Winter Solstice

It is always nice to start gaining daylight.  While our earliest sunsets were earlier this month, so we've been gaining time at night and our latest sunsets still haven't happened  we do start gaining more time at night than we lose in the morning.

The other thing about being in the northern hemisphere is we will be closest to the sun on January 4th and farthest from the sun on, it's either July 3rd or 4th forgot which it is this year.

We add 10 minutes of daylight in the next two weeks!!!

Though it seems to take forever to get to long days, yet just two months to get to long nights!!

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Dick has inspired me to do some research...

https://www.timeanddate.com/astronomy/equation-of-time.html

And I, unlike many of you, prefer to have more light in the mornings.

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Ditto. I've been wondering for years why it seems to be dark at 7 am so much longer after the Winter Solstice than before. The other day I finally did some googling and found a similar article. I'm looking forward to the day when the sun starts rising earlier.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

We're further north here in the UK than most of  y'all back home (except Alaska ;) )

Today Sunset was 16:05, Sunrise 08:15, 10C, 94% humadidity and cloudy. No snow yet.

We need a bit of Sun for longer...

Regards,
Wayne Kroncke

CAVE CANEM RADIX LECTI ET SEMPER PARATUS
Vegetarians: My food poops on your food.