needed items for them and spending my money in the few shops that are open. For my dear, now very elderly neighbor, I have a few framed photos and my sketches since all her photos were destroyed.

I will be cancelling my GIG reservations. I booked at both the Quality Inn (upstairs room) and the Best Western (no dogs allowed) since I wasn't sure I'd be bringing a dog along or not. If you haven't been able to book a room let me know so I can switch one of those reservations to your name.

tiny hada siggy.png

2 hours ago, macoduck said:

I won't be going this year. Instead I'm going to spend some time with old friends on Ocracoke Island NC. I lived there in the 1970-80's. They were hit really hard during hurricane Dorian and over 65 homes had to be demolished. Businesses are rebuilding and struggling to get back on their feet. So my money will go to bringing some needed items for them and spending my money in the few shops that are open. For my dear, now very elderly neighbor, I have a few framed photos and my sketches since all her photos were destroyed.

I will be cancelling my GIG reservations. I booked at both the Quality Inn (upstairs room) and the Best Western (no dogs allowed) since I wasn't sure I'd be bringing a dog along or not. If you haven't been able to book a room let me know so I can switch one of those reservations to your name.

I really love you are doing this!

Good luck to your old friends and their town.