Poor Jenny has big time tummy gurgles.  She must be quite uncomfortable as she did not eat breakfast for the first time ever. 

Anything I can safely give her to release the gas?

Lord, I hope this is not hookworm!!!   

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

My go-to for gurgles is Gas-X.  We use the gel cap. I doubt there's any xylitol in them (vs the dissolvable kind) but always check.

Charlie the iggy, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella), Lulu the podenco andaluz
Angels: Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Gas-x is good.  You can also give a pepcid (or generic) about 20 minutes before mealtimes to help with them.  And I would definitely check for hooks before trying other solutions.

Chris - Mom to: Lilly, Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

35764734494_93de5b5963_b.jpg

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom

let's NOT think hookworms- how about some grass that she ate!  i vote for pecid ac, start probiotics and rice/ground turkey- boil the turkey pour over the rice and keep her on this for a tad. then slowly add kibble. dogs pick up strange stuff eating grass.  

if she is still gurgles in a couple of days, then a quick check at the vet. let's hope plain old fashioned stomach bug. i can understand your near panic.

regular hook worms are treatable- our new girl had them, 2 negative readings since treatment- but there was a positive for giardiasis which we managed to get a negative reading for after treatment. i was totally shocked.

Thanks to all for your advice. I ended up giving her a Beano tablet (vet approved) that I had on hand. No more gurgles. I’m thinking maybe she was given ‘people food’ by our guests on Christmas Eve which she is not used too. Regardless, I’m requesting a fecal when we go to the vet on Tuesday for a previously scheduled appointment.  

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".